Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» hi, I am Indonesia cb ers. my callsign JZ10JEN ..I want have dx callsign..
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:29 am by iherup888

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 4:21 am by Sydthecat

» CT Call Sign Request - Accrington
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:40 pm by Tarot

» New call sign request (Issued)
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:13 pm by John123

» Greetings from Fife, New call sign request (Issued)
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:06 pm by John123

» Intruduction & call sign request (Issued)
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:05 pm by John123

» 11m conditions
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:50 pm by glenn dog

» HF Contacts 15m
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:42 am by SangueG

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 8:28 pm by Razz229

Keywords
Sirio list frequency supply 2022 sign power anytone display callsign Baofeng software 2023 lincoln 9900 6900 Mobile yaesu meter call Mckinley ALINCO antenna chart president ss9900
QRZ Database

CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB

Go down 
+4
Pagan
John123
NUBSTER
Delboy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 1:39 pm

I know what you mean about frying bacon. lol. On a positive note I have noticed an increase in UK stations using mid-block in this area since the lockdown. Hopefully when things return to normal people will keep using the radio.👍
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 1:51 pm

That's a handy bit of info Nubbie, thanky kindy. I couldn't agree more about the unused frequencies we have and the modes. However I do use the EU band 26.965-27.405.. I came to this by accident, I bought a small radio for the car so I could keep in touch with home only to find my local muppets weren't going to let that happen.. while playing with this rig id bought I found some info on tintanet that my little box had both UK and EU FM and AM..... So we tried it, was like making a phone call, no one down there, AM or FM. Her indoors now calls it the "Shopping Channel" lol cos most QSO are " Can you pick up some dog food" or "Don't want to cook pop in the chippy",,,, I know I know but at least it gets her involved. point being its a wide open band going begging..........

OH " 14 for a copy" lol those were the days..... I cant understand why so many seem to think they have to out shout each other on one channel and stay on it,,, you paid for 40 use um.
Ok im waffling now so ill shut up.
70thirds Tom
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Templar
Contributor
Contributor
Templar

Call Sign : 26-CT-3550 Ham:- M7DEW
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Huddersfield West Yorkshire. UK
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-450D. CRT SS 6900n. CRT Micron

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 4:22 pm

Nubster.
Thanks for posting the frequencies. You should ask an Admin to make them a sticky in a prominent place for all to find as this sort of information is very helpful for us.

Cheers
Dale
26-CT-3550
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 6:01 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
Thing is John we've been allowed to use the mid block on FM legally since the mid 90s when ofcom gave us the extra 40 channels to go with the 27/81 40channels and it's so surprising that a lot of people didn't realise it until they legalised AM /SSB on the mids saying they could use FM too ,back in the 90s I knew a lot of people in my area who use go on mids FM to get away from the Muppet channels then suddenly nobody ever use them anymore until recently like it was a new thing cos everyone started calling them the Euro channels but to me they was the original channels we used but on AM that came from the U.S called the FCC channels.

I remember them giving us mids on fm too, Martin. I think it might of even have been the late '80s. There were not many people on it around here, either. Most people stuck with the UK40. If I remember rightly, when they first gave us those extra channels, to stay legal, you had to have another radio, which put a lot of people off.

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 6:24 pm

I think you are right, Martin. It was definitely a con. I can remember me and a few others were annoyed about them legalising it at the time. We were still at school and didn't have much money, so were using old 40ch am sets that we picked up cheap. We had to stop using them when mids got legalised as a local breaker said he would report us for using am radios, when we should be on fm. 🙄
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 6:46 pm

You lads carry on, flipping great reading this stuff and it is after all 'celebration' of our beloved bands Wink

It's when conversation and discussion flows freely that goldmines of information come to the fore!

Love it Smile

NUBSTER, John123 and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 6:47 pm

Lol, Martin. It has gone quite away of topic.😁 I was actually using a Ham International MM2 at the time and was worried about getting caught/having it confiscated. It was a bit battered, but I loved it all the same as it was my first multi mode radio.
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 6:48 pm

Glad you are enjoying the thread, Victor.👍
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 6:54 pm

Ha, ha! Very Happy
I am John, love it when a thread flows freely.

NUBSTER, John123 and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
andy5555

Call Sign : ct2657
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : lincolnshire
Equipment Used : president lincoln

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 7:13 pm

CT2657 NOW ON 27.275 .WHO IS JOINING ME ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 7:18 pm

ill give it a shout, what mode
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 7:40 pm

Sorry Andy, just cant find you,,, 73s mate CZ455
Back to top Go down
andy5555

Call Sign : ct2657
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : lincolnshire
Equipment Used : president lincoln

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 9:13 pm

NO PROBLEM ..STILL PLENTY ON 27.555. DONE QUITE WELL TODAY 73S CT2657
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 10:19 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Images11 My very first 40ch AM radio back in 1976 I wish I still had this
radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Img_2010 my little set up now it's a old pic cos theres more stuff on the desk now

Nice am radio, Martin.👍 Tidy set-up.😎

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 10:22 pm

andy5555 wrote:
CT2657 NOW ON 27.275 .WHO IS JOINING ME ?

I was listening for you, Andy. Unfortunately there were a couple of very strong stations (+30 over) from 13 div rag chewing on fm.
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 10:26 pm

Some good contacts into Europe and some good ground-wave contacts all over the band tonight.👍
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 11:06 pm

It is definitely very difficult when the skip is running, Martin.

I noticed that on the am radio, Martin. The things we take for granted. 🙂
Back to top Go down
stephen Gunrunner
Major contributor
Major contributor
stephen Gunrunner

Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX.
Times Thanked : 10
QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Equipment Used : mobile 4000hp base A99 radio base magnum257hp mobile magnum 257 standed power

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 11:53 am

that's a shame I missed the day and felt bad, but at the end I missed nothing,
when people start and do lots to get the Anniversary and no one got on and the good breakers
go on and there is nothing, if only it was working the whole of the uk, lets hope its better in november
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB   radio - CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CB Radio Anniversary - 6 Years of Legal AM and SSB
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2