Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» full licence !!!!!
radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeToday at 6:37 pm by VanRougeT4

» CB silver rod as multiband HF antenna?
radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeToday at 6:14 pm by VanRougeT4

» Requesting Charlie Tango Callsign
radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeToday at 3:51 pm by KC8EMH

» New Member (Issued)
radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeToday at 12:30 pm by John123

» Request for CT Callsign (Issued)
radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeToday at 12:27 pm by John123

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeToday at 12:21 pm by Vasilis

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeToday at 12:15 pm by FreqFreak

» NATO 2000 Restoration
radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeToday at 11:49 am by GaryWilson

» Help needed
radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:28 pm by GaryWilson

Keywords
6900 yaesu anytone list 2022 ALINCO software Baofeng supply president antenna frequency callsign ss9900 chart Mobile call power 2023 Sirio lincoln display Mckinley 9900 sign meter
QRZ Database

new radio purchased

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
skyrider
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4654
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Preston, Lancs.
Equipment Used : UNIDEN 100, midland alan 78 plus multi + mag mount , silver rod

radio - new radio purchased Empty
PostSubject: new radio purchased   radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2023 8:37 pm

right so today i purchased a new radio off knights radios, it is a superstar 3900 and i will probably be receiving it could be over the weekend so im looking forward to playing with it. the president mc kinley was sold early last week and the new owner seems very happy with it so happy days, the superstar i think will be easier to use with all the switches on the front where as the mc kinley you have to go into the menues to find something and i spent a lot of time finding how to do things in the owners manual so i will find out if the superstar is any easier time will tell  Rolling Eyes

Sydthecat, glenn dog, Victor, Tristar and Red Rooster LN-4614 like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: new radio purchased   radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2023 6:15 am

Hi Lionel,

I know what you mean about having buttons-and-knobs on a radio compared to menu driven features. (Must be an age thing.....or can't be arsed to remember where all the menu options are! Very Happy )

I hope you enjoy your new radio (after all that's what it's all about - enjoyment) and get some great contacts with it.

All the best,
Victor

glenn dog, Tristar and skyrider like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
skyrider
Major contributor
Major contributor

Equipment Used : UNIDEN 100, midland alan 78 plus multi + mag mount , silver rod

PostSubject: Re: new radio purchased   radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2023 8:53 pm

thanks very much for that Victor im sure i will find the superstar easier to drive than the president and im really looking forward to getting it thanks again  Very Happy

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tony1091

Call Sign : 26-CT-4488
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Altrincham
Equipment Used : CB / PMR

PostSubject: Re: new radio purchased   radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 4:14 am

skyrider wrote:
thanks very much for that Victor im sure i will find the superstar easier to drive than the president and im really looking forward to getting it thanks again  Very Happy
How are you getting on with the Superstar 3900? I am interested in this radio and keen to know how it compares to the President McKinney you recently sold. 

Many thanks.

Tony
26CT4488

skyrider likes this post

Back to top Go down
skyrider
Major contributor
Major contributor

PostSubject: Re: new radio purchased   radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 10:00 am

Hi Tony well here goes as you have read above the president in my view was not an easy radio to use it had menues instead of switches and to do even the easiest thing i had to get the book of words out and me with the memory of a gold fish that was a regular thing so that was the main reason it went. now then i have owned the super star for about three weeks now and you are probably not going to believe this but i have decided to let that go as well , nothing at all wrong with the radio as it has had very little use and it was expanded by knights when i bought it and i think im going back to a straight 40 for a while probably a midland, so the superstar is up for sale on ebay if you want to have a look at it on  there you will see the heading SUPERSTAR 3900 CB RADIO WITH SILVER AND CHROME FRONT and the auction ends on tuesday night at seven that's only if you are interested . so now you know there is not a lot i can tell you about the superstar as i haven't had it long enough thanks for reading Lionel  Smile

Tristar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tony1091

PostSubject: Re: new radio purchased   radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2023 9:47 am

skyrider wrote:
Hi Tony well here goes as you have read above the president in my view was not an easy radio to use it had menues instead of switches and to do even the easiest thing i had to get the book of words out and me with the memory of a gold fish that was a regular thing so that was the main reason it went. now then i have owned the super star for about three weeks now and you are probably not going to believe this but i have decided to let that go as well , nothing at all wrong with the radio as it has had very little use and it was expanded by knights when i bought it and i think im going back to a straight 40 for a while probably a midland, so the superstar is up for sale on ebay if you want to have a look at it on  there you will see the heading SUPERSTAR 3900 CB RADIO WITH SILVER AND CHROME FRONT and the auction ends on tuesday night at seven that's only if you are interested . so now you know there is not a lot i can tell you about the superstar as i haven't had it long enough thanks for reading Lionel  Smile

Hi Lionel,

Thank you for your reply. You are right, I wasn't expecting that. Seems to me you are not too fussed about sideband perhaps? I have been standing on the side for a while now trying to work out whether it is worth the plunge into SSB world. I only have multinorm 80ch UKFM and Mids radios which I do enjoy using but sometimes get the fear of missing out - especially considering all the nets seem to be on USB/LSB which is a shame. I think I will persevere for now as I am still getting good contacts on FM - keen to get some DX on FM and AM too when I am lucky enough to be on the radio and mother nature is working in my favour. 
Good luck selling your rig, I am sure someone will snap it up as they look great! 

Regards,
Tony 
26CT4488

Tristar likes this post

Back to top Go down
skyrider
Major contributor
Major contributor

PostSubject: Re: new radio purchased   radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2023 3:15 pm

thanks for that Tony we will see what happens tonight, overall you are right about ssb radios and me, many years i started off with a ham international multimode 2 but even with that one i still only used it locally . so perhaps  straight forty rigs are more my thing , are you still thinking of going wider afield yourself  ?

Tristar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tony1091

PostSubject: Re: new radio purchased   radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2023 7:41 am

skyrider wrote:
thanks for that Tony we will see what happens tonight, overall you are right about ssb radios and me, many years i started off with a ham international multimode 2 but even with that one i still only used it locally . so perhaps  straight forty rigs are more my thing , are you still thinking of going wider afield yourself  ?
Hi Lionel,

Apologies for my delayed reply. I keep looking at SSB but then keep going back to FM/AM to be honest. I think like you I will just stick to those modes for now and enjoy them for what they are. I can't help thinking if I go down the SSB route I might as well just get my Ham licence and use all the HF bands aty disposal if DX is my ultimate aim. 

At the end of the day it is all radio, heck I am even interested when I see a set of cheap two way radios in a bubble pack on the high street 😆

All the best,

Tony
CT4488

Tristar likes this post

Back to top Go down
skyrider
Major contributor
Major contributor

PostSubject: Re: new radio purchased   radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2023 10:35 am

Thanks Tony hope to hear from you soon  radio - new radio purchased 1f44d

Tony1091 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new radio purchased   radio - new radio purchased Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new radio purchased
Page 1 of 1