Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
Antenna recommendations Icon_minitimeToday at 11:23 pm by Mr T

» gre 225 radio scanner
Antenna recommendations Icon_minitimeToday at 10:10 pm by rabbi

» crt ss 9900
Antenna recommendations Icon_minitimeToday at 9:21 pm by John123

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
Antenna recommendations Icon_minitimeToday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
Antenna recommendations Icon_minitimeToday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
Antenna recommendations Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

Antenna recommendations Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Antenna recommendations Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
Antenna recommendations Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

Keywords
2023 6900 Mobile Sirio supply frequency call anytone Mckinley power 2022 software sign lincoln 9900 yaesu list antenna meter chart Baofeng display president ALINCO callsign ss9900
QRZ Database

Antenna recommendations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
darren341

Call Sign : 26-CT-3350
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Wigan uk
Equipment Used : Midland portapak

Antenna recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Antenna recommendations   Antenna recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 8:33 am

Hi All I am new to all this and was looking for antenna recommendations. First I am looking for something I can use on my car, mag mount if possible and not too big as I don't really want it to be too obvious day to day and some of the places I park will be restricted height wise and I would rather not have to keep taking it on and off. Secondly I would like something in my attic, I know it is probably not the best situation but I cannot mount anything on the outside of my house. The Attic is easy access so are there any options that would do for both my needs? Mobile and attic? I remember as a kid I had a mag mount stuck to a piece of metal up in my parents attic but that wasn't the best but I am sure in 30 plus years there must have been some improvements.

Cheers for now!
Darren

Back to top Go down
Alan - Mirror Man
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan - Mirror Man

Call Sign : 108CT233
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : Central Scotland
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900 Beofeng UV5R Yaesu FTDX1200 CRT Micron CRT FP00 Sattelite 2000 antenna ZS6BKW X30 co-linear

PostSubject: Re: Antenna recommendations   Antenna recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 12:13 pm

Having recently returned to the airwaves myself I have tried a couple of the popular antennas for the loft, one was pretty hopeless but the Sirio Signal keeper had me talking to some people locally within a short time of going up. I have got an external antenna on a pole in the back garden in a temporary situation and it is far better than the loft one but if it is all you can have I would recommend the Sirio signal keeper as I had my best results with that.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sirio-Signal-Keeper-Base-Or-Loft-Antenna/173774716211?epid=1081404117&hash=item2875c7bd33:g:~U4AAOSw1kxeIJpJ

Wayne 346 likes this post

Back to top Go down
darren341

Call Sign : 26-CT-3350
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Wigan uk
Equipment Used : Midland portapak

PostSubject: Re: Antenna recommendations   Antenna recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 12:19 pm

Thanks for the info it is really appreciated! I will look it up and do a bit of research but sounds like it was made exactly for my needs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antenna recommendations   Antenna recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Antenna recommendations
Page 1 of 1