Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» New callsing request
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeToday at 1:05 pm by Miliko

» SSTV v Contest Stations
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeToday at 10:59 am by MM0IMC

» hi, I am Indonesia cb ers. my callsign JZ10JEN ..I want have dx callsign..
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeToday at 7:29 am by iherup888

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeToday at 4:21 am by Sydthecat

» CT Call Sign Request - Accrington
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:40 pm by Tarot

» New call sign request (Issued)
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:13 pm by John123

» Greetings from Fife, New call sign request (Issued)
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:06 pm by John123

» Intruduction & call sign request (Issued)
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:05 pm by John123

» 11m conditions
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:50 pm by glenn dog

Keywords
ALINCO yaesu Mobile software meter 9900 supply sign Mckinley 2023 2022 power call Baofeng frequency display Sirio chart callsign list president ss9900 anytone 6900 antenna lincoln
QRZ Database

CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB

Go down 
+4
Pagan
John123
NUBSTER
Delboy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Delboy
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Delboy

Times Thanked : 5

radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Empty
PostSubject: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 1:39 pm

radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB CB-Radio-Anniversary-2020-800pixels

It's almost that time of year again.....

Victor, andy5555 and olduk77 like this post

Back to top Go down
Delboy
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Delboy

Times Thanked : 5

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 10:51 am

Tonight's the night!

JazzT likes this post

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 6:04 pm

Cheers, Del. I will be firing up the old Stalker 9fdx for this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 9:58 pm

Well had a bit of a shout,,, no body home Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Pagan
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Pagan

Call Sign : 26CT2069
Times Thanked : 22
QTH or Location : Pendle, Lancashire
Equipment Used : CRT-SS9900

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 10:06 pm

26cz455 wrote:
Well had a bit of a shout,,, no body home Crying or Very sad

Same here.....nothing heard on 275 after about 30 minutes listening. A few faint French & Spanish stations on T5 (including Mr "Hola, hola Coca-Cola" talking to himself as usual) but that was all I could hear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Trouble is the world stops at Watford Gap lol
Back to top Go down
Pagan
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Pagan

Call Sign : 26CT2069
Times Thanked : 22
QTH or Location : Pendle, Lancashire
Equipment Used : CRT-SS9900

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 10:12 pm

26cz455 wrote:
Trouble is the world stops at Watford Gap lol  

Very true....and I'm nearly 200 miles North of there :-(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 10:16 pm

Never mind mate,,, least you aint got the Black Country muppets on 19 to put up with,,,,,,, all of um 100watts to talk 1/2 mile broadband by the bucketful. they wipe me out on 3 bands.

Tom 26CZ455
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 10:23 pm

Nothing on those frequencies unfortunately.... Some good contacts made on mid-block, the UK40 and around the triple though.👍
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 10:31 pm

Hello John.

Tell me do you have any trouble hitting Brum, reason I ask is my daughter and son in law are in Sale and want to try Cb to chat with Mom, I have to be honest I have probs getting up north, just wondered what set up your using to make the trip, assuming you do make it..
Cheers
Tom 26CZ455
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 10:47 pm

Hello Tom,

I put my location down as Manchester as it is the closest city to my dx location. The reason being, I am a mobile station only. Where I go is roughly 15km from Manchester and over 500m asl. So, Birmingham is an easy contact for me, but I wouldn't use that as a guide for making contact into Sale. My home qth is actually Buxton in Derbyshire which is a black spot for radio, hence remaining mobile only.
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 6:37 am

No UK stations heard down my way unfortunately. Always been a bit sparse with local contacts anyway.

As John mentioned, loads of European stuff Smile

Usual Italian nonsense to start, (music/shouting over each other/silly roger beeps and echos!), but settled later. Belgium, Holland and Denmark rolling in later but no firm contacts made. At least one station in Antwerp got my CT callsign right but he verhemently stuck with FM mode and had trouble with a firm QSO.

All in all what most people would call a terrible night.....but I flipping enjoyed myself trying! Very Happy

Well worth the excuse to sit in front of my radio for a few hours.
(Successful or not, I still get a kick out of trying!)

Blue Thunder likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 7:49 am

Hi Martin,

Mid band did get hectic with Continentals for some time but I had no luck here so well done mate. Would've loved a few German contacts as so far I've found they're about the friendliest with CB contacts from the English.

What's with the French??!!?? Sent a recording of some French breakers responding to me to a friend who speaks French.....she told me I didn't really want to know what they were saying....apparently the most vulgar French language she's ever heard! Very Happy

Anyway, was fun working the radio for an evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 8:44 am

Hello Lads,

Oh the froggies,,,,,,,,,,,, What can I say, Theres an old saying that's fits quite well " Lets be French and selfish"............ What you need to do is speak in French to them ie, , Agent Court, Trafalgar, Waterloo. to name but a couple,,,,,,, Just to put a lighter note on it. I have French in laws and a Step brother who hasn't spoken to me since I sent him a video for Christmas,,,,, Henry V ,,,,, lol If im honest I do the same, I ignore them, cant stand the stench of garlic,,,,lol enough frog bashing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for now lol
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 9:17 am

Hiya Martin,

Yeah, know what you mean mate. I've tried a little bit of German language and as embarrassingly poor as my German is they're always thrilled that at least you've tried Very Happy
The E-skip has been fun for the last few weeks but I can't wait til we reach solar maximum for some proper CB DX. Here's hoping mother nature is kind enough to let me make it to the next few years! lol!

-----

Hi Tom,

I've had some good QSOs with the French back in the day but just recently I've had some rude breakers. I suppose some "bash" us as badly as some of us "bash" them, not a problem when it's a bit of banter. Nothing better than a good laugh Smile
I honestly couldn't care less who you are, if you're lucky to be sat on the end of a radio then it's all good Smile

-----

Well considering the event was a celebration of legal SSB/AM and I was hoping to for some UK contacts I think it worked out rather well. It did get us on our radio's giving it a bash on those modes and frequencies and I suppose that's what it's all about.
Might dig the Walkie out tonight and give the PMR Sunday event a bash Wink

All the best,
Victor

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 12:00 pm

I agree with you wholeheartedly Martin, we should be using these frequencies all year round! Smile

I know CB isn't as popular as it used to be, (thank heavens in some ways!), but there's plenty of new blood as well as us old gits still hanging in there and I was never fond of FM mode or our weird UK frequencies anyway.

Back in the day there used to be some good old night natters on the mid AM with nets stretching across a fair few counties, so it's easily do-able even by todays standards. AM was also good on the ears compared to SSB and you could hardly balls-up your modulation like you can with FM, (quiet audio back of the box or distorted to hell!)

Now I think about it, I second that motion, third it, fourth it.....! Very Happy

My weird PLT interference stretches from 27.5MHz to 27.8MHz but mid-block is clean as a whistle.

With that, I may monitor mids a bit more and maybe even give out some shouts on the old 14! Smile

Nicely said Martin.
All the best,
Victor

NUBSTER likes this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 1:23 pm

I agree with you, Martin. AM is a really good mode, especially for rag-chewing. It is much easier on the ears than fm, especially with the squelch left open. It would be great if it was used more often on mid-block.👍
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next