Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:23 pm by Mr T

» gre 225 radio scanner
Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 pm by rabbi

» crt ss 9900
Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:21 pm by John123

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

Keywords
2022 president 9900 ss9900 anytone callsign software sign 2023 Mckinley lincoln ALINCO display call frequency Mobile list power Baofeng yaesu Sirio antenna meter 6900 supply chart
QRZ Database

Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)

Go down 
+2
GaryWilson
Tommy Black
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tommy Black
Tommy Black

Call Sign : 26-CT-3973
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Scunthorpe
Equipment Used : Thunderpole TX800

Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Empty
PostSubject: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 6:56 pm

Dear Sir 

Tommy Black here looking to request a Charlie Tango Call Sign please.

I am looking to join radio contacts using the modern luxuries of the internet ready for the end of the world. 

Many thanks Tommy Black.
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 7:25 pm

Hello Tommy, welcome to the forum.

Would you be kind enough to put a specific QTH in your profile please. The nearest town or city is required for me to issue you a call sign.

73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Tommy Black
Tommy Black

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 7:39 pm

Apologies Gary I have amended it to Scunthorpe 

(Which strangely enough is also the centre of the Universe)  

Many Thanks Tommy Black

Paddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 9:42 pm

Hello and welcome, Tommy.

73s John.

Tommy Black likes this post

Back to top Go down
StevieG
Major contributor
Major contributor
StevieG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3239 , Jolly Roger 272, 26-TG-987 , 26-RB-060 , 26-CO-3239
Times Thanked : 120
QTH or Location : SW London
Equipment Used : Icom IC 7610, Stryker sr955hpc, Colt Excalibur SSB, President GrantII JacksonII McKinley EU, CRTSS6900N,CRTSS9900, KPO DX5000 Plus, Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2, Cobra 2000 GTL, Zetagi B550p, Bremi BRL200, RM KL200P, KL203P, KL703, Sirio 4000, Sirio 3000 Bull, Stryker SR-A10, Antron99 Fire up , Hawkins Thunderbolt SSD58+ , Sirio 827, Heil pro micro headset, KPO NM532-KPO NM452- Astatic 575M6 Astatic D104 Silver Eagle, Delta M2 , UR6QW 8 Band eq, Uniden and AOR scanner

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 10:35 pm

Hi Tommy, welcome to the CTDX group 
73s
Steve.

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 9:18 am

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to Charlie Tango.

All the best,
Victor

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 4:59 pm

Hello Tommy, thanks for that.

I am delighted to allocate you 26-CT-3973 may you have good luck with it.

73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Paddy
CT Directors
CT Directors
Paddy

Call Sign : 26CT2727
Times Thanked : 54
QTH or Location : Stockport
Equipment Used : Icom 7300. Icom 705, Yaesu FTM400XD and a Yaesu FT70.

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 2:43 pm

Welcome to the group Tommy

Back to top Go down
Tommy Black
Tommy Black

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 3:57 pm

Hi guys I wondered why the group was called Charlie Tango? 

Also the 26 in the call signs? what does that relate too?

Many Thanks Tommy Black

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 5:18 pm

Hi Tommy,

The 'Charlie' and 'Tango' come from the NATO phonetic alphabet for the letters 'C' and 'T'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_phonetic_alphabet

I've no idea why 'c' and 't' in particular, this being down to the founders of the group. It could be a special meaning, initials or other such, maybe even because 'Charlie' & 'Tango' sound good together Wink

The country code prefix '26' means England, 108 is Scotland, 163 Wales, etc. etc. Full list at link below :-

http://www.citizens-band-radio.co.uk/countrycodes

This code sequence was established and agreed many decades ago by the CB radio clubs of the day. Some attribute it to the Italian 'Alfa Tango' group.

https://www.alfatango.org/

They're still running today and have been since 1978!

So there you go, hope that helps.

You can search the forum via the search button on the top of the sites web page as this question has been asked and replied to often. Or you can search the internet for a wealth of information regarding such stuff.

I am more than happy to answers questions no matter if they have been asked before because we were all 'new' once. Just that a search might be quicker than waiting for an answer on the forum Wink

It has been suggested that we hold a wealth of information like this on the site. It would be a repeat of what is available on the internet and I've yet to see a 'volunteer' come forward to collate all of that information it being a mammoth task. However some people do contribute such to the forum and we happily make that posting a 'sticky' or even a link on the site, (see the Q-Code list on the Navigation Box for such an example).

Excuse my waffle, I like to give fuller information than "26 is England, Charlie Tango 'cos it just is" Wink

All the best,
Victor

John123 and Tommy Black like this post

Back to top Go down
Tommy Black
Tommy Black

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 6:55 pm

Cheers for the reply Victor great information! 

I was searching and got as far as 26 is England then I saw the ITU code for England was 27 so I was confused and thought I better ask.

I asked some local guys on the CB the other night and non of them had ever heard of Charlie Tango DX, so I will school them with the above. 

Many Thanks Tommy Black

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tommy Black
Tommy Black

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 6:57 pm

PS. I dead read that a "Charlie Tango" was a covert name for a woman approaching with a "Camel Toe" haha so I didn't know if this was real or jest.
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:29 pm

Hello Tommy,

The forum is named after the radio term: 'Copy That.' We took the first letter of each word and used the phonetic code instead. Hence the name: Charlie Tango.

Victor and Tommy Black like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:36 pm

Yep, heard that one too! Very Happy

It was also the call sign of the helicopter in '50 Shades of grey', so my wife tells me and a certain 'oscillating personal instrument' referenced to the book and film Wink

It's not a problem providing information, I'm more than happy to when I can. As you mention there are many locator or country codes in use so easy to be uncertain.

Apparently Charlie Tango has been running for some ten years but I've only been here a year and a half or so after stumbling across it on an internet search for UK CB. There are many members that have been here all during that time even through website changes. I for one have always been glad, I've got involved, expanded my CB knowledge, became a Ham and have thoroughly enjoyed myself. All of this down to the wonderful members that reside here.

Yes, spread the word, we do welcome everyone with an interest in all aspects of radio.

Above all, enjoy yourself and have fun Smile

All the best,
Victor

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:37 pm

Ah, there you go.

Damn buggers invited me to the admin team last year and I've never been told.

Goes to show that you only have to ask Smile

John123 and Tommy Black like this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 8:12 pm

You know all the secrets now, Victor.😉

Victor and Tommy Black like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)   Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call Sign Request Please Old Boy (Issued)
Page 1 of 1