Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:23 pm by Mr T

» gre 225 radio scanner
N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 pm by rabbi

» crt ss 9900
N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:21 pm by John123

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

Keywords
chart sign president antenna ALINCO meter callsign Mobile power anytone call software display supply lincoln ss9900 Sirio yaesu 2022 2023 6900 Mckinley Baofeng frequency list 9900
QRZ Database

N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Swadeyboy
Contributor
Contributor
Swadeyboy

Call Sign : 26-CT-3743
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Chingford London
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT450D and Sigma SE HF360 vertical

N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Empty
PostSubject: N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X   N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 5:28 pm

Evening All,

Looking for some advice regarding getting my FT450D set up to my laptop. 

Not sure where to start, seems like a bit of a challnge as the 450 does not have a usb port and my current laptop does not feature a soundcard?

Can seem to find a suitable video on Youtube.

Many thanks
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X   N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 6:16 pm

This any good it's the one i used to update the firmware but that is all i have done with it.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Cat-cable-for-Yaesu-FT-450-FT-950-FT-991-FT-1000MP-FT-2000-FT-1000MP-Mk-V/192872994189?hash=item2ce820558d:g:rY4AAMXQBLNTla1L

Swadeyboy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Swadeyboy
Contributor
Contributor
Swadeyboy

PostSubject: Re: N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X   N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 6:29 pm

Thanks Alan,

I will look into this, at first glance it looks as though it will do the N1MM+ logger software but not sure if it will do the WSJT-X. 

Hopefully someone else may have an insight.

Cheers fella Smile
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X   N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 7:19 pm

Hi Wade,

I've seen digital modes run on laptops by using it's internal mic and turning the radio up, not very efficient but works Wink

Better still would be an external USB soundcard for the laptop and hook the audio direct, they can be had for a fiver or so on eBay. WSJT-X has a myriad of features and settings so should be a case of experimenting to get the sound interface working.

Of course there are expensive interfaces available which would make interfacing apparently simpler but most are just the USB soundcard and CAT interface in one box.

So it should be a case of a simple USB CAT lead for N1MM, USB soundcard for WSJT-X, audio leads and job's a good'un.

You may have to play around with settings to get everything working but I'm told that apparently it's part of the fun. Wink

Anyway, sorry I haven't got direct links for you, (there's a tonne of information available on other forums), but hope that helps.

All the best,
Victor

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Swadeyboy
Contributor
Contributor
Swadeyboy

PostSubject: Re: N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X   N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 7:41 pm

Many thanks for this Victor.

Seems like i have some fun times ahead Shocked

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
43CT016
Major contributor
Major contributor
43CT016

Call Sign : 43-CT-016
Times Thanked : 22
QTH or Location : Perth
Equipment Used : iCom IC-7610/IC-9700/IC-705

PostSubject: Re: N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X   N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 9:07 am

Can't help on the radio, but I do run WSJT-X with N1MM+ logger at the same time.  I use a custom ini file for N1MM+ for when I want to run it with WSJT-X, and have two different desktop shortcuts - one pointing to the WSJTX configured ini file, and another using a different file for native connectivity to the radio, as that way I don't have to keep changing configs given both programs woudl use the same COM port for CAT otherwise.

When I'm just using it to log SSB contacts, it's simple CAT control via (In my case) a USB cable.

When WSJT-X is using that COM port for CAT, I use the networking options (UDP port) in both WSJT-X and N1MM+ so that when you accept a log entry in WSJT-X, you'll see it pop up in N1MM+. 

There are other options with virtual COM port "splitters", and the like, but given you have the networking options for logging, I found this simpler once I got my head around it.

Victor and Swadeyboy like this post

Back to top Go down
richf
Contributor
Contributor
richf

Call Sign : 163-CT-067 GW0HDY
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Cwmbran, SE Wales
Equipment Used : FT450D FT818ND QCX MINI

PostSubject: Re: N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X   N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2020 8:54 pm

I use a FT450D with digimodes and also cat control. Basically I have an interface that connects to the back of the rig and has just a single usb lead to the computer. I use an interface from G4ZLP electronics, the digimaster pro 3, it has a "built in" sound card and incorporates a keyer too. There are various version of interface from G4ZLP.  I believe the digimaster pro 3 is probably the best you can get and comes complete with the correct leads for your tx.However there various interfaces out there, and the basic ones work to the sound card. These are relatively simple to construct and would work with an older pc with sound card.
Initially sorting out the "virtual" com ports was a challenge but there is a lot of help around.
There are 2 other free packages (at least) around that will teach you a lot, with quite a few of the digital modes and cat control. Overall Fldigi with Flrig is my favourite for performane, and there is Ham Radio Deluxe which has amazing Cat control. Initially HRD was free but then sold on and now it is a purchasing job. If you search for HRD ver 5, it was the last free version.
If I can help further down the line pm me.
Rich

Back to top Go down
Swadeyboy
Contributor
Contributor
Swadeyboy

PostSubject: Re: N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X   N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2020 9:19 pm

Thank you Rich.

Very insightful.

HRD is definitely the way forward just a shame it is charged for now. Mind you i suppose if they are charging there should be a decent helpline and support.🤔

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
richf
Contributor
Contributor
richf

PostSubject: Re: N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X   N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 5:35 pm

Swadeyboy wrote:
Thank you Rich.

Very insightful.

HRD is definitely the way forward just a shame it is charged for now. Mind you i suppose if they are charging there should be a decent helpline and support.🤔

Cheers.
I know HRD has to be paid for and I seem to remember that for the first year you are required to pay for support.
It is quite comprehensive with satellite predictions and things like that. The log book is ok and if you use eqsl you can easily upload to there. If you are thinking of gong that way in the future why not google the version 5 which was free and play around setting up the rig control. Lots of folk still use 5.

Back to top Go down
Swadeyboy
Contributor
Contributor
Swadeyboy

PostSubject: Re: N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X   N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 5:48 pm

I have looked for a V5 download but it seems as though they are all blocked now.

I will probably look at the FLdigi solution.
Back to top Go down
richf
Contributor
Contributor
richf

PostSubject: Re: N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X   N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 8:35 pm

Try this

https://www.dxzone.com/dx28789/ham-radio-deluxe-5-24-38-download.html

Back to top Go down
Swadeyboy
Contributor
Contributor
Swadeyboy

PostSubject: Re: N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X   N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 8:40 pm

I looked at this lastnight. Seemed to take me to some dodgy site so i backed out. Will give it a go tomorrow. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X   N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

N1MM+ Logger and WSJT-X
Page 1 of 1