Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Callsign request for division 45 (Issued)
I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeToday at 12:53 am by stalker

» Hello everyone
I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeToday at 12:22 am by M0TEC

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:08 pm by John H

» Call sign request
I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:42 pm by nmasterson

» CAll Sign for division 26 (Issued)
I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:15 pm by Rizzer100

» Replacement K-PO DX5000 Microphone
I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:42 pm by Lynton

» I moved to new city (Actioned)
I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:34 pm by GaryWilson

» RE:TC call sign
I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:04 pm by Nick100

» Crossing the pond
I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:52 am by Dutchie19

Keywords
Mobile ALINCO frequency list chart anytone antenna 2022 ss9900 meter display sign Mckinley supply call power callsign Sirio 6900 Baofeng lincoln software 2023 president yaesu 9900
QRZ Database

I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nik555

Call Sign : 1-CT-024 is0jho
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Italy ,Sardinia
Equipment Used : yaesu757gxii, ss6900,midland48,and others

I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Empty
PostSubject: I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters   I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2023 4:58 pm

Good day to all , and I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters , i have never made a dipole before ,so i need all your help ,i just got my licence and an old but very good yaesu 757gx11, i really would appreciate some help , at the moment i have a fishing rod of 8 meters and a bit of space in the garden , total height would be about 11 meters from ground ,thank you to all ,nik
Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters   I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2023 7:33 am

Well done Nicolo on getting your licence.

The inverted V is a good choice.. simple to make and can provide great results. Simple it may be, but there are many ways of going about constructing depending on if you want to use single elements with traps or multi elements as a fan dipole (this what I use), and also if you want to use scrap / salvaged parts or buy new bits and pieces like "dipole centres".

I could write a long waffle on this one with info that you don't need, so do let know if "cost" is an issue and we can advise the cheapest options, and if you are thinking of a fan dipole or another type, so we can advise you the most pertinent info.

Regarding the fishing pole, I have found the top sections to be weak and bendy so you might want to not use the stop section or two (or not attach at the very top if the rod is fixed length) and also do not used too thick and heavy coax like RG213.. use RG58 or similar (if you are going to use coax to feed it).

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
nik555

PostSubject: Re: I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters   I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2023 9:26 am

Thanks for your response SangueG ,well at the moment the budget is low , but for spacers i have some plexiglass that i can cut ,i do have some rg58 good quality , but what wire guage to use for the arms of the dipole , i could make a simple choke out of coax ,i will use the stronger part of the fishing pole,73s to all ,nik.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters   I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2023 9:44 am

Hi Nik,

Some good info provided by Neal (SangueG) and I know he could provide vastly more being amongst those of us that like to build and experiment with antennas. I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters 1f44d 

There's a wealth of information on the internet regarding such antennas, some technical and others more practical so worth having a search about.

For a multi-band antenna Neal has already suggested utilising 'traps' or a 'fan dipole array' and in my own instance I use a ladder line open wire feed system so that with an ATU I can match a single wire dipole to many bands.

What wire you use, coax, chokes, connectors etc. will be a personal approach. Some will just buy a commercial ready made unit, others go 'all out' utilising the most expensive items they can garner and yet more will grab whatever they've got to hand and use it. (My own antenna is made from an old electric lawnmower lead! It is just copper wire after all. Wink )

Whatever you do have fun and reap the rewards in personal delight when you get an antenna working. I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters 1f44d

All the very best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
nik555

PostSubject: Re: I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters   I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2023 10:41 am

Good day Viktor , i have a problem of getting the ladder in the shack , i think i would have to use a short length of coax to the atu , at the moment i would choose a simple 2 wires for the dipole with no traps ,the best to all ,nik.
Back to top Go down
nik555

PostSubject: Re: I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters   I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2023 6:41 pm

Good evening , and thank you Victor and Neal ,yes i found a good post here with some real great info on the inverted V it was about a 10 meter , but eccelent , only thing which i would like to know is what wire gauge to use for the arms , i will have to buy that  ,so thank you to all ,nik.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters   I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2023 11:03 pm

I have to say Nik that I can't personally give good advice on gauge's of wire to buy as apart from some ladder/window line wire I bought to do some tidy linear loading, all wire I have used to make antennas have been salvaged used wire.. electrical wire and speaker wire.

I'll link a short video below that I found that gives good advice on gauges. But in short it will depend on how strong you want it, how much weight your fishing pole can hold, and how much power you plan to use. Hope the vid helps..

https://youtu.be/GJhNzISXJs0

nik555 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
nik555

PostSubject: Re: I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters   I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 3:36 pm

Hi and thank you Neal (SangueG) yes my friend i watch the video and as for me i will use about 1mm stranded copper wire ,my only problem is that i live on a small farm and have to ask friends to give me a lift to town ,so i really don't want to make a mistake on spending and time wasting of my friends ,i will check on my local dealer what he has to offer ,a great thank you Neal and a great hug to Victor ,you both are of rare extreme humanity ,thank you.nik.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters   I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need help for a simple dipole inverted V for 40,20 and 10 meters
Page 1 of 1