Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CB silver rod as multiband HF antenna?
president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:15 pm by karelgol

» 10 Metre Summer Challenge 2024
president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:26 pm by SangueG

» MAAS DP-27 dipole antenna tuning
president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:23 pm by madmax

» new call sign
president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:02 pm by JUMPER

» CT call sign request
president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:50 pm by Petesevern

» EU conditions have started
president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:41 am by babis3g

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:51 am by babis3g

» HF Contacts 15m
president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:44 am by Ivy Mike

» South Coast PMR net report
president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:12 am by Razz229

Keywords
power chart Mckinley call Sirio frequency 2023 Baofeng sign president 9900 callsign meter antenna supply yaesu software anytone ALINCO ss9900 2022 Mobile display lincoln list 6900
QRZ Database

Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Empty
PostSubject: Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig   president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2020 11:26 am

Had great fun in the car during Friday on the coast of Finland looking out toward Estonia / Latvia and Germany stations came in very strong, so on my Lord CB, pushing about 3,4 watts and a short twig got in to the German net, they were very happy to hear me pop up on the channel , driving around the coast for a few days, will see if i can get some more good contacts, great radio for the car, compact and with a retro look, have a crt mike cb27 in the same car with a cobra twig, that radio could not do the Germany copy, so bad reception,

Have Grant 2, later model, for usb skip but the wife gets a bit crazy with 3 rigs set up, and too many twigs on the roof, Wilson on the roof today, she is not happy , 

Glenn
56CT004
FINLAND        Very Happy

GaryWilson likes this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig   president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2020 12:18 pm

Hello Glenn,

Sounds like you are having some good fun.👍 well done on the contacts from your mobile set-up. You should get some good contacts on ssb from the Grant as well.

73s John.

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
Northern Crusader
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 35
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

PostSubject: Re: Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig   president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2020 5:27 pm

It was only a few weeks ago I was contacting Finnish stations from home here in the UK with 20W.

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig   president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 12:08 pm

Hello Conor,

Low power contacts are always very satisfying. At the peak of the last cycle I worked Perth on my old Superstar 360fm ( about 18w) and a Sirio 4000.👍

Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

PostSubject: Re: Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig   president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 4:25 am

Yes, very nice to get low power contact over the sea, 2001 i could get SE UK most days during Jan to  May,
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig   president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 12:47 pm

Hi Glenn,

Hopefully we will get some good conditions as we get closer to the peak of the next cycle.👍

Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

PostSubject: Re: Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig   president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 4:08 pm

Yes, will be great to get some good contacts on my DX list, lets see what happens, mean while i am ok here in Finland, AM is used a great deal, and ssb is good at weekends, and now i have the Finnish language to a level of about 90% i can chat with the locals, Take care over there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig   president - Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super star Lord and PRESIDENT MISSOURI Twig
Page 1 of 1