Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Request callsign....
President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:42 pm by 53 Prefect

» Yes, I am still breathing.
President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:36 pm by 53 Prefect

» 1/2 wav or 5/8 wav
President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:35 pm by Des Collier

» My New CB Radio YouTube channel.
President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:31 pm by 53 Prefect

» Call Sign Application
President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:10 pm by Robert Martin

» Which handheld
President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:58 pm by GhostRider

» Activity around Portsmouth UK
President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:48 am by GhostRider

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 8:49 pm by SangueG

» CW sidesweeper, new project
President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 4:13 pm by karelgol

Keywords
ss9900 list yaesu Baofeng 2022 ALINCO anytone frequency Mckinley chart sign callsign 2023 Sirio 6900 Mobile meter call power president supply display antenna software 9900 lincoln
QRZ Database

President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver

Go down 
+8
Wireless
BASS 666
Johnboy23
Dave_P
Bones
RadioWavez
Victor
Sharpshooter
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2022 10:01 pm

Hi group 

I doctored it by snipping out the 2 white loop wires and today just got my furthest contact into North Germany with a K40 mag whip on the jeep

Happy days 

73s John.
Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2022 12:35 pm

I have just done a order for one of these, should have it soon, will let you know how it goes, what are the plus points on cutting these 2 white wires.
Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2022 12:40 pm

glenn dog wrote:
I have just done a order for one of these, should have it soon, will let you know how it goes, what are the plus points on cutting these 2 white wires.
Think it just opens the radio to the 10m area?, wont be needing that if that is all it does?
Back to top Go down
Bones
Bones

Call Sign : 68-CT-081
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Broughshane
Equipment Used : President McKinley, President Bill,CT6800V, Baofeng UV5R ,888S

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2022 12:48 pm

BASS 666 wrote:
Bones wrote:
Hi Dave
          Ive just got back into cb radio since the 80s and im in the ballymena area theres a bit of normal fm/am chatter but most seems to be on the sideband ,if you do decide to get back into it go to the wee watch shop in town Rab there is very helpful and can advise you on which set to buy also very good after sales advice and you can drop him a line for help and he will get back to you as I did yesterday.
73s
Bones
was talking to a guy from your town the other night his name was Sam ... he was right a the bottom of the box but we talked so it looks like i can get through to your gaff ..
I got hold of Sam the other day he's only just up the road from me
Back to top Go down
BASS 666

QTH or Location : belfast
Equipment Used : none yet

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2022 5:26 pm

Bones wrote:
BASS 666 wrote:
Bones wrote:
Hi Dave
          Ive just got back into cb radio since the 80s and im in the ballymena area theres a bit of normal fm/am chatter but most seems to be on the sideband ,if you do decide to get back into it go to the wee watch shop in town Rab there is very helpful and can advise you on which set to buy also very good after sales advice and you can drop him a line for help and he will get back to you as I did yesterday.
73s
Bones
was talking to a guy from your town the other night his name was Sam ... he was right a the bottom of the box but we talked so it looks like i can get through to your gaff ..
I got hold of Sam the other day he's only just up the road from me
yeah i knew you would know him ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2022 10:27 pm

glenn dog wrote:
Converts it to export mode giving you 6 bands (ABCDEG) AM/FM from 25.6150 - 28.3050 MHz and also the UK 40 Channels. 

73s John
Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2022 5:28 am

Ok, thanks for info, should get mine today, not been a Ham, I think I keep it in normal modes.
Back to top Go down
johno

Call Sign : 26-CT-4336
QTH or Location : Wiltshire
Equipment Used : President

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2022 1:54 pm

I’ve had one for about 15 months. Can’t fault it really as a handheld. As with any handhelds, range can be limited, but that said it’s very good.

