Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» New call sign request
Rant moment Icon_minitimeToday at 8:41 pm by spod

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
Rant moment Icon_minitimeToday at 8:28 pm by Razz229

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
Rant moment Icon_minitimeToday at 4:50 pm by glenn dog

» EU conditions have started
Rant moment Icon_minitimeToday at 4:48 pm by glenn dog

» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
Rant moment Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:47 pm by John123

» new call sign (Issued)
Rant moment Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:42 pm by John123

» CT call sign request (Information requested)
Rant moment Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:40 pm by John123

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
Rant moment Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:13 pm by Razz229

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Rant moment Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:42 pm by Razz229

Keywords
Baofeng ss9900 6900 callsign Mckinley software ALINCO yaesu Sirio Mobile anytone display list 2022 antenna 2023 president frequency 9900 power lincoln chart sign meter supply call
QRZ Database

Rant moment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ghoshy2014
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
ghoshy2014

Call Sign : 26-CT-3796
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Warrington
Equipment Used : SS6900N

Rant moment Empty
PostSubject: Rant moment   Rant moment Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 10:52 pm

just read on another forum like this how this one guy can do nothing but slander the radio CRT SS Force one,

but then i look at all the radio's out there that people in the cb community called rubbish/crap/not worth the money,  then Bam!! Rare!!  more in demand then any other cb radio for collector's, 
all cb radio's in my eye's was the creation of some guy/lady out there that was creative, and actual put there idea in to a working item,

id like to see some of these people who mock/humiliate,

try and make some of these cb radio's including the lay of of the pcb board, componant,mic,wiring,diagrams,package,protective packaging, everything that goes in to the make up of the product marketing,  so when people look at the cb radio's they collected, 

was it worth it, 
was it waste of money, 
was it a bad idea,  
was all you're friend's making fun of how dud it was,
was the radio you bought sold of and know you regret selling it as its worth loads now,
was there a time you thought i aint buying that only to go and buy it,

cb radio's had one job and only one job, 

to bring people together to give them another life line to the real world where they could stay safe at home, and if out mobile and an accident happened where there was no mobile phone signal a means to shout for help to do one of the most brilliant thing's it could do ( SAVE A LIFE)  and that was before mobile phone's, 

that's my rant over,   lol  lol!
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Rant moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant moment   Rant moment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 6:22 am

Hi Glen,

Sometimes it's worth a little rant if it gets things out of your system and makes you feel a bit better about stuff. Quite often though it's a fruitless exercise often leaving you feeling embittered about a particular scenario.

The radio interest means something different for everyone involved usually on a quite personal level and not surprisingly really as we don't have much else to go on. Trying to comprehend anything on a much wider level or from someone else's view takes more skill or understanding than most care to admit.

What is great though is accepting that everyone is different, will often have a different point of view and it's a combination of everyone's uniqueness that makes the world the wonderful place it is. (Wouldn't it be boring if we were all exactly the same!)
It's only when we become confrontational about our differences that problems start to arise bringing unnecessary negativity into our lives.

It's all too easy especially in today's internet connected world to find fellow 'birds-of-a-feather' and join a camp or train of thought similar to your own. Quite often you'll stumble across other 'camps' that have different thoughts to yours but rather than dive in feet first to 'correct' them to your personal thoughts it's often best to just let them have their own and move along.

Luckily here at Charlie Tango we have members from all nations, walks of life, skill sets and even apparent subcategories within fields of interest in the radio hobby. We all do our very best to engender a spirit of all being welcome despite any so called differences actually encompassing the whole radio interest as best we can.

Just as well really because on the face of it we're all actually "strange" people in very much a minority with much of the population blissfully unaware of 'radio' in any shape or form even though their lives are surrounded with it. The last thing we should be doing is infinitesimally slicing that piece of cake of a minority interest even further. 

Enjoy your radio interest as you see fit, enjoy what equipment you have and most importantly let others do the same even if their view or equipment differs from yours.

Is a particular radio worth the money you paid for it? Does it have a 'special' place in the world? Ultimately that's up to you.

Not worth the rant at all really.

All the very best,
Victor

Enginehouse and Alan Pilot like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
ghoshy2014
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
ghoshy2014

Rant moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant moment   Rant moment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 7:45 am

hi victor,    be nice if everyone was the same, at least i would know they had a sense of humour, 

i know every one has there own individuality, to like this rig or car over that, 

i was pointing out that no matter the radio good or bad its the people behind the radio's creation that is amazing, to make a communication device just so people can talk and even save a life,  

how many can say that on there CV, its ok we use them and have preference over the types out in the market, 

but to have the brilliant idea to make a cb radio not only to talk to other people but be a music player and photo display at the same time,  even though it is just AM/FM radio, 

i have seen these radio's now going for over £289 box standard, 
 mine was £170 including postage box standard,  

so to me i imagine if it was exported to have all band's it would surpass  £289.  
but thank you for sharing you're thought's,
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Rant moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant moment   Rant moment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 8:09 am

No worries there Glen and glad you're enjoying your radio interests. Rant moment 1f44d 

Not everyone would imagine having a music player or photo display as a 'must-have' facility on their radio and for many superfluous to requirements. There must however be a market for what some might call 'frivolities' even if just for entertainment values such as CB speakers with flashing lights or LED's atop an antenna. So long as everyone is enjoying themselves who are we to question why.

Heck, I don't see a 'waterfall' display on a Ham radio as a 'must have' getting along fine without one but others swear by them. Then again when I found out I could programme a custom welcome screen on one of my handhelds I instantly did. Don't half smirk when I switch on that radio and it displays my Ham call sign graphic. Smile

Enjoy yourself as you see fit and let others do the same. So long as we're not berating or hurting each other then all's good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
ghoshy2014
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
ghoshy2014

Rant moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant moment   Rant moment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 8:33 am

never would hurt other's feeling's,  

the radio it self gives that kind of feeling where you are stood in front of a display screen that shows different pictures scene of country side or family still shot on a beach, 

so imagine you're in you're mans hub, radio is on 27.555 ssb sat in you're chair with a beer or tea/coffee, the display goes through pictures like a slide show, gently calming you making you relaxed and not stressed, 

then out of no where some dweeb shout's CQ CQ DX calling from italy, call sign is ( i am so funny it hurt's, )  

the bubble burst's coffee/tea goes flying the wife comes out to see what the commotion is only to find you upside down as you fell back in you're chair with shock, and takes a picture and post's it on facebook,
for all you're friends to see that you can teach an old dog new trick's,  lol kidding,

Enginehouse and Tristar like this post

Back to top Go down
Coyote
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 2-CT-216
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Palmdale California
Equipment Used : Base RCI 2950 Mirage, Mirage M75 Amatuer Bi-Linear Amplifier,with a Antron 99 base station antenna, Mobile radio Cobra 29 LTD Classic and Wilson 1000 Mag Mount Antenna, Marko F100 Amplifier.

Rant moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant moment   Rant moment Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2023 2:12 am

I've had people down my choice of radios when they find out what i have, then when i key up they change their tune, i just don't let them get under my skin.
Back to top Go down
ghoshy2014
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
ghoshy2014

Rant moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant moment   Rant moment Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2023 10:45 am

thanks for reply coyote,  when its in export mode i am putting my power mic on the radio, may even put my echo roger beep on it as well just to confuse the hell out people,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rant moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant moment   Rant moment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rant moment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: