Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» NATO 2000 Restoration
radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeToday at 8:56 am by SangueG

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeToday at 8:39 am by chazwozza

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:33 pm by Vasilis

» New Member (Issued)
radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:30 pm by Mr T

» Help needed
radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:28 pm by GaryWilson

» New member introduction. (Issued)
radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:19 pm by stealth 57

» Request for CT Callsign (Issued)
radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:11 pm by GaryWilson

» what was your first radio and antenna
radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:13 am by stealth 57

» Anytone 6667
radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 am by Razz229

Keywords
frequency chart 9900 president Mckinley 2022 2023 display anytone Sirio supply antenna yaesu Mobile Baofeng list sign call power ALINCO software lincoln ss9900 6900 meter callsign
QRZ Database

What HF home base setup are you using?

Go down 
+41
Onassis
ILikeRadioSoDoYou
A5H5ATAN1C
Ivy Mike
53 Prefect
Lance
Dave1949
Victor
Markone
Alan Pilot
RADIO MANIAC
Bandrunner
SAM WD40
Able 7
43CT016
S.e.a.n
Northern Crusader
John 68CT045
GI7ULG
AppleTree
Knig
GaryWilson
Reaper
Marlin.45
26CT867
The Old Hobbit
Pagan
G7JDH
Fred in the shed
Sgt Bilko
Radiomarko
stephen Gunrunner
Pacman
erik
Scan125
Matt86
Sydthecat
razor36
Toobad
Firetrap
Radio Pixie
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What HF home base setup are you using?   radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2023 7:36 am

Great radio shack you've got there Rich. radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 1f44d
(Much tidier than mine at the moment!)

Love the use of carpet providing protection for your radios as well as great for sound dampening.

Thanks for sharing. Smile

Nightprowler likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Nightprowler
Nightprowler

Call Sign : 163TM186...MW6ETW
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Abergavenny
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT757 GX2...Kenwood TS440S...Sirio GM

PostSubject: Re: What HF home base setup are you using?   radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2023 6:32 pm

Cheers Victor. My shack is a heavily converted shed. Very secure, insulated and quiet from the rest of the family  radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 1f600
Back to top Go down
43CT016
Major contributor
Major contributor
43CT016

Call Sign : 43-CT-016
Times Thanked : 22
QTH or Location : Perth
Equipment Used : iCom IC-7610/IC-9700/IC-705

PostSubject: Re: What HF home base setup are you using?   radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2023 9:29 am

Well, another year, another lot of Christmas holidays and time off work, so time to tidy/redo/upgrade the shack again!

Radios haven't changed this time, but most other things have, including all the PC's and all the wiring, and a new "grounding" arrangement in the garage that is just the other side of the shack wall...will get pics of that once finished.  For now, here's the inside pretty much all done.

radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Shack_10

I also acquired a 20/15/10m triband 3ele beam, so as soon as the wife goes away with her girlfriends, I'll get that built and up on the roof with the other half of the rotator hooked up too. Very Happy

Les-1, Victor, Ivy Mike and peewee norfolk like this post

Back to top Go down
Coyote
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 2-CT-216
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Palmdale California
Equipment Used : Base RCI 2950 Mirage, Mirage M75 Amatuer Bi-Linear Amplifier,with a Antron 99 base station antenna, Mobile radio Cobra 29 LTD Classic and Wilson 1000 Mag Mount Antenna, Marko F100 Amplifier.

PostSubject: HF rigs.    radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2024 5:17 am

Ranger 2950 Mirage.
Mirage M75 amp.
Antron 99 Antenna.radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 20230510

Victor and Nightprowler like this post

Back to top Go down
karelgol
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
karelgol

Call Sign : 19-CT-024 / PD0GOL
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Steenwijk, JO32bs
Equipment Used : Dynascan AT5555,Yaesu FT-897, W3EDP junior, MFJ-925

PostSubject: Re: What HF home base setup are you using?   radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2024 9:03 pm

Since last friday i own a Yaesu FT897 combined with an ATAS-120 antenna. Just set it up today, but due to slow registration of my exam results i still am not allowed to use it.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: What HF home base setup are you using?   radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 5:52 am

Hopefully you won't be waiting too long for your paperwork & licence Karel so soon be on the air. radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 1f44d 

I had a play with the FT897 a while back and was impressed with it. I hope it serves you well.

karelgol likes this post

Back to top Go down
Telstar
Telstar

Call Sign : 26-CT-3520. Foundation & Intermediate Ham
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Telford, Shropshire
Equipment Used : Uniden 200. SS6900N, Yaesu FT8900, Alinco DX77E, Alinco DX70

PostSubject: Re: What HF home base setup are you using?   radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 1:03 pm

karelgol wrote:
Since last friday i own a Yaesu FT897 combined with an ATAS-120 antenna. Just set it up today, but due to slow registration of my exam results i still am not allowed to use it.
You can use it in Receive mode only, keep that itchy finger away from the mike tranmit key Wink

karelgol likes this post

Back to top Go down
43CT016
Major contributor
Major contributor
43CT016

Call Sign : 43-CT-016
Times Thanked : 22
QTH or Location : Perth
Equipment Used : iCom IC-7610/IC-9700/IC-705

PostSubject: Re: What HF home base setup are you using?   radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 12:33 am

Telstar wrote:
karelgol wrote:
You can use it in Receive mode only, keep that itchy finger away from the mike tranmit key Wink

Well, as long as he doesn’t tune the ATAS via the radio, as then it will TX.

karelgol likes this post

Back to top Go down
karelgol
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
karelgol

Call Sign : 19-CT-024 / PD0GOL
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Steenwijk, JO32bs
Equipment Used : Dynascan AT5555,Yaesu FT-897, W3EDP junior, MFJ-925

PostSubject: Re: What HF home base setup are you using?   radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 12:41 pm

As you might have read, i recently put up a W3EDP antenna. Except for the handheld, this is what it feeds:

The Yaesu FT-897D for HF and a Dynascan AT5555 for CB through a MFJ
-925 tuner. The Quansheng handheld i use for 2m and 70cm through a repeater nearby.
Tradio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 20240314

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: What HF home base setup are you using?   radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 4:32 pm

Little slice of radio heaven right there Karel! radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 1f44d 

Very well done to you with all your efforts in setting up your station including passing your exam and building your own antenna system. Awesome stuff. Smile

Hope to catch you on the bands one day.

(Better get a shift on with my own station and this active loop I'm building!)

karelgol likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What HF home base setup are you using?   radio - What HF home base setup are you using? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What HF home base setup are you using?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4