Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeToday at 8:49 pm by SangueG

» CW sidesweeper, new project
New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeToday at 4:13 pm by karelgol

» Swedish Repeater on Ch20 Mid
New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeToday at 1:29 pm by Vasilis

» CRT SS 9900 V4
New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeToday at 11:57 am by babis3g

» Moved from Introductions
New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:43 pm by babis3g

» Mr Macmillan (Information requested)
New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:07 pm by John123

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:52 pm by Razz229

» New member (Issued)
New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:43 pm by GaryWilson

» 27.555 usb from a longwire
New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:45 pm by stephen Gunrunner

Keywords
Mobile yaesu 6900 callsign software anytone 9900 frequency chart 2023 2022 Mckinley meter display power supply sign antenna Baofeng ALINCO president call lincoln Sirio list ss9900
QRZ Database

New gear, I'm happy!

Go down 
+2
Richard.C
Gert 19CT006
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gert 19CT006
Gert 19CT006

Call Sign : 19CT006 / PD0CT
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Hillegom, Holland (15 miles south west of Amsterdam, near to the coastline)
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A & Yaesu FTdx-3000D, both with Yaesu MD-100 mikes, HyEndFed sloping wire for 10, 15, 20, 40m with HyEnd Line Isolator, Diamond X-200N for VHF/UHF, Anytone AT-779UV & Diamond NR-770R (for mobile use) and a Yaesu FT-4XE handheld

New gear, I'm happy! Empty
PostSubject: New gear, I'm happy!   New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 7:20 pm

Every now and then you have to reward yourself for being such a nice guy, good husband, great dad, etc. lol!

That's why I ordered new stuff. Got a new power supply (K-Po SPS 50 ll / 50-55 amps), new SWR/power meter (Diamond SX-100), new external speaker (President HP-2), new cables and..... yessss, a new radio! It's the President Lincoln ll Plus (V4), so we're talking about the latest version.

Since 11m SSB is still dead, I did some QSO's on FM. What a LOVELY radio! I once had the Lincoln 1 and it served me well, but it can't be compared to this one. What a worker!

It has a very user-friendly menu so it's easy to operate. It's pushing 45 watts on FM and 55 (!) watts on SSB, all standard. Finally a radio with a good (real) VFO. It's the export version, so it has the 10, 11 and 12m band, although I just use 11m since I don't have a HAM licence.

Just wanted to share my happiness... cheers

73's from The Netherlands
Gert - 19CT006

New gear, I'm happy! Lincol10
Back to top Go down
Richard.C

Times Thanked : 4
QTH or Location : Lincoln
Equipment Used : Ranger 2950DX, Albrecht 2990, Midland PortaPack, Cybernet Beta 1000, 2000, 3000, Amstrad 900, 901, Rotel RVC240, SMC Oscar 1, Yaesu FT1000MP MK5 Field, FT847, FT857, FT817

PostSubject: Re: New gear, I'm happy!   New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 7:43 pm

Nice looking radio Gert, it's always nice to buy new bits.

Richard
Back to top Go down
Sydthecat
CT Directors
CT Directors
Sydthecat

Call Sign : 2E0VRX
Times Thanked : 46
QTH or Location : Yorkshire dales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTdx 101d, MD200 mic ,Mosley 3ele Yagi

PostSubject: Re: New gear, I'm happy!   New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 5:28 am

Nice one Gert 👍

They really are a great little rig

Enjoy !

Craig 73
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: New gear, I'm happy!   New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 6:15 am

Nice one Gert,

Based on your criteria I'm going to ask Mrs Wilson if it's okay for me to order the Xiegu G90 I'm hankering for!!! Very Happy

Now you have 10 & 12 meters available to you I can't think of a better excuse to consider getting your ham license.

Enjoy the new rig buddy looks cracking.

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ

PostSubject: Re: New gear, I'm happy!   New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 2:24 pm

That radio is great, enjoy it, i bought one last summer, very happy with it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gert 19CT006
Gert 19CT006

QTH or Location : Hillegom, Holland (15 miles south west of Amsterdam, near to the coastline)
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A & Yaesu FTdx-3000D, both with Yaesu MD-100 mikes, HyEndFed sloping wire for 10, 15, 20, 40m with HyEnd Line Isolator, Diamond X-200N for VHF/UHF, Anytone AT-779UV & Diamond NR-770R (for mobile use) and a Yaesu FT-4XE handheld

PostSubject: Re: New gear, I'm happy!   New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 7:10 pm

GaryWilson wrote:
Nice one Gert,

Based on your criteria I'm going to ask Mrs Wilson if it's okay for me to order the Xiegu G90 I'm hankering for!!! Very Happy

Now you have 10 & 12 meters available to you I can't think of a better excuse to consider getting your ham license.  

Enjoy the new rig buddy looks cracking.

73's Gary.

LOL Gary! Yeah, I'm thinking about it. Still the fact remains that I'm a true 'freebander' who grew up with his dad being betrayed by legal amateurs back in the early 70's. I remember the first raid, when I was 7 years old or so. Im almost 55 by now...

Anyway, lots of things have changed nowadays and I already did some online test exams... pirat
Not sure if I'm gonna go on with it btw
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: New gear, I'm happy!   New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 7:25 pm

I know what you mean Gert, my roots are firmly in the C.B. band. Once a pirate always a pirate!! Very Happy

I do however do both and find myself spending most of my time on 20/40 meters at the moment where propagation is still good. I managed to work both the U.S.A and Canada this Sunday past, something that would be very difficult on 11 meters right now.

Best 73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Gert 19CT006
Gert 19CT006

PostSubject: Re: New gear, I'm happy!   New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 7:45 pm

I'm even considering chopping off one hand and to go for a hook... Laughing

Over here in The Netherlands things are different than in the UK. Many licensed HAM's look very much down on freebanders and -in fact- try to report them if they know what their QTH is. I'm not sure if I wanna be a part of such a group.

On the other hand, there are many ex-freebanders who got their licence and who are acting pretty much like yourself... Wink

It's just the maths-thing. I speak literally six languages fluently, but please don't ask me to make a simple calculation. I know how to build an aerial, I know how to calculate my air choke designs, I know about the tropospherical propagations, in fact I know a LOT about radio operating and everything that comes with it, all by many years of experience. But when they're asking my all kinds of questions about resistors, diodes and board designs I'm getting the feeling that I'll never pass such an exam. I'm a paramedic for crying out loud! Rolling Eyes

Anyway, still playing with the thought.

Best 73's Gary!
Hoping for some sporadic-E to kick in, so we can meet on the airwaves  Smile
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: New gear, I'm happy!   New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 9:48 pm

Nice radio, Gert. Hope to work you on it when the conditions improve. Smile

73s John.
Back to top Go down
Technician

Call Sign : 26-CT-3818
QTH or Location : Kernow
Equipment Used : CRT7900

PostSubject: Re: New gear, I'm happy!   New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Nice looking radio, now I've seen one I want one lol Cool You can never have to many radios says me looking at 13, including my Amateur stuff. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gert 19CT006
Gert 19CT006

PostSubject: Re: New gear, I'm happy!   New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 8:02 pm

LOL Dave, I just cleaned out my shack and dumped lots of radios. In fact, this is the only one left that I'm using. What a space! Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New gear, I'm happy!   New gear, I'm happy! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New gear, I'm happy!
Page 1 of 1