Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Thunderpole Galaxy 5/8 antenna now operational
low pass filters Icon_minitimeToday at 10:27 pm by GaryWilson

» CT CALLSIGN APPLICATION (Issued)
low pass filters Icon_minitimeToday at 7:44 pm by GaryWilson

» New callsing request (Issued)
low pass filters Icon_minitimeToday at 7:38 pm by GaryWilson

» hi, I am Indonesia cb ers. my callsign JZ10JEN ..I want have dx callsign.. (Issued)
low pass filters Icon_minitimeToday at 6:43 pm by GaryWilson

» CT Call Sign Request - Accrington (Issued)
low pass filters Icon_minitimeToday at 10:41 am by John123

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
low pass filters Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:11 pm by John H

» New call sign request (Issued)
low pass filters Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:00 pm by spod

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
low pass filters Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 pm by Nightprowler

» EU conditions have started
low pass filters Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:18 pm by babis3g

Keywords
supply frequency 9900 display meter 6900 call callsign 2023 Sirio president ALINCO chart antenna lincoln Mckinley software power 2022 Mobile ss9900 yaesu Baofeng sign anytone list
QRZ Database

low pass filters

Go down 
+2
Alan Pilot
rabbi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rabbi
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : m3kbd/2e0kbd/m0kbd
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : stockton on tees
Equipment Used : kenwood ts 2000x ascom 70mhz icom vlf/hf/uhf receivers multiband antennas

low pass filters Empty
PostSubject: low pass filters   low pass filters Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 1:45 pm

hi i allways have several low pass filters for hf kenwood type there apear on ebay there cost about 15-20 pound  the only rfi has been this lap top noisy audio when on 50mhz one ferite ring i colected the old ferite cores of the back of tv tubes there are lots of help on ham sites if you are not putting out tvi/rfi dont worry unless you interfear with your next doors tv leave well alone if you have interferece on your own gear again there are lots of info on the web good luck stay safe do radio 73s paul m0kbd Cool

Alan - Mirror Man likes this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

low pass filters Empty
PostSubject: Re: low pass filters   low pass filters Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 8:32 pm

.,'

rabbi and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
Tristar
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Tristar

Call Sign : 26-CT-3771
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Weston-super-Mare
Equipment Used : CRT Millennium 3v hand sets, President Barry2

low pass filters Empty
PostSubject: Re: low pass filters   low pass filters Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 8:51 am

Hi 👋
As you can see from my post on low pass filters I decided to put one on regardless of whether or not I know about interference. I know I don’t in my own home but I’m certainly not going to knock on doors and ask if there’s any problems in other peoples electronics because they will blame me for it even if it’s not me.
Answer. Just put one on!
They are relatively inexpensive and hardly effects your power output so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
If cb radio manufacturers would put it in the box instead of saving every penny for profit it would be a done deal!

rabbi, glenn dog, Alan - Mirror Man and A5H5ATAN1C like this post

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Tristar
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Tristar

Call Sign : 26-CT-3771
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Weston-super-Mare
Equipment Used : CRT Millennium 3v hand sets, President Barry2

low pass filters Empty
PostSubject: Re: low pass filters   low pass filters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 9:06 am

A5H5ATAN1C wrote:
If the CB manufacturers hadn't been greedy exploiters who corner cut to the nth degree, external LPF's would have been added piece of mind as usually the case.

Mind you, some later Chinese gear and not just export and legit CB gear, had questionable LPF's internally anyhow.
Hi 👋 
But also remember that CB radio was a mobile radio system that was primarily used in cars and trucks. They shouldn’t need the filters. 
 As far as I’m aware there’s no new Homebase sets with decent filter systems built in so it’s just a case of taking responsibility and doing it. 
It would cost more than £30 added to your new cb radio if it was built in anyway. 🤷

rabbi, glenn dog, Alan Pilot and Tristar like this post

Back to top Go down

low pass filters Empty
PostSubject: Re: low pass filters   low pass filters Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 10:27 am

rabbi wrote:
hi i allways have several low pass filters for hf kenwood type there apear on ebay there cost about 15-20 pound  the only rfi has been this lap top noisy audio when on 50mhz one ferite ring i colected the old ferite cores of the back of tv tubes there are lots of help on ham sites if you are not putting out tvi/rfi dont worry unless you interfear with your next doors tv leave well alone if you have interferece on your own gear again there are lots of info on the web good luck stay safe do radio 73s paul m0kbd Cool

Got to say Paul, I have always used LPF's and as you say either Kenwood or Comet, even and especially in the "Old days"

Just coming back to 11m after so long, realised I need one as I TX'd on 26MHz yesterday to test tuning on the long wire and got RF in the shack bad enough to start my paper shredder up Embarassed 
So I think I will be looking for an LPF before utilising all 3 bands on the SS9900, may actually look for the Zetagi TVI Filter just to be fashionable Laughing
Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

low pass filters Empty
PostSubject: Re: low pass filters   low pass filters Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 1:44 pm

BAREFOOT wrote:
rabbi wrote:

Got to say Paul, I have always used LPF's and as you say either Kenwood or Comet, even and especially in the "Old days"

Just coming back to 11m after so long, realised I need one as I TX'd on 26MHz yesterday to test tuning on the long wire and got RF in the shack bad enough to start my paper shredder up Embarassed 
So I think I will be looking for an LPF before utilising all 3 bands on the SS9900, may actually look for the Zetagi TVI Filter just to be fashionable Laughing
Wouldn't an RF choke help with issue better than a TVI LPF? I thought a TVI filter just suppressed transmitted harmonics, not RF coming back into the shack, or can some do both?

rabbi and Rjbingham like this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI

low pass filters Empty
PostSubject: Re: low pass filters   low pass filters Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 4:26 pm

Hi Neal, I seem to remember, that LPF and TVI filters are similar, they are there to reduce or eliminate interference from your TX to other electrical items usually close by. I could save money by attaching a clamp on Ferrite to the power lead of my Shredder??

But You may also have reminded this old sea dog that an RF Choke close to feedpoint of Antenna might also prevent RF coming back down the Braid!! Idea

Thanks Neal, will dig out some Plastic pipe to wrap the coax round it, 

cheers Tony
Back to top Go down

low pass filters Empty
PostSubject: Re: low pass filters   low pass filters Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 5:46 pm

BEARFFOOT I did exactly the same thing to make a common more choke by wrapping the coax 5 times around a 110 mm waste pipe coupling with has a raised edge and is the perfect width for those 5 turns of RG 213,just 4 cable ties to hold everything tight and into position.I think it helps.Plus every cable and lead has a clip on ferrite ring (The clam type)£10 for an assortment of 20 different sizes.The low pass filter I’ve used one of those too from RM Italy mainly to stop reflection back from the antenna on 2nd harmonics.I don’t claim to be an expert there are far more experienced and knowable members on this forum,but from what I gathered on here by just asking it had certainly helped with any QRM.Apart from the odd occasion where it might spike for a while I’ve normally just got an S3-S4 at worst.And breath sorry for the long winded story..😘
Cheers Tom.
26 CT 4029
BAREFOOT wrote:
Hi Neal, I seem to remember, that LPF and TVI filters are similar, they are there to reduce or eliminate interference from your TX to other electrical items usually close by. I could save money by attaching a clamp on Ferrite to the power lead of my Shredder??

But You may also have reminded this old sea dog that an RF Choke close to feedpoint of Antenna might also prevent RF coming back down the Braid!! Idea

Thanks Neal, will dig out some Plastic pipe to wrap the coax round it, 

cheers Tony
Back to top Go down

low pass filters Empty
PostSubject: Re: low pass filters   low pass filters Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 5:47 pm

Sorry that was the wrong emoji that ones for the missus
Tom.(what an idiot)
Back to top Go down
aleksandar
Contributor
Contributor
aleksandar

Call Sign : 45CT001
Times Thanked : 9
QTH or Location : Kikinda
Equipment Used : crt ss6900n, ss3900black, roadstar rm 550

low pass filters Empty
PostSubject: my Choke Balun 1:1 27MHz   low pass filters Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 9:48 pm

all examples that can be found are done with a diameter of 10.8 cm 5 wraps this time I made with rg213  on a diameter of 7.5 cm. since the number of wraps is not so important because induction depends more on the length of the wire (in this case, the length of the coaxile cable) 10.8 x3. 14 = 33.912 x5 = 169.56 cm according to the formula, the cable length that would be resonant for 27 MHz is 169.56 cm
low pass filters 17383410
low pass filters 17367010
low pass filters 17205710
low pass filters 17448510

rabbi, Victor, Alan Pilot and Tristar like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

low pass filters Empty
PostSubject: Re: low pass filters   low pass filters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

low pass filters
Page 1 of 1