Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CB silver rod as multiband HF antenna?
Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:15 pm by karelgol

» 10 Metre Summer Challenge 2024
Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:26 pm by SangueG

» MAAS DP-27 dipole antenna tuning
Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:23 pm by madmax

» new call sign
Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:02 pm by JUMPER

» CT call sign request
Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:50 pm by Petesevern

» EU conditions have started
Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:41 am by babis3g

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:51 am by babis3g

» HF Contacts 15m
Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:44 am by Ivy Mike

» South Coast PMR net report
Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:12 am by Razz229

Keywords
Sirio frequency power Baofeng meter ss9900 6900 callsign sign list Mobile 9900 lincoln ALINCO Mckinley anytone yaesu 2023 2022 chart president antenna software supply display call
QRZ Database

Retevis rt23

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnbolt61

Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Middlesbrough
Equipment Used : Cobra148, cobra 19x, radio shack handheld

Retevis rt23 Empty
PostSubject: Retevis rt23   Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2023 11:10 pm

Does anyone know how to get fm on a Retevis rt23. I have read the instructions but still can’t find it
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Retevis rt23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retevis rt23   Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2023 5:32 am

Hi Berni,

Do you mean the VHF FM radio broadcast mode?

If so the instructions are on page 24 of the user manual :-

https://www.retevis.com/Download/mannual/RT23-English-manua.pdf

Otherwise the radio is all FM as in Frequency Modulation for transmit/receive on both VHF & UHF.

I hope that helps.

All the best,
Victor

GaryWilson and Johnbolt61 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Johnbolt61

Retevis rt23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retevis rt23   Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2023 1:01 am

I have tried pressing the pf1 button like it says to start fm but it just says DC8.2v doesn’t take me to fm
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Retevis rt23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retevis rt23   Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2023 4:58 am

Hi Berni,

The PF1 button (and PF2) can be programmed for a variety of functions via the programming software and changed accordingly. It looks like yours is set to check the battery voltage rather than the factory default for broadcast FM selection. Have you reprogrammed the radio at all or maybe this was a second hand set?

If you do not have the programming lead and software (I believe the CHIRP software also supports this radio) you can perform a factory reset but it will wipe any channels/frequencies as well as settings you may have made.

The factory reset procedure is to press the PTT button and the "2" button together whilst the radio is switched off and keep these pressed whilst switching the radio on. This should display a "FULL?" message on the screen and after a moment or two reset the radio back to the default settings.

As mentioned on my reply to your other posting all of this information can be gleaned from the internet (particularly the Retevis site) so worth searching for more information. I don't personally own this model of radio yet was able to gather such information with an internet search.

These little radios can be frustrating to start with but worth learning how to navigate around it's functions to gain their full and useful purpose.

All the best,
Victor

Johnbolt61 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Johnbolt61

Retevis rt23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retevis rt23   Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2023 11:26 am

Hi. Yeah I bought it second hand. Looked new in the box. They are confusing little radios. I have had it a couple of months now and all I have heard was a bit of orchestral music Smile. Can’t even find that now. In time I suppose I will get used to it. Thanks for helping me

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Retevis rt23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retevis rt23   Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2023 4:54 am

No worries there Bernie and I do hope you manage to figure the little bugger out to your satisfaction as it would be well worth it.
(I hope you got it for a good bargain price even though looking like new in the box. Retevis rt23 1f44d )

I remember only too well the difficulties I faced when I first got one of these little types of radio but most have common ground so that at least helps with all the head scratching you'll likely encounter.

Whether programmed up with the PMR channels for a bit of unlicensed fun (even just listening can often be interesting) or taken a stage further with a Radio Amateur licence opening the possibilities of 2m and 70cm action they're well worth the money.

Do have a good read of the manual, check out the Retevis site, (many useful tips & videos there), look for other resources like the fantastic 'Miklor' site or even type 'Retevis RT23' into a search engine or YouTube for some good useful info. Above all have fun with it even if sometimes frustrating and play around until you become a master.....even if that means doing a factory reset every so often to get back to the start line! Wink

I wish I could have been local to you and given you a hand directly there Berni but can only do my best from afar. Stick with it and enjoy what you're doing, remember the forum is open for questions with many helpful members here and do let us know how you get on. I know I'll be thrilled for you when you make some contact on it.

All the best,
Victor

Johnbolt61 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Johnbolt61

Retevis rt23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retevis rt23   Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2023 5:09 pm

Should my status indicator be green all the time
Back to top Go down
Johnbolt61

Retevis rt23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retevis rt23   Retevis rt23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2023 5:14 pm

Thanks Victor for your great help. I first looked for a baofeng and the seller says if you don’t understand the radio, don’t buy but I wanted one anyway. I now understand what he meant. They are confusing. But not giving up Smile

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Retevis rt23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retevis rt23   Retevis rt23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retevis rt23
Page 1 of 1