Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» New call sign request (Issued)
callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 7:57 pm by spod

» 11m conditions
callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 4:50 pm by glenn dog

» Greetings from Fife, New call sign request (Issued)
callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 3:42 pm by Jazzscot

» Intruduction & call sign request (Issued)
callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 3:19 pm by GaryWilson

» HF Contacts 15m
callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 7:42 am by SangueG

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 pm by Razz229

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:50 pm by glenn dog

» EU conditions have started
callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:48 pm by glenn dog

» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 10:47 pm by John123

Keywords
display Sirio sign yaesu Mckinley Mobile 2023 9900 chart meter lincoln 6900 list antenna anytone callsign 2022 ALINCO power supply call frequency ss9900 software president Baofeng
QRZ Database

Callsign request. (Issued)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GikaH

Call Sign : 161-CT-014
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Bielsko-Biala
Equipment Used : Alan 48 Plus (will change to ssb soon)

callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Empty
PostSubject: Callsign request. (Issued)   callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2024 7:49 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm thrilled to have stumbled upon the Charlie Tango DX group and the Freeband community itself.

My name is Mathias, and I hail from southern Poland (at around 500m above sea level), with ample opportunities to explore even higher altitudes.

Though my experience with radio communication is relatively fresh (aside from tinkering with my own FM low-power transmitter at the age of fourteen), I possess a diverse skill set encompassing programming, electronics, soldering, networking, physics, and mathematics.

My journey began with PMR radio, which I used to explain radio wave principles to my son, reminiscent of my father's similar guidance during my youth (albeit for less legal purposes, as he constructed his own FM transceivers for pirate broadcasting). Subsequently, I delved into custom software for Quacheng radios and ventured into antenna construction. It was then that I rediscovered the world of CB radio and purchased my first CB set (Alan 48 Plus), which I promptly unlocked for 400 channels. However, with guidance from the local 'night PMR group,' I soon realized the necessity of SSB for fully exploiting the potential of the 11-meter band.

My journey led me to "freebanding," where I found a better fit than traditional HAM radio (though I still harbor aspirations of obtaining a license in the future, just for the sake of it). Despite nearing 40, my heart remains firmly rooted in the '80s, with a deep love for Hi-Fi, computers, and the music and movies of that era.

As I contemplate my first transceiver (considering options like the Galaxy Saturn, Lincoln, CRT SS7900V Turbo, Uniden BEARCAT 980, ALINCO DX-10, or potentially something else upon further research), I've opted for a uSDR+ for now, to acclimate myself to SSB transmissions and potentially modify it. I believe my greatest satisfaction will come from DX'ing with low power, utilizing homemade antennas amidst the serenity of the forest.

With this in mind, I earnestly request a callsign to become an integral part of your community and an official member of the freebanding community.

Twisted Evil  73  Twisted Evil

glenn dog, Red Rooster LN-4614 and weealan like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Callsign request. (Issued)   callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2024 6:13 am

Hello Mathias,

Welcome to Charlie Tango DX.

Great introduction there but I'm afraid I can't get you allocated a call sign yet without QTH details as in the town/city you live in or near.

If you can fill that in on your profile rather than a Maidenhead locator either myself or our other call sign admin Gary will get you issued on our next round of allocations.

All the best,
Victor

CT Admin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Callsign request. (Issued)   callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2024 11:14 am

Hello and welcome, Mathias.

Fantastic intro.👍

73s John.
Back to top Go down
GikaH

PostSubject: Re: Callsign request. (Issued)   callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 11:19 am

I see, sorry. I filled in my QTH Locator (JN99MS) at registration instead of specifying the city.

So my QTH is Bielsko-Biala City (49.8225°N; 19.0469°E). 

Thank you sincerely for your reply.

glenn dog and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Callsign request. (Issued)   callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 4:38 pm

Hi again Mathias,

No problem at all and thanks for updating.

I am delighted to allocate you 161-CT-014 may you have good luck with it.

All the best,
Victor

CT Admin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
GikaH

PostSubject: Re: Callsign request. (Issued)   callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 3:56 pm

Thank you kindly. Hope that I'll be able to find some of you very soon. 73s!

John123 and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Callsign request. (Issued)   callsign - Callsign request. (Issued) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Callsign request. (Issued)
Page 1 of 1