Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CRT Xenon and other tiny rigs - fan modification
NARSA Rally Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:58 pm by Tiberius

» SW DX Catches 0-30 mhz
NARSA Rally Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:17 pm by FreqFreak

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
NARSA Rally Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:03 pm by VanRougeT4

» Retevis rt23 and PSR 282
NARSA Rally Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:48 pm by Victor

» old WW member (Introduction only)
NARSA Rally Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:19 pm by GaryWilson

» New member returning to cb and requesting a call sign. (Issued)
NARSA Rally Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:18 pm by GaryWilson

» Call sign application (Issued)
NARSA Rally Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:17 pm by GaryWilson

» Amateur Radio is an expensive hobby!.......?
NARSA Rally Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:38 pm by Victor

» Sirio ML145
NARSA Rally Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:00 pm by babis3g

Keywords
sign 2022 9900 2023 ss9900 meter power lincoln display Sirio list president software 2011 Mckinley frequency anytone Baofeng ALINCO 6900 2024 call yaesu antenna chart callsign
QRZ Database

NARSA Rally

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
markA66

Call Sign : 26-CT-1424
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Chester.
Equipment Used : ICOM 7610, YAESU 857D, ELECRAFT KX2

NARSA Rally Empty
PostSubject: NARSA Rally   NARSA Rally Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2022 7:45 pm

Hi All,

Not long got home from the NARSA Rally in Blackpool and I have to say that after building myself up with so much excitement, being the first since the start of the pandemic, i felt a little disappointed. It was great to see some old friends again but, I was expecting to see at least a couple of the lets say, the UK's leading amateur radio retailers, to kickstart the NARSA Rally off in style again.
I know the date had changed so I presuming it caught them out so they couldn't get up there in time. Its a shame as I wanted to see some of the new equipment that has come out these last couple of years. 
I'm hoping next year will see the rally return to its former glory. 

73's

Mark

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 365
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

NARSA Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: NARSA Rally   NARSA Rally Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2022 7:05 am

Hi Mark,

Good to hear about your experience with the NARSA rally and thanks for posting.

I suppose with the uncertainty of the last couple of years, (plus Omicron still doing the rounds), it was going to be a tentative start to it all. As you say here's hoping better things are to come as we get back into the swing of things.

I did notice on their Facebook page that someone had been posting 'fake news' that the rally was cancelled which was a rather poor show.

Well done for attending, these things can only exist if people actually show up for them. (Including the exhibitors! Wink )

All the best,
Victor

markA66 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...
Times Thanked : 70
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

NARSA Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: NARSA Rally   NARSA Rally Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2022 7:59 am

I was in Blackpool for the weekend as well.
Linda told me to go but i didn't bother as it was a birthday weekend for her and other family where there.
Glad i didn't now lol i would have been well peeed off strugeling to get in there only to be let down.
Things have to get better but as said we are not out of the woods yet.
The hotel we had booked called us as we where just about to set off to say they had to close for 3 days due to somebody bringing a "bug" in so i quickly phoned one we stayed in last trip and got the last 3 rooms.

markA66 likes this post

Back to top Go down
markA66

Call Sign : 26-CT-1424
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Chester.
Equipment Used : ICOM 7610, YAESU 857D, ELECRAFT KX2

NARSA Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: NARSA Rally   NARSA Rally Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2022 11:48 am

Hi Alan,

I can sympathise about you having to stay away from the rally because you had to stay on the good side of your good lady even if you gave you her blessing. But if you had decided to go, you would not have had any problems getting in as far as queues went as I walked straight in. Quite surprised really and you wouldn’t of been in there for long as it seemed lacking in exhibitors. I suppose it’s like what Victor said, the virus has completely gone yet so people including the exhibitors a still a bit reluctant to go yet, so let’s hope that next year we will be able to get back to some sort of normality.
Hope you enjoyed the time in Blackpool anyway.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Northern Crusader
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 35
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

NARSA Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: NARSA Rally   NARSA Rally Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2022 1:46 pm

There's only Newark now really worth going to unless you're only interested in bits and bobs for a project or looking for any used kit but even then you'll find the same faces hawking the same stuff they have for years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NARSA Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: NARSA Rally   NARSA Rally Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NARSA Rally
Page 1 of 1