Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:49 pm by SangueG

» CW sidesweeper, new project
CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:13 pm by karelgol

» Swedish Repeater on Ch20 Mid
CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:29 pm by Vasilis

» CRT SS 9900 V4
CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:57 am by babis3g

» Moved from Introductions
CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:43 pm by babis3g

» Mr Macmillan (Information requested)
CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:07 pm by John123

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 8:52 pm by Razz229

» New member (Issued)
CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 7:43 pm by GaryWilson

» 27.555 usb from a longwire
CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 1:45 pm by stephen Gunrunner

Keywords
6900 president software meter ALINCO 9900 chart 2022 list power ss9900 supply anytone frequency Sirio 2023 display Mobile yaesu Mckinley callsign sign lincoln call antenna Baofeng
QRZ Database

CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Haggis
Haggis

Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Manningtree
Equipment Used : None

CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations?   CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 9:17 pm

Evening 

I'm thinking of getting a Crt Xenon as my first Cb. I was looking for a recommendation for what mag mount and antenna I could use on my car to start with?

Thanks

Hamish
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Haggis
Haggis

PostSubject: Re: CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations?   CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 10:24 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
What is your price range Hamish ?, because it all depends really it's like anything you buy more you pay as such the better the quality, saying that some expensive antennas arnt exactly brilliant either LOL also what type of vehicle is it going on  because some newer cars wont except mag mounts as there panels are either made from aluminium or are plastic. which affects the tuning of the antenna
 I was looking to spend about £30 and it is going on a Skoda which I presume is steel
Back to top Go down
Haggis
Haggis

PostSubject: Re: CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations?   CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 6:22 am

Thanks its a minefield for me at the moment. Are there any newbie guides on here so I can find out about setting the system up and all the lingo?
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations?   CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 8:17 am

This is the one i have tucked away in the boot of my 320d.
Just bends round the back seat and sticks to the side.
Works well i think so anyway.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CB-AERIAL-ANTENNA-SIRIO-ML145-MAGMOUNT-KIT-145CM-27-mHz-600-WATTS-CB-10M-11M-HAM/124401247556?hash=item1cf6e46544:g:od4AAOSwAHtc3tLd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations?   CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CRT xenon mount and antenna recommendations?
Page 1 of 1