Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
»  baofeng t1 mini handy users uk
North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeToday at 2:59 pm by Izzi

» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeToday at 2:51 pm by Izzi

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeToday at 2:30 pm by Izzi

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeToday at 2:20 pm by Izzi

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeToday at 1:57 pm by micscave

» HF Contacts 15m
North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeToday at 10:11 am by VanRougeT4

» CB silver rod as multiband HF antenna?
North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:15 pm by karelgol

» 10 Metre Summer Challenge 2024
North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:26 pm by SangueG

» MAAS DP-27 dipole antenna tuning
North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:23 pm by madmax

Keywords
frequency sign Sirio 2022 ALINCO antenna meter 6900 president display lincoln yaesu Mobile Mckinley list call callsign chart power Baofeng supply 2023 9900 software anytone ss9900
QRZ Database

North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net

Go down 
+2
Sharpshooter
WanderingEMT
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WanderingEMT

Call Sign : 163-CT-325
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Caernarfon
Equipment Used : Baofeng BF-888

North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Empty
PostSubject: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2022 7:15 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm going to walk up a hill for 8 PM on Sunday with my little baofeng on PMR446 C8 - I should be able to reach southern Anglesey and the birth coast of the Llyn peninsula. I'll put a call out and see if anyone's about, otherwise I'd be interested in chairing a net in my area if anyone wants to jump on and talk to me in English or Welsh. 

73s 163-CT-325

WanderingEMT / D

Razz229, Victor, TheReverend, Sharpshooter and Bryan like this post

Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Deeside, Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2022 8:39 pm

Hi, I'm up near  Abergele at the moment but home Saturday.
I'm hoping to fit my CRT SS 9900 tomorrow if time permits.
I have a couple of UV5R's and also bought Nagoya antenna's. As well as a small magmount one.
Sorry I won't be around but good luck with contacts and hopefully you keep it up.
I'll be up the coast regular hopefully this summer and thinking of trips to the Great orme.
If PMR is successful I'm also thinking of getting a CRT space U for mobile.
Cheers
Nige.

Razz229 and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
WanderingEMT

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2022 10:29 pm

Hi Nige, as it happens my partner lives in Caergwrle so I'm up that way most weeks unless work really busy - I'll try to do a Sunday 8@8 from the top of hope mountain, which should give good reception for you as it's line of site, and hopefully access to some stations in the North West area too. I'm only on a Baofeng 888s until I pass my foundation licence but hoping for some good contacts from hilltops!

Also just looked up the CRT radios... They look pretty good radios for sensible money, and I'd love to know how you get on with them, especially the CB!

Razz229, Victor and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2022 10:52 pm

Thats good as I live in Hawarden/Ewloe but I'm working Sunday nights for the next few weeks lol. 7-7 🙄

But yes, there are a few on here I've noticed. Alan pilot in Anglesey and welshee outside of Wrexham to name a couple.
So we could hopefully get a net going.
I'm just returning to radio since CB early eighties so learning.

Good luck with your ham licence Wink

Razz229 and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
WanderingEMT

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2022 11:00 pm

Hi Nige,

That's interesting, it sounds like there may be a few people about in the area who might be able to pick me up then. It would be good to get a net going either on PMR or CB, though I don't currently have a CB set up, and as my CB dates from the early eighties I'm not confident it'll work without at very least recapping.

Hopefully chat on the airwaves sometime soon!

Sharpshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2022 11:13 pm

Have you watched Ringway Manchester and Fred in the shed on YouTube mate ?
They have some good videos on PMR and sideband CB.
They, amongst others inspired me to get back on the air.
Look forward to some contacts anyway.
The more the merrier and it will be interesting to see how far PMR can be pushed.
Back to top Go down
WanderingEMT

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2022 11:45 pm

Funnily enough it was Ringway Manchester's videos that brought me here.cin one of his videos on PMR he mentioned getting a CT callsign and that's why I'm here. What I discovered here is a friendly bunch of people and a little gem of a community!

Funnily enough I came across Lewis Ringways videos because I watch some WW 2 and cold war history content and came across one of his historical vlogs... Think it was a spy station or something. Looked at his channel and watched some radio content and thought 'its time to get back into this'

I know that the Baofeng can do 10 miles plus from a hilltop maybe more... But that's when you turn them up past half a watt and at that point probably aren't legal PMR;) but I doubt offcom is concerned if I do PMR at 3 Watts on the Baofeng!

Back to top Go down
welshee
welshee

Call Sign : 163-CT-310 ---- MW7DOF
QTH or Location : WREXHAM "CITY" 6KM.. N.E.Wales/english border.
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-890(tune a ROCK-20-10 on a 18' omni) ), Alinco DX-10 . Intek HR-5500.Cobra 148 and my project. GTL-DX. Yaesu 890-AT-HF, , Venom 5/8 wave. Mobile Sirio turbo 5000 pl.and about 3km of wire.

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2022 12:06 am

Count me in if I'm about. We'll have to arrange it.

Victor and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2022 12:21 am

I think the UV5R's are 5watts.
But antenna restricted.
And yes , as long as your responsible these days I don't think ofcom are bothered.
I listen to ham at times but respect it, although I'd like to see PMR and CB take off again because though it can encourage people who want to spoil it through ease of connection that easyness encourages more imo.