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rosssin
Rosssin

Call Sign : 14-CT-016
QTH or Location : Toulouse, France
Equipment Used : Randy III, crt ss9900, RS-918, President Grant, crt ss6900V

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2022 12:10 am

I got the Randy III recently, I feel it’s an amazing radio for its size.
With its short rubber duck, indoors from France,I can listen to guys from US 🇺🇸 every afternoon, especially on the Ch6. There there’s notably an illustrious dude, a black guy, who sounds like a preacher, from Chicago. Sometimes 10 voices at ones arguing.
I can hear often Greek, Turkish, Russian and German as well.

I’ve tried it in the car with with the president Wyoming antenna and the reception gets twice as amazing!
For Tx I’ve been trying like crazy to get any Frenchman or trucker to answer me but haven’t succeeded yet. Mind that I haven’t tried transmitting from up in the hills. Here in my corner of France there were people on the CB as far as 12|ish years ago, arguing, insulting eachother every day at around 7pm before dinner, though nowadays there is a DEAD SILENCE all across the channels.

Will let you know how far if I get a contact when go up in the hills.
I’ll try it with this 132cm telescopic “Twayrdio” antenna i got from Amazon for 23€.

Should do the cut-wires export mode thing soon too..

glenn dog and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2022 1:47 pm

Great radio, i love mine, only problem i have is the belt clip can be a bit bad, seems to come away too easily.
Back to top Go down
Rosssin
Rosssin

Call Sign : 14-CT-016
QTH or Location : Toulouse, France
Equipment Used : Randy III, crt ss9900, RS-918, President Grant, crt ss6900V

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2022 11:50 am

The Randy III is receiving very loudly the American traffic (they fill half of the channels some afternoons), also Greek, Turkish, German voices…only with the rubber duck antenna. 
In the car I hook it to a president Wyoming antenna and it really comes to life. I’ve managed to speak to close by stations from the car.
One day I fitted it with the long telescopic antenna and went up on the hills to try to make contact but this day all channels were full of American voices that were virtually screaming!!

I plan to open it and cut the two wires to switch it to “export mode” and get additional hundreds of channels..

Bones likes this post

Back to top Go down
MM0NJS
MM0NJS

Call Sign : 108-CT-339
QTH or Location : Lochmaben.
Equipment Used : Anytone Smart 2, President Randy 3

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2022 6:57 pm

Hi Everyone.
Got my Randy 3 today, I have tried a couple of fist mic's in the socket on the side and the radio goes straight into TX, not sure what is going on, they look like standard Kenwood style plugs and the fist mic works fine on my other radios.
Anyone have any ideas.

Nigel MM0NJS

Update: Figured it out, the pin-out is Midland standard not Kenwoood, works a treat now that I have the correct mic plugged in....

Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 10:03 am

https://www.rxtx.fi/paavalikko/jr-4001-e-il-monofoni-randy-urano-panther-cb-413-h100-f1-tight-icom/p/305023/

THIS MIGHT HELP YOU, I9N FINNSH BUT MAY HELP FIND ONE IN THE UK

MM0NJS likes this post

Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 10:05 am

https://www.rxtx.fi/paavalikko/kep-28-monofoni-panther-cb-413-randy-2-genzo-bt/p/305022/ 

This should work all so.

MM0NJS likes this post

Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 10:07 am

FOUND 1 MORE,  

https://www.rxtx.fi/paavalikko/alan-ma-26-l-old-monofoni-icom-midland-alan-mk68-m68-tight-ja-f1-tti-tx-1000-ja-tx-130-ran/p/305026/

MM0NJS likes this post

Back to top Go down
MM0NJS
MM0NJS

Call Sign : 108-CT-339
QTH or Location : Lochmaben.
Equipment Used : Anytone Smart 2, President Randy 3

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 1:46 pm

Thanks Glen for the replies.

Managed to find a fist mic with the correct pin layout in my box of many things at the back of the shed, never throw stuff out cos you never know.

73 and happy new year

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver    President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

President Randy 3 Handheld Transceiver
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2