Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Starting from scratch but so what?
Trying to remember an old mic brand. Icon_minitimeToday at 9:41 am by Mitch

» Call sign application (Issued)
Trying to remember an old mic brand. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:59 pm by simens2192

» new member introdution and call sing request please (Issued)
Trying to remember an old mic brand. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:29 pm by gavin86

» Call Sign request (Issued)
Trying to remember an old mic brand. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:51 pm by GaryWilson

» Call sign request (Issued)
Trying to remember an old mic brand. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:45 pm by GaryWilson

» Charlie Tango call sign request (Issued)
Trying to remember an old mic brand. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:42 pm by GaryWilson

» New call sign request (Issued)
Trying to remember an old mic brand. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:36 pm by GaryWilson

» Call sign request (Issued)
Trying to remember an old mic brand. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:31 pm by GaryWilson

» Callsign request please (Issued)
Trying to remember an old mic brand. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:27 pm by GaryWilson

Keywords
Sirio ss9900 call 2024 9900 2023 Mckinley Baofeng Mobile display chart president callsign 6900 list software anytone antenna lincoln power ALINCO 2022 yaesu frequency sign meter
QRZ Database

Trying to remember an old mic brand.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Theramist
The_Theramist

Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Chawleigh, Mid Devon
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900, TTI TCB-560

Trying to remember an old mic brand. Empty
PostSubject: Trying to remember an old mic brand.   Trying to remember an old mic brand. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2024 11:36 am

So this is gonna be a vague one.

Back in the day (late 80s / early 90s) I used to have a mic for my rig that had a magnet in the back so you didn't need a clip anywhere. It was black and had a round grill on the front and kind of tear drop shaped.
In my head I feel like it was branded the same as a K40 antenna. 
Does anyone know what the brand of these were or have a picture of one? 
I've been searching for a while to try and find it.

!m!
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Contributor
Contributor
Mitch

Call Sign : M1TCH
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Wigston, Leicestershire.
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-857D, Diamond V2000, Major 3000, President Jackson Mk1 Export, Lafayette AFS-1005, K40 mic, KL203, B550P and Sirio GPE 27 ⅝λ.

PostSubject: Re: Trying to remember an old mic brand.   Trying to remember an old mic brand. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2024 2:16 pm

That'd be a K40 mic then, self charging and needs bits put inside radio. I use one myself, in fact I have several, but if you want one they're fetching silly money on eBay.

Like this?
Trying to remember an old mic brand. IMG-3650
Back to top Go down
The_Theramist
The_Theramist

PostSubject: Re: Trying to remember an old mic brand.   Trying to remember an old mic brand. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2024 2:42 pm

That's the one.

Interesting that it needed parts put inside the radio. I used one on my old Uniden for ages without doing any mods to it.

Thanks.

!m!
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Contributor
Contributor
Mitch

Call Sign : M1TCH
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Wigston, Leicestershire.
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-857D, Diamond V2000, Major 3000, President Jackson Mk1 Export, Lafayette AFS-1005, K40 mic, KL203, B550P and Sirio GPE 27 ⅝λ.

PostSubject: Re: Trying to remember an old mic brand.   Trying to remember an old mic brand. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2024 2:55 pm

Not all radios needed the bits (1k resistor & a small diode), it depended on the TX switching voltage, some radios would just stay keyed up without them, especially rigs with bleeps in.
Back to top Go down
The_Theramist
The_Theramist

PostSubject: Re: Trying to remember an old mic brand.   Trying to remember an old mic brand. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2024 9:47 am

Just been looking on ebay for them. Some gone for nearly £100. 
In all fairness it was one of the best mics I ever used and the mic and the one that came with the CRT seems a bit cheap. Definitely gonna want a better one soon I think. 
Whats considered a good mic these days? Also wondering about a power mic. I'm sure I used to have one those Altai power mics at one point.

!m!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to remember an old mic brand.   Trying to remember an old mic brand. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying to remember an old mic brand.
Page 1 of 1