There's always going to be someone who tries to disagree or spoil something.
The trick is to work around an obstacle.
Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2022 12:26 am

WanderingEMT wrote:
Funnily enough it was Ringway Manchester's videos that brought me here.cin one of his videos on PMR he mentioned getting a CT callsign and that's why I'm here. What I discovered here is a friendly bunch of people and a little gem of a community!

Funnily enough I came across Lewis Ringways videos because I watch some WW 2 and cold war history content and came across one of his historical vlogs... Think it was a spy station or something. Looked at his channel and watched some radio content and thought 'its time to get back into this'

I know that the Baofeng can do 10 miles plus from a hilltop maybe more... But that's when you turn them up past half a watt and at that point probably aren't legal PMR;) but I doubt offcom is concerned if I do PMR at 3 Watts on the Baofeng!

I think i stumbled on fred in the shed videos through watching home brew videos lol.
And saw his CB videos and thought hmmmm 🤔😁
Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 28
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9800, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 9:18 am

I know from experience that it can be hard to get people to join in when starting a net, but you just have to keep plugging away at it.

Maybe let 'Delboy on line' and 'Simon the Wizard' know about it, post on some of the radio facebook groups and post on Charlie Tango 

All the best and good luck starting a net on both PMR and CB.

Ray

Victor and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 2:48 pm

Well said there Ray. North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net 1f44d

I always love to hear about new nets forming and I wish everyone involved the very best with it all.

All the best,
Victor

Razz229 and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 6:27 pm

Good luck wanderingEMT for tonight.
There's quite a bit of activity on 446,007

Not sure of their QTH but have scouse accents and lots of swearing lol.
Back to top Go down
WanderingEMT

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 6:46 pm

Due to some family stuff that's come up, I'll be on the air about half 8... So keep your radios on and I'll squawk out when I'm free sometime 20:30-2100!
Back to top Go down
welshee
welshee

Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-890(tune a ROCK-20-10 on a 18' omni) ), Alinco DX-10 . Intek HR-5500.Cobra 148 and my project. GTL-DX. Yaesu 890-AT-HF, , Venom 5/8 wave. Mobile Sirio turbo 5000 pl.and about 3km of wire.

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 7:51 pm

Any particular frequency? I'm limited ATM.
Back to top Go down
WanderingEMT

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 8:06 pm

I'm on PMR 446 on Chanel 8 analogue, currently mobile

Back to top Go down
welshee
welshee

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 8:25 pm

I'm on 27.555 Something. Lol.

Back to top Go down
WanderingEMT

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 9:54 pm

I need to get into CB at some point welshee

Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2022 12:28 pm

WanderingEMT wrote:
I need to get into CB at some point welshee

Did you have any luck wandering ?
I was up Abergele again and there are a few on CB. Rhyl, talacre, Snowdonia, even spoke to Blackpool and Lancaster.

Can't hear anything on PMR probably due to being over the brow of a hill in a bit of a dip.
Back to top Go down
WanderingEMT

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2022 12:50 am

Hi everyone, I know I've not been around much here but I've still been out with my radio (PMR 446). I've had a couple of good contacts from north east Wales, and today spent a good 20 minutes talking to Ifan 163-EK-010 over in Aberffraw - 14 miles from my QTH. We were talking about the idea of a regular net in our area... As we were finishing up, another breaker came on from Nefyn - just bought a PMR and jumped on C8 to see if anyone was around! And we were. So it looks like there might be at least 3 of us on frequency for a regular net.

I'm away most weekends until the autumn so it might be a weeknight... Watch this space for more north Wales PMR reports in the not too distant future!

73s all 163-ct-325 Wandering EMT

GaryWilson, Razz229 and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2022 1:56 am

Hi wandering. I did get a CRT space U for mobile, and a Sirio PMR antenna on a magmount.
I've had a few contacts on PMR but I mainly concentrate on CB radio atm.
But keep it up and hopefully we will make contact soon.
Back to top Go down
WanderingEMT

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2022 6:10 pm

Hi Sharpshooter, it would be good to make a contact with you! I'll put a call out next time I'm up on hope mountain! How have you found the magnount?

It's looking like I really need to get into CB, but it's a higher entry bar for me than Baofeng and go on PMR...
Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2022 9:19 pm

Hi wandering, the magmount is a Sirio-145, I mostly use it with a Sirio 4000 antenna for CB.

I won't be on down that way for a few more weeks. Do you hear a lot from up hope mountain?
Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2022 4:49 pm

there is a North West PMR net on Sunday   evenings at 20:00 channel 6.
I made contact with two breakers last night from Ashurst Beacon near Wigan.
Using a CRT space U and a Sirio SU 375 antenna on a magmount.

About 28 miles as the crow flies .
Strong signals and radio 5's all round.

I was too early for the net but did manage another contact again using a UV5R from inside the house.
Although just making the trip.
Back to top Go down
Kaosss
CT Directors
CT Directors
Kaosss

Call Sign : 163CT777, 163RC777 163FB777, JR131, ex 163LR001
Times Thanked : 27
QTH or Location : Flintshire, N Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT2000d, Kenwood TS 2000, Heil mic, 5 ele yagi

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2022 8:31 pm

Don't ask me how I missed this post because I've no idea.
I'm right between Caergwrle and Hawarden so will definitely be able to hear someone, can do any freq
Will keep an eye on here and an ear on the radio
163RC777 ex 163LR001

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net   North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

North Wales (Gwynedd & Anglesey) Net
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next