Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CAll Sign for division 26
Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:19 pm by John123

» Callsign request for division 45
Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:11 pm by John123

» EU conditions have started
Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:22 pm by babis3g

» Where can i get QSL cards??
Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:52 am by GaryWilson

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2024 7:42 pm by John H

» New Callsign Request (Issued)
Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 5:32 pm by Maxander

» New callsing request (Issued)
Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 9:28 am by Miliko

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 12:55 am by Razz229

» New member - vintage rigs in use?
Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2024 6:18 pm by andy pi

Keywords
Sirio list lincoln president call yaesu supply meter Baofeng ALINCO 2023 sign anytone 6900 software 2022 frequency chart callsign power display antenna Mobile 9900 ss9900 Mckinley
QRZ Database

Frequencies we can use

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ginge89

Call Sign : 26-CT-4190
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Langport, somerset
Equipment Used : Baofeng uv-5r+plus

Frequencies we can use  Empty
PostSubject: Frequencies we can use    Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2021 9:12 pm

Just wanted to no what frequency we are allowed to use with our call signs I.e are we restricted to certain frequencies
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Frequencies we can use    Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 12:30 am

Hello Richard,

You can use your Charlie Tango call-sign on 26/27mhz (11m) and on the pmr band (446mhz).👍

Any other frequencies require you to be a licensed ham radio operator, where you would use an official call-sign.

Victor, Alan - Mirror Man and Ginge89 like this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: Frequencies we can use    Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 12:52 am

Just incase you are unaware, Richard, with regards to 26/27mhz. In th UK it is only legal to transmit between 26.965-27.405mhz (you can use am/fm/ssb there) and 27.60125-27.99125 (fm only).

Having said that, OFCOM are not really bothered about people transmitting 'out of band' and many or our members do, but you do need to be aware that it is illegal.

Victor, Alan - Mirror Man and Ginge89 like this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Frequencies we can use    Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 6:55 am

As said OFCOM don't bother so fill your boots m8 on 26 to 27.999MHz any mode.

John123, David.gwynfa and Ginge89 like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Frequencies we can use    Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 10:04 am

Nice info for you there Richard.

I see you have a Baofeng listed on your equipment so it may be worth listening/shouting out on the 8@8, Sundays 8pm, PMR channel 8. You never know, there may be interest or a Net near you. Frequencies we can use  1f44d

The world opens a bit though with a CB radio capable of Sideband. Smile

John123, Alan - Mirror Man and Ginge89 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Ginge89

PostSubject: Re: Frequencies we can use    Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 2:20 pm

Thanks for all the info guys I'm just gonna make sure I get the right thing say I was on 430.062
Could I use my call sign on that one

Alan - Mirror Man likes this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Frequencies we can use    Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 2:23 pm

Ginge89 wrote:
Thanks for all the info guys I'm just gonna make sure I get the right thing say I was on 430.062
If you are a licenced Ham you could use that frequency with your Ham call not your CT call sign.

Back to top Go down
Ginge89

PostSubject: Re: Frequencies we can use    Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 4:47 pm

John123 wrote:
Hello Richard,

You can use your Charlie Tango call-sign on 26/27mhz  (11m) and on the pmr band (446mhz).👍

Any other frequencies require you to be a licensed ham radio operator, where you would use an official call-sign.
What frequency is the 26/27 mhz ie 459.765 that's just random numbers but just in that format

Alan - Mirror Man and Ginge89 like this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Frequencies we can use    Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 6:02 pm

26.000MHz to 27.999MHz

Alan Pilot and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
Ginge89

PostSubject: Re: Frequencies we can use    Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 6:52 pm

Alan Pilot wrote:
26.000MHz to 27.999MHz
Thank you.. think gonna have to get a different radio camt get that on mine 🤦🏼‍�
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Frequencies we can use    Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 7:15 pm

There is PMR at 440???? have to look that mode up.

Last edited by Alan Pilot on Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: Frequencies we can use    Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 12:44 am

Hello Richard,

You will beable to access the pmr band (446mhz) on your Baofeng, which is part of the uhf range. To access the 26/27mhz band, which is on the hf range, you will need another radio and antenna system.

The 26/27mhz is basically the original cb radio frequency allocation, that is used the world over. If you go onto 'Knights Electrocom's' website you will see the sort of equipment you need to get started.

Victor and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Frequencies we can use    Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 7:24 am

Hi Richard,

I have a bit of a feeling that all of this radio malarkey is absolutely new to you?
(Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Don't worry if it is, we all have to start somewhere but there is a huge amount of information available on the internet as well as helpful people here. It may be worth doing a bit of research on the internet as many of your questions have easily found answers.

For PMR frequencies take a look here :-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PMR446

The frequencies that you can access legally on your Baofeng are listed in the analogue section and there are sixteen channels. 

Be aware that technically you are using an 'illegal' radio on those frequencies due to power output and antenna connection of the Baofeng but that said many people use them without undue worry especially if they are causing no nuisance to other users. (Remember that this is Public Mobile Radio service available to all, for example channel 1 is mainly used for children's walkie-talkies and/or parental baby monitors.)

That said many people use these frequencies for leisurely pursuits usually due to the short range but much longer ranges can be achieved, (100 miles plus!), by DX enthusiasts with appropriate knowledge.

CB radio at 27MHz is where unlicenced radio becomes maybe more exciting with more opportunities of contact especially DX or long distance contacts. You will as mentioned require a radio capable of those frequencies as well as an appropriate antenna system. (Not forgetting a suitable power source, coax & connectors etc.) It can become a bit more expensive than a simple Baofeng though. Wink

You can access all these frequencies freely whether you have a Charlie Tango callsign or not, but the callsign does help especially when you consider the helpful community associated with it. Charlie Tango is much more than just a simple callsign. Frequencies we can use  1f44d 

Radio can be a simple leisurely pursuit, a good pastime or a serious hobby which consumes time and money. The choices and explorations are yours to make and can often become a lifetimes interest.

Oh, and don't forget.....you could always take your Radio Amateur exam and gain a licence that suddenly makes your humble Baofeng a much more interesting radio with legal access to the 2m and 70cm bands. Surprisingly much cheaper than the CB option can be initially at less than £30 for an exam and a host of free online training options. But once licenced you'll have a host of bands, frequencies and modes available to you which of course will mean more radios.....and more antennas....more coax....see where I'm going? Wink

Anyway, I hope that is of some help, it is given in the spirit of such.

Enjoy the world of radio no matter where it takes you.

All the best,
Victor

John123, GaryWilson, Hitman27, Alan - Mirror Man, Markone, awake1 and Andrew headbanger like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Northern Crusader
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 35
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

PostSubject: Re: Frequencies we can use    Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 5:57 pm

Ginge89 wrote:

DO NOT USE ANY FREQUENCY BETWEEN 430.000 and 440.000. That's the 70cm amateur radio band, only to be used if you get your ham licence. It's easy enough to pass the foundation licence for amateur radio which gives you low power access to loads of frequencies (using the callsign OFCOM give you not the CT one) and you can do it all online so I'd say give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frequencies we can use    Frequencies we can use  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frequencies we can use
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: