Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 10 Metre Summer Challenge 2024
 New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 7:26 pm by SangueG

» MAAS DP-27 dipole antenna tuning
 New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 6:23 pm by madmax

» new call sign
 New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 2:02 pm by JUMPER

» CT call sign request
 New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 1:50 pm by Petesevern

» EU conditions have started
 New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 10:41 am by babis3g

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
 New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 8:51 am by babis3g

» HF Contacts 15m
 New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 8:44 am by Ivy Mike

» South Coast PMR net report
 New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 8:12 am by Razz229

» Help needed
 New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 6:52 am by teapot

Keywords
6900 sign frequency 9900 yaesu supply chart president callsign anytone call 2023 power Mobile Baofeng display lincoln software Sirio antenna Mckinley 2022 meter list ss9900 ALINCO
QRZ Database

New member call sign request (Issued)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RC Pilot

Call Sign : 2-CT-166
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Equipment Used : Cobra 29 LTD Classic Radio

New member call sign request (Issued) Empty
PostSubject: New member call sign request (Issued)    New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2020 11:39 pm

Hello everyone. My personal is Jeff. Thank you for accepting me to the group. I’m looking forward to learning the ways of your group. I am new to the hobby of CB Radio. But have a strong desire to learn and enjoy. If I may I’d like to share a bit about who I am, and how I came to join in this group.

Before I get started. Would it be possible as a new member to request a Charlie Tango Call Sign, please?

I was interested in getting into the hobby a few years back. Had even began to acquire some radio equipment. But then due to a 3 year illness all was out on hold. Now that my health has improved and life is normal again for the most part. My interest is peaking again into CB Radio. I’m 62 years of age, and have retired in the past year. So that in addition to returning health. Now is a great time for a new hobby. I’ve spent my life in Indiana. Recently have moved to and now living in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

I have on hand an older Cobra 29 LTD Classic CB Radio. I had an Antron 99 Antenna. But somehow it was left behind in our move. So that will be my next immediate purchase.

I hope to get this project moving soon. Especially as I keep reading about the skip starting to be frequent. This will be a great time to start acquiring knowledge. Which brings me to one last question. In my situation here it seems I may have to go with an antenna inside the attic of my garage. Due to condo leasing agreements. I have received a recommendation that I should build a dipole antenna for this. Any and all information, request and help will be greatly appreciated.

I’d like to thank you all for your time and understanding. I look forward to hearing and hopefully making contacts with as many as I can.

God bless
73’s
Jeff Stone
Back to top Go down
RC Pilot

PostSubject: New member call sign request    New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 1:52 am

New member Hoosier Homie, Jeff saying hello again.
I submitted my new member introduction earlier today.

I would like to take this opportunity to make a request to receive a new Charlie Tango CB and Amateur Radio DX Group, Call Sign please.

At your convenience this would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to gathering information from the group.

Thank you.
God bless
73’s
Hoosier Homie
Jeff
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: New member call sign request (Issued)    New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 7:18 am

Hello Jeff welcome to the forum,

I very much enjoyed your introduction and am glad to hear you are now in good health.

I am delighted to allocate you 2-CT-166 may you have good luck with it.

Any attic antenna is going to be a compromise ideally they should be situated outside and in free space, however we have to work within what is able to be achieved. A dipole would be a very good antenna but depending on how you site it will almost certainly be directional and better for working skip than making local contacts due to being in a horizontal or inverted V configuration.

If you want to explore the subject pop a post in the antennas section and our members will be happy to advise you further.

Best 73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
RC Pilot

PostSubject: Re: New member call sign request (Issued)    New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 7:35 am

Gary,
Thank you so much for my acceptance to the group. Greatly appreciated. As well the quick assignment of the Charlie Tango call sign.
Your information in reference to my antenna situation is very helpful. I do have a little bit of good news in that regard. I was able to speak with our property manager in the late afternoon. After I had submitted my registration and introduction to the group.
He was willing to give me some outdoors mounting opportunity for an antenna. He said as long as it would not be of the tower type. Or mounted to a roof area. So that gives me a few more options. I’m now considering the use of A99 Omni directional antenna??? Any thoughts on this new situation would be very welcome.

I most definitely will be heading to the antenna area of the forum with this request as well. Thank you again for the kindness shown.
God bless.
73’s
Hoosier Homie
2-CT-166
Jeff
Back to top Go down
StevieG
Major contributor
Major contributor
StevieG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3239 , Jolly Roger 272, 26-TG-987 , 26-RB-060 , 26-CO-3239
Times Thanked : 120
QTH or Location : SW London
Equipment Used : Icom IC 7610, Stryker sr955hpc, Colt Excalibur SSB, President GrantII JacksonII McKinley EU, CRTSS6900N,CRTSS9900, KPO DX5000 Plus, Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2, Cobra 2000 GTL, Zetagi B550p, Bremi BRL200, RM KL200P, KL203P, KL703, Sirio 4000, Sirio 3000 Bull, Stryker SR-A10, Antron99 Fire up , Hawkins Thunderbolt SSD58+ , Sirio 827, Heil pro micro headset, KPO NM532-KPO NM452- Astatic 575M6 Astatic D104 Silver Eagle, Delta M2 , UR6QW 8 Band eq, Uniden and AOR scanner

PostSubject: Re: New member call sign request (Issued)    New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 7:41 am

Hi Jeff, welcome to the CTDX group
73s
Steve.
Back to top Go down
RC Pilot

PostSubject: Re: New member call sign request (Issued)    New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 8:02 am

Hello Steve,
Thank you very much for the welcome to the group. I appreciate that. Looking forward to meeting and getting to know the members. So grateful to have people willing to help a new person into the hobby.
Thank you.
God bless.
73’s
Hoosier Homie
2-CT-166
Jeff
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: New member call sign request (Issued)    New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 10:26 pm

Hello and welcome, Jeff.

73s John.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member call sign request (Issued)    New member call sign request (Issued) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member call sign request (Issued)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: New Member Introductions & Call Sign Applications-
Jump to: