Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
RSGB Patron, SK Icon_minitimeToday at 9:45 pm by John H

» 11m conditions
RSGB Patron, SK Icon_minitimeToday at 8:35 pm by SangueG

» Hello everyone
RSGB Patron, SK Icon_minitimeToday at 8:17 pm by M0TEC

» Hello Everyone New Here & Looking for a Call Sign
RSGB Patron, SK Icon_minitimeToday at 6:33 pm by stealth 57

» I moved to new city (Actioned)
RSGB Patron, SK Icon_minitimeToday at 12:39 pm by Dutchie19

» Call sign request
RSGB Patron, SK Icon_minitimeToday at 12:18 pm by John123

» RE:TC call sign
RSGB Patron, SK Icon_minitimeToday at 12:12 pm by John123

» South Coast PMR net report
RSGB Patron, SK Icon_minitimeToday at 9:23 am by Razz229

» Callsign request for division 45 (Issued)
RSGB Patron, SK Icon_minitimeToday at 12:53 am by stalker

Keywords
software 6900 frequency meter president 9900 sign chart Mobile 2023 supply Sirio Mckinley anytone antenna power ALINCO yaesu list 2022 callsign display Baofeng ss9900 call lincoln
QRZ Database

RSGB Patron, SK

Go down 
AuthorMessage

RSGB Patron, SK Empty
PostSubject: RSGB Patron, SK   RSGB Patron, SK Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 11:55 pm

It is with great sadness that we heard that the Radio Society of Great Britain's patron His Royal Highness, The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, KG, KT, died on Friday, 9 April 2021.
He had been the RSGB’s patron since 1952 and joined the Society on several occasions. These included special event stations, anniversary events and exhibitions.
In 1988, he attended the 75th Anniversary Convention at the NEC. After touring the display of amateur equipment through the ages he exchanged a short greetings message with Windsor Castle. His opening address was included in a special edition of GB2RS that was carried live from the NEC.
The Duke of Edinburgh’s continuing commitment to help young people to develop new skills was demonstrated through the message he sent on the occasion of YOTA 2017:
“I am delighted to have this opportunity to welcome everyone who is participating in The Radio Society of Great Britain’s youth event ‘Youngsters on the Air 2017’. The skills involved in amateur radio are a valuable foundation for careers in science, technology, engineering and maths. I hope that all those taking part in this event will gain valuable experience for their chosen career. I wish all participants a very enjoyable week, and trust that the friendships formed will last long after the conclusion of the camp.”
Our thoughts are with Her Majesty The Queen and the whole royal family at this sad time.
RSGB President Dave Wilson, M0OBW
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

RSGB Patron, SK Empty
PostSubject: Re: RSGB Patron, SK   RSGB Patron, SK Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2021 6:51 am

Sorry to say but i didn't like him at all.
Fred Perry put his name on tee shirts but didn't do anything to help me play tennis.(think about that one)
The slagging me off to follow ????.
Or am i not alone.
Back to top Go down

RSGB Patron, SK Empty
PostSubject: Re: RSGB Patron, SK   RSGB Patron, SK Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2021 10:01 am

RSGB Patron passed away peacefully Friday morning
The patron of the Radio Society of Great Britain (RSGB) His Royal Highness, The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, KG, KT, passed away on April 9, aged 99

He had been the RSGB’s patron since 1952 and joined the Society on several occasions. These included special event stations, anniversary events and exhibitions.

Read the RSGB statement at
https://rsgb.org/main/blog/news/rsgb-notices/2021/04/09/rsgb-patron-sk/

The RSGB General Manager Steve Thomas M1ACB tweeted:
"I was delighted to be at YOTA2017 when we received our Patron's message of encouragement to the young people there. It was a privilege for @theRSGB to have his support for so many years"
https://twitter.com/m1acb/status/1380497047216926721

In 2002 an amateur radio station GB50 was established in Windsor Castle to celebrate Her Majesty's Golden Jubilee. HRH Prince Philip visited the station and associated exhibits which included a video of an amateur radio contact between young women at Harrogate Ladies' College and the International Space Station. Some of the students, members of the College's amateur radio society, had travelled to Windsor to be introduced to Prince Philip and told him about their contact with the space station. Read a report on GB50 at
https://icomuk.co.uk/GB50-Amateur-Radio-Celebrating-the-Queens-Golden-Jubilee/2/928/

The Duke of Edinburgh was born Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark on June 10, 1921, to Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark and Princess Alice of Battenberg on the Greek Island of Corfu in the family’s villa, see
https://greekcitytimes.com/2021/04/09/prince-philip-has-passed-away/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RSGB Patron, SK Empty
PostSubject: Re: RSGB Patron, SK   RSGB Patron, SK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RSGB Patron, SK
Page 1 of 1