Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:58 pm by GaryWilson

» new call sign (Issued)
FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:49 pm by GaryWilson

» CT call sign request (Information requested)
FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:45 pm by GaryWilson

»  baofeng t1 mini handy users uk
FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:59 pm by Izzi

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:30 pm by Izzi

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:20 pm by Izzi

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:57 pm by micscave

» HF Contacts 15m
FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 10:11 am by VanRougeT4

» CB silver rod as multiband HF antenna?
FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:15 pm by karelgol

Keywords
supply frequency anytone sign call 2023 antenna meter Mobile 6900 yaesu ALINCO chart display 2022 lincoln software callsign list Mckinley ss9900 power 9900 president Baofeng Sirio
QRZ Database

FM scanners. Not much about anymore

Go down 
+20
Mavic2Pro
NUBSTER
Alan - Mirror Man
glenn dog
Tristar
John123
bluebottle
Alan Pilot
airfixpilot
Victor alpha 10
Delta Romeo 1111
m fletch
Pappy Nick
26TC62
Pagan
Road Warrior
gravedigger911
G7JDH
Bobct523
Fred in the shed
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mavic2Pro

Call Sign : 26-CT-4634
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Clacton
Equipment Used : Super Star 3900 (2023),Yaseu FT-450D, Uniden Uniace 200, Audioline PT-341, CRT SS6900 V V7, Astatic 575-M6 Teardrop, Uniden 125xlt, Baofeng UV-5rIII, Malachite SDR, Realistic Pro 2006. Sirio 5/8 Gainmaster, Procomm PT-99

FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM scanners. Not much about anymore   FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2022 9:06 pm

Where I live I pick up 3 cab firms that are still using unencrypted frequencies around 150-170mhz - very interesting on Friday-Saturday nights at closing time. 

I also pick up the local Weatherspoons on a PMR channel, my local Petrol station/food stop - also using PMR and PMR DXer's from the Southend Area on Sunday evenings using burners (i shout out but they canna hear me). 

I pick up the maintenance crew at the Haven holiday park in St. Osyth sometimes – also, what is either the local amusement arcades or a hotel ("the coffee machine/one arm bandit is dead again!!").

During the summer I get to hear the Beach Patrol, Life guards and Coast Guards, along with SO many people using PMR radios on the beach, because the cell-phone coverage is so bad.

I think I have also picked up Felixstowe port sometimes - the section that deals with guiding the container ships in and possibly the crane operators swapping dirty jokes.

Some of the local coastal defence maintenance team use PMR or Business radio and council contractors using CB27/81 FM for setting up temporary traffic lights.

Tim

glenn dog, Victor and Alex728 like this post

Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

PostSubject: Re: FM scanners. Not much about anymore   FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2022 7:49 pm

Here in Finland, many shops use PMR, great fun to listen to them, few shops use digital, but my WILSON scanner picks them up ok.,
Fm scanner still worth the money.

Mavic2Pro likes this post

Back to top Go down
M0ADH

Call Sign : 26-CT-4686 / M0ADH
QTH or Location : North Lincs
Equipment Used : Ft 991 / RTL_SDR / Pres Bill / CRT6900v7 / BCT15X / MMDVM / Multiple Handhelds

PostSubject: Re: FM scanners. Not much about anymore   FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 3:01 pm

There isn't as much as there used to be on analogue FM but there is still interesting stuff around, Military Airband here in North Lincs is good, PMR has plenty of use depending on area, I can hear Goole Docks ( Marine Band ), Scunthorpe United stewards- hilarious !. And if you look at piping the audio into a computer you can decode much of the digital stuff ( not Tetra / Emergency Services ) , adsb / acars , AIS , Pagers etc. Band scanning while mobile can always be fun ( once had a motorcycle trainer telling his learner to be careful of that car in front because it had an aerial on it, it was my car !, he nearly fell off the bike when I answered him Smile . This is a technological hobby and change is the only constant, you have to change with it or get left behind.

Mark CT4686

Alex728 likes this post

Back to top Go down
babis3g
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
babis3g

Call Sign : 18-CT-006
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Corfu Greece, jm99ug
Equipment Used : PNI 6500 & Sirio Boomerang 27A

PostSubject: Re: FM scanners. Not much about anymore   FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 10:43 pm

Still can get few freqs at these old scanners ... They have FM radio to listen Razz  just kidding
Some times i am getting my ez33xlt at the beach (summer times when have free time) listening to fire aircraf such pezetel & canadair flying very low over local fires at hills etc (mainly they use the local airport approach freqs)
The ones not getting much now days, try to catch the ISS at 437.80 & if you are lucky may hear at 145.80 mhz actually the astronaut ... here is one live tracker (out of many) to know when is passing over UK
https://isstracker.spaceflight.esa.int/
i was lucky to catch the astronaut lady with my ezi33xlt
https://youtu.be/_H8jwFszcBY
Here is the Italian lady
https://youtu.be/VhyLh5sGRRI?t=10699
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLwycXZhdgesb28ovl5Umw
Terminator

Call Sign : ( 26 ) CT1178
QTH or Location : ASHFORD , KENT .
Equipment Used : Professional /Military /HF / CB . All types .

PostSubject: Re: FM scanners. Not much about anymore   FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2023 10:29 pm

I am very sad that most of you can no longer here any think on your scanners , But to be honest I am not very surprised because the amount of people that put known frequencies on all the websites for everyone to see , Its a bit of a joke & the people who do this have no one to blame but them self , There are still loads of things to listen to if you know where to look & Have up to date equipment ,  And yes I know most have now gone digital but even some of these have decided to go encrypted because of the same things  happening , But there are still some things around on analogue in some areas for as in the hobby to listen to .

Tristar likes this post

Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: FM scanners. Not much about anymore   FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2023 7:23 am

Hi Kevin. I wonder how much impact people publicizing frequencies has actually impacted the amount of people using unencrypted analogue radio comms. I am sure the ease of use of obtaining listening equipment and sharing of juicy frequencies to listen to has played some part in moving to other modes by emergency services, businesses and phones, but I would think for the main part the move to digital by most was to squeeze more radio traffic into the available radio spectrum and encryption now used because some info really does need to be kept private and confidential. If cheap encryption was readily available many years ago I am sure more services would of used it back then.

You're right, there are things to listen to. I am amazed sometimes the things I pick up on just using the uv5r on the PMR channels and some other frequencies (I am sure some people think others cannot hear them with the info they divulge).

Victor and Tristar like this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FM scanners. Not much about anymore   FM scanners.  Not much about anymore - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FM scanners. Not much about anymore
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Help and Discussion Forums :: Scanner Discussion-
Jump to: