Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CAll Sign for division 26
County-Comm GP7 - SSB  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:19 pm by John123

» Callsign request for division 45
County-Comm GP7 - SSB  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:11 pm by John123

» EU conditions have started
County-Comm GP7 - SSB  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:22 pm by babis3g

» Where can i get QSL cards??
County-Comm GP7 - SSB  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:52 am by GaryWilson

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
County-Comm GP7 - SSB  Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2024 7:42 pm by John H

» New Callsign Request (Issued)
County-Comm GP7 - SSB  Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 5:32 pm by Maxander

» New callsing request (Issued)
County-Comm GP7 - SSB  Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 9:28 am by Miliko

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
County-Comm GP7 - SSB  Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 12:55 am by Razz229

» New member - vintage rigs in use?
County-Comm GP7 - SSB  Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2024 6:18 pm by andy pi

Keywords
yaesu software Sirio Mckinley callsign call meter anytone sign 9900 display 2023 lincoln Baofeng 6900 2022 frequency supply president antenna list chart ALINCO Mobile ss9900 power
QRZ Database

County-Comm GP7 - SSB

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hippy Carpa

Call Sign : 26-CT-4819
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Redditch
Equipment Used : CRT SS 9900 ,SIRIO PERFORMER 5000PL

County-Comm GP7 - SSB  Empty
PostSubject: County-Comm GP7 - SSB    County-Comm GP7 - SSB  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2022 8:30 pm

Hi learned forum , 
The County-comms GP7 , looks like a rather good unit , from a prepper point of you it looks very useful , covers many bands , appears farily easy to use and affordable, does anyone use this unit in the UK ? Is it any good ? Do we need a license ? Can anyone offer any advice or info ? 
Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: County-Comm GP7 - SSB    County-Comm GP7 - SSB  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2022 6:38 am

Sorry can't help much but you don't need a license for that it's just a receive radio.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: County-Comm GP7 - SSB    County-Comm GP7 - SSB  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2022 6:43 am

You don't need a licence to receive radio transmissions, (excluding the continued saga of 'BBC' television programming), so long as they are for general reception such as public broadcast or hobby activities such as CB, Ham radio, weather satellite etc. The only offence described under the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006 in the UK is 'radio interception' or receiving transmissions that weren't designated for you such as emergency services, private communications, etc. but there are also caveats such as receiving 'pirate' radio transmissions. 

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/interference-enforcement/spectrum-offences/radio-interception

How would anyone know you were receiving such communications? They wouldn't unless of course you divulge such information to third parties which is covered in the 'disclosure' section of the legalities. 

I can't give a personal opinion of the radio you mention but it does look just like the many types of receiver available on the market today. There appear to be many 'reviews' on the internet of this particular model so perhaps the best place to start if requiring more information.

I'm afraid that I have no interest in 'prepping' personally as regards utilising technology for a SHTF event so cannot offer any input. I just hope that we never suffer such an event in the UK to put such interests into practice especially after witnessing the events of panic buying during the pandemic or the farce of a UK nationwide power cut.

Other opinions can and may vary.

I hope that the legalities aspect given is of help although it should be noted that I am not a practitioner of the law and is only given in good faith.

Respectfully,
Victor

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: County-Comm GP7 - SSB    County-Comm GP7 - SSB  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

County-Comm GP7 - SSB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Help and Discussion Forums :: Standard Multistandard CB Radio UK/EU/Multinorm-
Jump to: