Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» gre 225 radio scanner
Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeToday at 10:10 pm by rabbi

» crt ss 9900
Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeToday at 9:21 pm by John123

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeToday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeToday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

» Anytone 6667
Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:24 am by Julian brian

Keywords
power Baofeng meter 9900 sign chart display yaesu ss9900 2023 supply lincoln 6900 list 2022 Sirio callsign Mckinley anytone call frequency software Mobile antenna president ALINCO
QRZ Database

Call Sign Request

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Magpie

Call Sign : Currently requested
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Merseyside
Equipment Used : SS9900

Call Sign Request Empty
PostSubject: Call Sign Request   Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Hi I'm Peter and new to radio having just got myself some equipment for the first time.

I'd like to request a CT call sign please to enable me to make contact and do some DX'ing properly.

I'm based up in the NW of England but also plan to do some mobile activities at some point too.

Thank you for your help.

Peter
Back to top Go down
Paulie
Contributor
Contributor
Paulie

Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Texas USA
Equipment Used : For Amateur Radio: YAESU FTDX3000 w/Heil PR40 mic, FT450AT w/MD100 mic & FT857D for mobile - Ameritron ALS-600 amp. CB: Vintage Cobra 142GTL w/Turner Super Side Kick mic..

Call Sign Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request   Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 5:45 pm

Howdy Peter!
Back to top Go down
Magpie

Call Sign Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request   Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi Paulie
Howdy partner - Thanks for the message. I'd love to live in the US and enjoy the hobby over there. It seems to be more accepted and more mainstream? I've always thought us Brits try a bit too hard, but I've decided to get into it as I fiddled with radios a little as a teenager and did have an old UK FM rig for a couple of months in the early eighties. I'm currently waiting for a t2lt antenna to come through the post so I can get going, hence why I'd like a CT call sign. Do you have any useful advice or any do's and don'ts that I should consider. Hope this finds you well. Peter
Back to top Go down
Paulie
Contributor
Contributor
Paulie

Equipment Used : For Amateur Radio: YAESU FTDX3000 w/Heil PR40 mic, FT450AT w/MD100 mic & FT857D for mobile - Ameritron ALS-600 amp. CB: Vintage Cobra 142GTL w/Turner Super Side Kick mic..

Call Sign Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request   Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi Peter,

Radio in my part of the US is still going strong, although mostly in the Amateur (ham) space. I'm very active in Amateur Radio and really enjoy its many facets. Low power digital modes provide plenty of DX even in the worst conditions. I also enjoy CB quite a bit. In fact, many of the local CBers are also licensed hams. CB DXers are quite active on SSB, but the low sun spot activity means that you need to be diligent! I'm afraid that I can't make many suggestions regarding CB because I understand that it is quite different (and more professional) in the UK and other places than it is here. I will say that wire antennas always work well and they are easy to conceal. I also recommend that you take a look at Amateur Radio as well. You may get all the enjoyment you need from CB, but if you are looking for more contacts then ham radio would be fun. Like many, I enjoy both.
Back to top Go down
noddy 840

Call Sign : 43-CT-017 C.B. 934
QTH or Location : QLD Rockhampton

Call Sign Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request   Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 5:38 am

hi i would like to request a ct call sign , my call sign is 43 cb 934 in australia i have been a member for sume time . cheers an 73s from gerard 43 cb934 in oz
Back to top Go down
Magpie

Call Sign Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request   Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 10:34 pm

Hi Paulie
Thanks for your message. Your take on things is both useful and informative. I am intending to study and take the exams as I'd like to enjoy ham radio as well as CB going forward. I've been reading a little about skip and the sun cycle and you're right it adds another dimension. Possibly a daft question, but are you able to communicate or make contact with the Philippines at all across the Pacific. If you have had success what band or frequencies were you successful with (apologies if this is too forward a question)? Thanks Peter.
Back to top Go down
Paulie
Contributor
Contributor
Paulie

Call Sign Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request   Call Sign Request Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi Peter,

I took a look through my log book and found about a dozen confirmed QSO's into Japan & Indonesia on the 20 & 40 meter bands in the past year alone. Nothing for the Philippines, but it is in the same general area. I have approx 6,000 QSO's logged in the Amateur bands, with approx 150 countries. When the conditions are favorable, global contacts are easy. (I saw seven into the UK as well.) In addition, I've worked all 50 States as well as all the continents except Antarctica. I really enjoy CB, but the (legal) DX action is on the Amateur Bands. I make my contacts on a wire dipole antenna about 30' in the air. I use phone (voice) CW (Morse Code) and digital modes with my computer. I also operate from my truck (I'm a Texan) and get global contacts with a short whip antenna. Happy to answer your questions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Call Sign Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request   Call Sign Request Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call Sign Request
Page 1 of 1