Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» hi, I am Indonesia cb ers. my callsign JZ10JEN ..I want have dx callsign..
radio - Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question Icon_minitimeToday at 7:29 am by iherup888

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
radio - Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question Icon_minitimeToday at 4:21 am by Sydthecat

» CT Call Sign Request - Accrington
radio - Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:40 pm by Tarot

» New call sign request (Issued)
radio - Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:13 pm by John123

» Greetings from Fife, New call sign request (Issued)
radio - Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:06 pm by John123

» Intruduction & call sign request (Issued)
radio - Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:05 pm by John123

» 11m conditions
radio - Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:50 pm by glenn dog

» HF Contacts 15m
radio - Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:42 am by SangueG

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
radio - Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 8:28 pm by Razz229

Keywords
callsign lincoln president supply chart Mobile yaesu 9900 display Sirio ss9900 software 2022 antenna Mckinley ALINCO call power meter 6900 list sign frequency anytone 2023 Baofeng
QRZ Database

Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CyDer DrinKer
Contributor
Contributor
CyDer DrinKer

Call Sign : M3VUI
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Somerset
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTDX10- Anytone 2/70 - EFLW-20 , 2/70 Co-Linear

radio - Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question Empty
PostSubject: Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question   radio - Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2022 6:37 pm

Hi Folks.
A question for those in the know...
I have two HF radios connected to different antennas.
One radio goes to a vertical and the other radio goes to a horizontal wire.

The vertical passes the wire by less than 1ft.
My question is about front end overload Rf from one radio antenna, down the other and into the other radio causing damage, if Ive used the correct terminology.
What should I do to stiop this happening?
I have one of my radios on an antenna switch that can be switched into a dummy load here inside the shack, is this good enough ?
The switch is they cast iron type that appears to short to the casing, should the casing be earthed being another question.
Im learning and the shack is increasing with bits, so this is my first time having this concern, any help would be greatly appreciated

rabbi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ivy Mike
Major contributor
Major contributor
Ivy Mike

Call Sign : 26CT4113/G1HWY
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : IO90uv
Equipment Used : ICOM radios/antenna farm

PostSubject: Re: Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question   radio - Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2022 6:07 am

I would think that would be ok.

A decent coax switch should have at least 50db isolation and the unused connectors should be grounded.

Don't know about other switches but I use Alpha Delta as these have the above, not cheap but you pay for what you get, plus these have an Arc plug fitted for extra protection.

rabbi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question   radio - Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2022 6:57 am

I have 3 radios and 2 antennas plus the switch like you have.
I only ever have 1 radio turned on at any time.
Repaired many radios owned by truckers and front end blown they used to chinwag at night all parked up in a truck park and overloaded each others radios if that makes sense.

rabbi and Ace like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question   radio - Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two Antennas and Radio Damage Question
Page 1 of 1