Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Hello everyone
T2lt configuration options.... Icon_minitimeToday at 6:34 pm by stealth 57

» Hello Everyone New Here & Looking for a Call Sign
T2lt configuration options.... Icon_minitimeToday at 6:33 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
T2lt configuration options.... Icon_minitimeToday at 4:44 pm by SangueG

» I moved to new city (Actioned)
T2lt configuration options.... Icon_minitimeToday at 12:39 pm by Dutchie19

» Call sign request
T2lt configuration options.... Icon_minitimeToday at 12:18 pm by John123

» RE:TC call sign
T2lt configuration options.... Icon_minitimeToday at 12:12 pm by John123

» South Coast PMR net report
T2lt configuration options.... Icon_minitimeToday at 9:23 am by Razz229

» Callsign request for division 45 (Issued)
T2lt configuration options.... Icon_minitimeToday at 12:53 am by stalker

» CAll Sign for division 26 (Issued)
T2lt configuration options.... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:15 pm by Rizzer100

Keywords
2022 9900 frequency supply Mobile Mckinley ALINCO yaesu anytone lincoln sign 2023 6900 callsign power meter software chart president display ss9900 list call Baofeng Sirio antenna
QRZ Database

T2lt configuration options....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheReverend
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3921 / M7GDA
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Lambourn
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900, CRT ONE N, CRT Electro, UV-5r, B550p, HP-202, Sirio 4000, T2lT, Sharmans X-50, Diamond A430....and many bits of wire.

T2lt configuration options.... Empty
PostSubject: T2lt configuration options....   T2lt configuration options.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 12:26 am

Hi all, I've been thinking about how I can make my first CTX activation and found lots of useful info on radios/power supplies.  However, I think my biggest challenge will be the antenna.....I use a Sirio mag-mount for static mobile, which I've used to great effect, but I also have a T2lt which I've only used a few times on a 10m pole at my previous home QTH.  For any CTX activation I'll be slinging all the radio gear into a rucksack, so I'm looking to save weight.....as such, I'm wondering if/how the T2lt can be used other than on a vertical 10m pole?  Cheers chaps, Simon.
Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: T2lt configuration options....   T2lt configuration options.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 7:52 am

I have found the T2LT works well for skip almost any way it's mounted.. vertical, horizontal, diagonal or bent in the middle in an inverted V. But I guess for a CTX activation you'll be talking to more UK based people ground wave / line of sight and probably will want to get it vertical as that's what most others will be using.

If you're lucky to have a tree at your chosen spot you could string it up vertically from a branch maybe. Otherwise there are cheap lightweight poles out there you could try. I have a 8m SmartBreeze pole that collapses to about 1m which I ratchet strap to fence posts. It's light enough hold walking with or can be bungy strapped to backpack.

Good luck if you get out to activate soon. I think most would probably choose Summer months Laughing

glenn dog, Victor, Tristar and TheReverend like this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
TheReverend
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3921 / M7GDA
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Lambourn
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900, CRT ONE N, CRT Electro, UV-5r, B550p, HP-202, Sirio 4000, T2lT, Sharmans X-50, Diamond A430....and many bits of wire.

PostSubject: Re: T2lt configuration options....   T2lt configuration options.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 6:05 pm

SangueG wrote:
I have found the T2LT works well for skip almost any way it's mounted.. vertical, horizontal, diagonal or bent in the middle in an inverted V. But I guess for a CTX activation you'll be talking to more UK based people ground wave / line of sight and probably will want to get it vertical as that's what most others will be using.

If you're lucky to have a tree at your chosen spot you could string it up vertically from a branch maybe. Otherwise there are cheap lightweight poles out there you could try. I have a 8m SmartBreeze pole that collapses to about 1m which I ratchet strap to fence posts. It's light enough hold walking with or can be bungy strapped to backpack.

Good luck if you get out to activate soon. I think most would probably choose Summer months Laughing
Thanks bud....sensible and logical advice...I think I might have to bite the bullet and take my 10m pole with me!

Tristar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T2lt configuration options....   T2lt configuration options.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T2lt configuration options....
Page 1 of 1