Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Callsign Request (Issued)
YOTA Contest Icon_minitimeToday at 5:25 am by Victor

» Callsign request (Issued)
YOTA Contest Icon_minitimeToday at 5:19 am by Victor

» call sign (Information Requested)
YOTA Contest Icon_minitimeToday at 5:15 am by Victor

» happy to be onboard (Introduction)
YOTA Contest Icon_minitimeToday at 5:12 am by Victor

» Gettin a CT call sign (Issued)
YOTA Contest Icon_minitimeToday at 5:07 am by Victor

» what was your first radio and antenna
YOTA Contest Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:48 pm by K4RLMORG4N

» Eastbourne weekly FM net
YOTA Contest Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:12 pm by spurs dazza47

» South Coast PMR net report
YOTA Contest Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:08 pm by Victor

» new member, callsign request (Issued)
YOTA Contest Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:21 am by John123

Keywords
Sirio ss9900 callsign lincoln 2022 software sign call Mckinley list president 2024 power 2023 supply antenna 9900 ALINCO 2011 yaesu chart frequency meter display anytone 6900
QRZ Database

YOTA Contest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 83
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

YOTA Contest Empty
PostSubject: YOTA Contest   YOTA Contest Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2024 5:17 pm

Is anyone taking part in the YOTA (Youngsters On The Air) contest today? Or maybe have done on previous occasions? ..It takes place 3 times a year.

www.ham-yota.com/contest

I am only very casually taking part off and on as have a lot of QRM.. a neighbour's child has been screaming all day and have QRM from the sky as we're very close to www.airtattoo.com , so can't concentrate on trying to win anything. Just looking to get a few contacts in the log and work the youngest I possibly can. There's some really very good young radio ops on the bands for this contest.

Youngest SSB contact for me today so far is HA5YD Dora. 12 years old. Have spoken to her a few times over the few years since I got my licence, the first time she was only 9. I remember hearing an adult in the background prompting her back then, now she's flying on her own and doing awesomely.

Youngest CW contact today so far is HA8TA Boti. 14 years old. Rattling through contacts at a speed I was really struggling with.

Been looking out for others I have had in the log previously like HG5YL Doti , but not caught her or many others yet. I did catch HA2LY Lili on 15 & 20m though. ...why are all these up and coming mega contest station operators based in Hungary? lol

Anyone worked younger than 12 today? I have not beaten 9 years old since Dora back in 2021. Any younger calls for me to look out for?

Victor and Alan Pilot like this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 375
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

YOTA Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOTA Contest   YOTA Contest Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2024 5:44 am

Well done on your activities with Y.O.T.A. Neil. YOTA Contest 1f44d 

It's the operators that take the time and have the patience to answer such calls that make it all worthwhile for these youngsters thereby assuring the future of Amateur Radio as the rewarding hobby it can be for so many.

SangueG likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 83
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

YOTA Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOTA Contest   YOTA Contest Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2024 7:38 am

Thank you Victor.

I do enjoy these. Dora's still the youngest I have worked ever, and was the youngest still yesterday. I didn't spot anyone under 12 this time, did anyone else?

Out of 52 people worked two thirds were 25 or under, and half were 18 or under. The last three were all 16, finishing with EA1FDO. I wish them all well and hope they continue with their radio related activities as they get older.

If anyone is interested in joining in the next one, it takes place on 30th December. Hopefully a few CT members can spare a little time to try and work one or two of them. Maybe even get younger family members on the air to have a go...

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Sponsored content

YOTA Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOTA Contest   YOTA Contest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YOTA Contest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: The Amateur Lounge :: Amateur Discussions-
Jump to: