Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» MAAS DP-27 dipole antenna tuning
Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitimeToday at 6:23 pm by madmax

» new call sign
Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:02 pm by JUMPER

» CT call sign request
Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:50 pm by Petesevern

» EU conditions have started
Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitimeToday at 10:41 am by babis3g

» 10 Metre Summer Challenge 2024
Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitimeToday at 9:50 am by John H

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitimeToday at 8:51 am by babis3g

» HF Contacts 15m
Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitimeToday at 8:44 am by Ivy Mike

» South Coast PMR net report
Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitimeToday at 8:12 am by Razz229

» Help needed
Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitimeToday at 6:52 am by teapot

Keywords
meter Mckinley ss9900 2022 sign president chart power call 9900 list supply Mobile Baofeng display anytone yaesu software 6900 ALINCO lincoln 2023 frequency Sirio callsign antenna
QRZ Database

SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Empty
PostSubject: SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000   Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2020 10:24 pm

So I come home and find this bad boy has been delivered 

SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 & My SWR Meter.

Just waiting for my rig now. 
Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 F79b1e10
Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 96d8cb10
Back to top Go down
Northern Crusader
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 35
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

PostSubject: Re: SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000   Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2020 9:27 pm

Looks like a special edition of the Performer 5000 and a quick Google confirms that. It's one of the best performing antennas there is for mobile. 

Although the Sirio Magmount does a good job you may want to consider drilling a hole in the roof and using a fixed body mount or a Diamond K400 lip mount. One of the downsides of magmounts is forgetting it's on when you go to the Maccy D's drive-thru and hit the overheight barrier, the antenna topples over, falls off the side of the car and goes through a window  Laughing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000   Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 1:04 am

Northern Crusader wrote:
Looks like a special edition of the Performer 5000 and a quick Google confirms that. It's one of the best performing antennas there is for mobile. 

Although the Sirio Magmount does a good job you may want to consider drilling a hole in the roof and using a fixed body mount or a Diamond K400 lip mount. One of the downsides of magmounts is forgetting it's on when you go to the Maccy D's drive-thru and hit the overheight barrier, the antenna topples over, falls off the side of the car and goes through a window  Laughing.
Ha ha..... I wasn’t planning on driving around with it. It’s more of a park up, pull it out the car and plop it on the roof type of thing.

It’s like 6ft tall......
Back to top Go down
courtney

Call Sign : 26-CT-4007
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : London
Equipment Used : President Mckinley, President Grant 2, CRT SS9900

PostSubject: Re: SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000   Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 4:30 pm

How did you get on with the swr on the performer? I cant get lower than 1.4 on a mag mount?
Back to top Go down
Seasick
Contributor
Contributor
Seasick

Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Norfolk
Equipment Used : Uniden BCT 15X

PostSubject: Re: SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000   Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 5:50 pm

courtney wrote:
How did you get on with the swr on the performer? I cant get lower than 1.4 on a mag mount?

An SWR reading of 1:1.4 is good.  A short antenna will have a very low impedance,  so any SWR reading, other than a very high one,  on a short antenna is going to be the result of engineering not a real reading.

courtney likes this post

Back to top Go down
53 Prefect
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
53 Prefect

Call Sign : VA3XUK & G6ZGU
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Oro Medonte, Ontario
Equipment Used : Icom, Kenwood, Uniden, Stalker

PostSubject: Re: SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000   Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 9:32 pm

That SWR meter has to be one of the longest selling items in CB....  I can remember buying one as part of my clandestine kit back in 1980. Dove to the store in Enfield. It was packed in there. Just told them I wanted to buy a CB radio, and everything to start up. Guy says, what makes you think we sell CB Radios? I just laughed. Gave him 30 quid, he gave me a pre tuned antenna, one of those SWR meters, and I had to follow him in my car to a lockup! There he gave me a box with a Midland 3001 in it. Fun times!

And, thanks to you, I just remembered, out in my garage somewhere, there is a Wilson 1000 antenna. I must go retrieve it. Best 11m mobile antenna I ever had!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000   Sirio - SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SIRIO PERFORMER RED DEVIL FIGHTER P 5000
Page 1 of 1