Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» New Member (Issued)
base - New base station set up Icon_minitimeToday at 12:30 pm by John123

» Request for CT Callsign (Issued)
base - New base station set up Icon_minitimeToday at 12:27 pm by John123

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
base - New base station set up Icon_minitimeToday at 12:21 pm by Vasilis

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
base - New base station set up Icon_minitimeToday at 12:15 pm by FreqFreak

» NATO 2000 Restoration
base - New base station set up Icon_minitimeToday at 11:49 am by GaryWilson

» Help needed
base - New base station set up Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:28 pm by GaryWilson

» New member introduction. (Issued)
base - New base station set up Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:19 pm by stealth 57

» what was your first radio and antenna
base - New base station set up Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:13 am by stealth 57

» Anytone 6667
base - New base station set up Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 am by Razz229

Keywords
lincoln anytone software supply 2023 yaesu ss9900 6900 display Sirio 9900 Baofeng meter list Mobile callsign Mckinley sign ALINCO chart frequency call 2022 power antenna president
QRZ Database

New base station set up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy Hannah
Andy Hannah

Call Sign : 26-CT-4712
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Bozeat Northamptonshire
Equipment Used : Not purchased as yet one of the questions I was going to ask

base - New base station set up Empty
PostSubject: New base station set up   base - New base station set up Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2023 6:20 am

Hi all I have just set up my bast station and are looking for local Contacts, so I will be able to check my audio and signal strength don’t know of the time or frequency that the local nets run i’m in the Northampton area call sign Charlie Tango, 4712 many thanks, Andy

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: New base station set up   base - New base station set up Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2023 6:39 am

Try giving a shout out you never know.
Many people sit just listening.
Try local calling channel on FM and also 27.555 usb.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Andy Hannah
Andy Hannah

PostSubject: Re: New base station set up   base - New base station set up Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2023 6:45 am

Mandy thanks Andy
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: New base station set up   base - New base station set up Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2023 9:36 am

Hi Andy,

I'm not that far from your neck of the woods but nowadays I'm always on the Ham bands with a horizontal antenna setup so afraid I can't help you out not having a CB setup anymore.

I must admit that when I came back to the radio interest a few years back it was very quiet on the CB front which was why I went on to gain my Ham ticket and there's always something on air with those extra bands. base - New base station set up 1f44d 

What sort of radio and antenna setup do you have?
If you have a SSB or sidebander rig there's been a lot of DX activity recently so always worth a listen and giving out a shout. If you have an AM/FM Euro & UK rig it's worth shouting out on the Euro frequencies too. (Propagation works for all modes.) UK FM can be very quiet depending on the location and like I said I found little activity in our area. (Might have changed since then?)

Worth a shout on the typical calling channels such as 19 every now and then in case anyone's monitoring.
(Make it more than one or two calls though on a regular basis to stand a better chance of success.)

The only other suggestion I can make is to listen out for your own transmissions with an online or web receiver. There's a couple of Kiwi SDR's (software defined radio) around here and you can find them at the following map link :-

http://rx.linkfanel.net/

Zoom in on the map to find your location and receiver sites. (I think there's one in Bedford and Northampton.)

You're in the middle of some surrounding population centres, (Milton Keynes, Northampton, Wellingborough, Rushden, Bedford) so should stand a chance even with local contacts. Not forgetting passing traffic where there might be CB traffic on the A428, A509 and the M1.

Stick with it and I wish you the best of luck.

Otherwise you could succumb like a few of us old b*ggers did on here and gain that Foundation ticket. Less than £30 for the exam, bit of study and even a basic VHF/UHF radio will get you started.

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Andy Hannah
Andy Hannah

PostSubject: Re: New base station set up   base - New base station set up Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2023 10:46 am

Thanks Victor, for your reply I have a CRT 9900 Woodside band on the Sirio 2016 antenna. Many thanks for your help.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: New base station set up   base - New base station set up Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2023 11:33 am

With the 9900 and your Sirio the world should be your oyster Andy. base - New base station set up 1f44d

I've been enjoying the great conditions on 10m recently and I know some of the lads on here have made some awesome 11m contacts. Worth a shout out on those 'freeband' frequencies when you hear them romping in. Smile

73's
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New base station set up   base - New base station set up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New base station set up
Page 1 of 1