Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 3:28 pm by John H

» New Callsign Request
radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:35 pm by Maxander

» MAAS DP-27 dipole antenna tuning
radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:31 pm by FreqFreak

»  baofeng t1 mini handy users uk
radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:12 pm by 26CT1074

» Thunderpole Galaxy 5/8 antenna now operational
radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:47 pm by Lynton

» South Coast PMR net report
radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 am by Razz229

» CT CALLSIGN APPLICATION (Issued)
radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 7:44 pm by GaryWilson

» New callsing request (Issued)
radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 7:38 pm by GaryWilson

» hi, I am Indonesia cb ers. my callsign JZ10JEN ..I want have dx callsign.. (Issued)
radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 6:43 pm by GaryWilson

Keywords
6900 software power call 2022 callsign lincoln frequency list 9900 meter sign Baofeng supply Mobile president Mckinley ALINCO antenna anytone chart display ss9900 2023 yaesu Sirio
QRZ Database

Stolen radio

Go down 
+16
Floydian557
Badger
Lima alpha 1
G6CTX
Howard
fredjones1uk
stephen Gunrunner
Alan - Mirror Man
rabbi
Paddy
kilomike
Victor
Razz229
John123
SangueG
Snowman
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
madgit64

Call Sign : 26-CT-3612
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Bromley
Equipment Used : Alnico and icom 706 mk2g

radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stolen radio   radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 3:01 pm

eBay item number:
Back to top Go down
Floydian557

Call Sign : 26-CT-3293
QTH or Location : Staffordshire uk
Equipment Used : Widebanded Icom 7300 . Lafayette telsat 805b Sirio 2016

PostSubject: Re: Stolen radio   radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 3:09 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAM-INTERNATIONAL-JUMBO-Cb-Radio-Home-Base-Station-3-/203724821746?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 353
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Stolen radio   radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 6:17 pm

It's obviously not the same radio, they have different scratches on them.

73's Gary.

Victor and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Floydian557

Call Sign : 26-CT-3293
QTH or Location : Staffordshire uk
Equipment Used : Widebanded Icom 7300 . Lafayette telsat 805b Sirio 2016

PostSubject: Re: Stolen radio   radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 6:26 pm

just a thought
Back to top Go down
GreenJob
GreenJob

Call Sign : 26-CT-4415
QTH or Location : Marshland St James, West NorFolk
Equipment Used : Midland Alan 42 DS, mini orbitor…..

PostSubject: Re: Stolen radio   radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2022 10:03 am

I know I’m resurrecting an ol (ish) thread and possibly opening old wounds, but my UPS story is also a nightmare.

I ordered and paid for a delivery of a rare militaria item….when I received notification that it had been ‘signed for’ I immediately queried it…after a bit of tooing and froing, it turns out that they had delivered it to a nearby travellers site…..they refused to go and collect it as their driver was “frightened” so they asked me if I’d go…..

….needless to say,I never got my delivery and often wonder what they did with it

Alan - Mirror Man likes this post

Back to top Go down
Denis2865
Denis2865

Call Sign : 108-CT-049
QTH or Location : Kilsyth Nth Lanarkshire
Equipment Used : Kenwood TS 2000/Kenwood TS 570D/MC60 MICROPHONE/RM KL 503/RM HLA 150

PostSubject: Re: Stolen radio   radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2022 7:40 pm

Did you get refunded
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 28
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a CRT Space U, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: Stolen radio   radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 1:06 pm

DISCLAIMER

I work in the same day & overnight carrier industry.

So for a bit of balance and to be fair to the likes of TNT, Rico, DHL, Streetwise, Parcelforce, UPS, Hermes and others. Who have no voice on the forum.

It's not always the carriers fault that something goes missing.

If the sender puts a incomplete delivery address on a package or a bit of paper stuck on with a strip of sticky tape (which then falls off), it can go into the system and then be put into a quarantine area for further investigation. 
If the address cannot be confirmed, if there is no return address and no one calls asking where the package is, it will probably end up in a skip after 3 to 6 months.

If a sender doesn't package something properly and it gets damaged beyond what the carrier deems undeliverable then it gets put in the skip. 
This is made worse if the sender or receiver hasn't asked for insurance because then your out of pocket or you only get a token payment back. 

Let the moans begin  lol!

Ray 
CT 2290 & CI2290

Victor, Alan - Mirror Man and TheReverend like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stolen radio   radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 2:37 pm

The old saying, you pay "peanuts and you get monkeys" applies. I would only ever ship anything valuable or delicate - like a nice radio - using Royal Mail next day track and trace insured, which costs around £25. It's your choice to use a courier that costs £5 with no insurance. I would never post on a Monday or Friday either.

I've lost buyers who want me to use a cheap service, I refuse to vary who I trust to use.
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Stolen radio   radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 3:01 pm

With you there Ray.

I used to work for a mailing agency for a spell and some of the 'parcels' customers wanted to send left a lot to be desired. As you say incomplete addresses, poor packaging, (items wrapped in nothing but a black bin liner!), let alone what used to get sent. Once had a customer moan that some chocolate melted in a parcel destined for Dubai, but they hadn't declared it on the parcel. Wink

To be fair on the carriers I've seen some incredible deliveries, (we used to receive them too), and even once had a pair of motorcycle forks held together with sticky-tape and a sticky label with the delivery address......surprised they survived the journey! (USA to UK). 

But as already suggested you get what you pay for and if you skimp on decent packaging or the proper insurance then you're playing Russian roulette. We used to provide a 'packaging service' as well as insurance and the amount of times customers refused it as too expensive was much more common than you think. Rolling Eyes

Razz229, Alan - Mirror Man and TheReverend like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stolen radio   radio - Stolen radio - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stolen radio
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2