Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CAll Sign for division 26
Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:19 pm by John123

» Callsign request for division 45
Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:11 pm by John123

» EU conditions have started
Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:22 pm by babis3g

» Where can i get QSL cards??
Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:52 am by GaryWilson

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2024 7:42 pm by John H

» New Callsign Request (Issued)
Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 5:32 pm by Maxander

» New callsing request (Issued)
Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 9:28 am by Miliko

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 12:55 am by Razz229

» New member - vintage rigs in use?
Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2024 6:18 pm by andy pi

Keywords
sign list ALINCO yaesu call Mobile lincoln 2023 power Mckinley 6900 display Sirio supply meter president Baofeng callsign software chart ss9900 2022 anytone antenna frequency 9900
QRZ Database

Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Empty
PostSubject: Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info   Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 12:36 pm

Hi all, been looking at these on the "Big A" reasonably cost IMHO, I like any radio that has the "old Style Analogue Meter" on them, its design reminds me of the 80's radios with shiny chrome fronts.

Its AM only but would be perfect if you use Mid CH14 AM?

looking on Youtube the reviews look pleasing?

any info from the members??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info   Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2021 4:10 pm

I take it no-one has looked at these, I am now considering it for my Mobile use, seen as it will do CEPT, especially as the local farmers use CEPT AM round here, may order this at the end of the month.?
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info   Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2021 4:26 pm

Hi Tony
Just had a quick look at on Azzzon.
Looks nice but a lot of money for a 40 channel AM radio.
They like it in Canada.
Have you looked on the bay as you see many old am/fm radios for not a lot.
It's when you get into ssb the prices go silly for old school stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info   Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2021 4:45 pm

Alan Pilot wrote:
Hi Tony
Just had a quick look at on Azzzon.
Looks nice but a lot of money for a 40 channel AM radio.
They like it in Canada.
Have you looked on the bay as you see many old am/fm radios for not a lot.
It's when you get into ssb the prices go silly for old school stuff.
Hi Alan, I think its not too bad a price, great, especially as it has an Analogue Meter, as for the Bay, they are mainly sold as spares and repairs, and I don't have the ability to repair or test / tune up? nice shiny and new looks good on this one. I think its just me trying to reminisce the old days with the old style meter. as for ssb, yes the bay are crazy prices for used ones. I can put the 9900 in the car if wanted 3 bands and ssb, just humming and aaring  Smile
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info   Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2021 4:48 pm

Hi Tony,

They are nice looking radios, (just took a shifty online), and very reminiscent of the late 70's early 80's gear including the internals! Wink
(Bound to last as long as the original old models have done so far.)

But, they are priced a bit too close to other offerings that give so much more frequency/power/spec wise so maybe why not as popular(?)

I suppose the saving grace is as you say the amount of AM users in your area and those with a multimode can always accommodate you by switching their rigs to AM mode. Got to admit I do like the 'retro' stuff and I love the old AM modes but I'd hmmm a bit about the prices.

Ultimately up to you mate but if a radio makes you 'happy' then it's really worth its weight in gold. Smile  Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info 1f44d
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC

PostSubject: Re: Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info   Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2021 5:05 pm

Victor wrote:
Hi Tony,

But, they are priced a bit too close to other offerings that give so much more frequency/power/spec wise so maybe why not as popular(?)

Hi Victor, yes as you say, the other one I was looking at was the President Richard, which can be modded to 3 bands and has a power output of 50 PEP? plus an analogue meter. 

Im also umming and aaarring as Ive just got an FT857D just this week, so funds are low till end of month as usual Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info   Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2021 7:13 pm

Victor wrote:
Hi Tony,
Hi Victor, do you know of any SSB new models with an analogue meter??
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info   Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2021 9:56 pm

There used to be a few models available Tony but all seem to have been out of stock or discontinued for a while now. Shame as they were nice looking 'retro' style radios such as the SS3900 which was identical to the old Cobra 148GTL.

Might be worth a hunt about if anyone has some new/old stock left, (doubtful now with the lockdown CB revival last year), or just keep an ear to the ground. If I come across anything I'll let you know mate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC

PostSubject: Re: Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info   Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2021 11:02 pm

Thanks Victor, yes I am aware there are the likes of the Jackson 2, but its black facia not Chrome like the old Cobra or SS3900, used ones are highly priced and not certain they are working properly. will continue to have a look, cheers Tony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info   Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uniden PC78LTX anyone got one or have info
Page 1 of 1