Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CT Call Sign Request - Accrington
QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:40 pm by Tarot

» New call sign request (Issued)
QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:13 pm by John123

» Greetings from Fife, New call sign request (Issued)
QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:06 pm by John123

» Intruduction & call sign request (Issued)
QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:05 pm by John123

» 11m conditions
QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:50 pm by glenn dog

» HF Contacts 15m
QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:42 am by SangueG

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 8:28 pm by Razz229

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 4:50 pm by glenn dog

» EU conditions have started
QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 4:48 pm by glenn dog

Keywords
ss9900 Sirio 2022 software president Baofeng 2023 meter lincoln call power yaesu display 9900 chart ALINCO callsign Mckinley supply anytone antenna sign frequency list Mobile 6900
QRZ Database

QRZ.COM updating log.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

QRZ.COM updating log. Empty
PostSubject: QRZ.COM updating log.   QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 8:58 am

Anybody having problems updating there log.
I normally upload the ADI file and job done.
Tried yesterday and again today and it goes through the motions says updated but nothing is added to my log.
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: QRZ.COM updating log.   QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 11:00 am

Flipping 'eck Alan mate.....remind me not to try and be too helpful in future will you.

Spent nearly 40 mins scanning the bands to work some FT4/8 so I could get a log entry to check out QRZ!
(Weekends can be silly and most don't like being worked a second time?!?)

Finally got one, (Germany - new grid), on 17m so I could do a log upload..... All fine here. QRZ.COM updating log. 1f44d
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: QRZ.COM updating log.   QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 11:51 am

Did you enter it manually Victor.
I use the iport/export tools tab o the right under he word "Book"..
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: QRZ.COM updating log.   QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 12:26 pm

Sorted it out now.
Friday i decided to turn the power down as low as it would go.
In my ft4/8 program JTDX i added /QRP on my callsign.
Just taken it off as a test and bingo back to normal.
Only had 100+ contacts lol but lost for ever now.
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: QRZ.COM updating log.   QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 12:28 pm

Stops PSK-reporter working as well derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: QRZ.COM updating log.   QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2022 3:42 pm

Ahh, that'll do it. Wink

I think you need to add a call with QRZ for it to recognise a now 'new' call and sure there must've been loads affected with their 'Q' special event Jubilee call signs.

Never mind Alan, lesson learned.

I upload all mine via the import function but that has prodded/reminded me I need to sort out some logging software for SSB contacts.

I don't even run JT Alert! 
(Should do, what with a new laptop and all.......only just got used to Windows again after my years on Linux!)
Back to top Go down
43CT016
Major contributor
Major contributor
43CT016

Call Sign : 43-CT-016
Times Thanked : 22
QTH or Location : Perth
Equipment Used : iCom IC-7610/IC-9700/IC-705

PostSubject: Re: QRZ.COM updating log.   QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 12:25 am

Alan Pilot wrote:
Sorted it out now.
Friday i decided to turn the power down as low as it would go.
In my ft4/8 program JTDX i added /QRP on my callsign.
Just taken it off as a test and bingo back to normal.
Only had 100+ contacts lol but lost for ever now.

Just edit the ADIF file and take the /QRP out, then re-upload.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: QRZ.COM updating log.   QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 5:53 am

Nice straight forward suggestion from Jeff there for you Alan. 

Just make sure you back up your ADIF first!!!

Wanted to ask if you were adding /QRP not only for the low power working but to 'reinvigorate' your FT4/8 contacts?
(Only because I've spotted quite a few /QRP calls recently.)
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: QRZ.COM updating log.   QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 6:29 am

Jeff
Thanks for the suggestion i did do that but didn't think to report back i should have done.
Victor
The qrp came about from my m8 who does it as well.
We both turned our power down as low as it would go to see where we got.
Me at 65ft ASL and him at 1000ft ASL.
Then i like you spotted a station with qrp at the end so i thought i would give it ago lol.
And the ret is history but i did get more contacts than him lol.
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: QRZ.COM updating log.   QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 7:19 am

I guessed you'd have already thought about editing your ADIF Alan but still a great suggestion by Jeff nonetheless for those that may not know.

Well done setting challenges to keep up the interest especially low end QRP. I've been impressed with what you can do with 10 Watts and often turn down to five to see if it makes much of a difference.

Been having fun myself watching the waterfall after setting the colours to 'banana' and seeing propagation fade in and out. If you time it just right you can catch a station as their signal comes up with just enough time to bag a contact. If that fails I'll often send them the report cycle again during the fades to be able to compete the QSO cycle. That seems to help with those that stick to the 'three attempts' scenario as well, when they drop back to CQ you simply send the report again as another attempt. (Not all appreciate it though!)

Still not bagging Stateside here though despite PSKReporter showing reception reports from my signals over there(?)

Perhaps I need to upgrade my lawnmower lead? 

Nah, need a volunteer, the missus doesn't want to go back up in that loft and I still haven't explored everything it can do yet. Wink

Oh, talking FT modes and QRZ - what is it with ops transmitting grid squares that don't match their QRZ? Must have quite a few 'fails' from mismatch logs now. Then there's the Windows notification sounds coming through transmissions, the splatter from overdriven transmissions, the persistent CQ's without response from call backs, the pirate calls.........All part of the 'fun' I suppose. (We were after all 'new' to it once.)

Considering it's all supposed to be a 'sterile' mode of impersonal computer transmission I've been getting some nice mailings as well as comments in the log responses. Great to get a QSL card, a thank you, (got one for working a station multi-band), or even comments about working FT757 to FT757 and one op firing up FT8 on an old FT101zd. 

Not as 'impersonal' as it all first seems.  QRZ.COM updating log. 1f44d
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: QRZ.COM updating log.   QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 8:29 am

The grid thing i don't know but when i first started QRZ had mine wrong no idea why and i don't remember putting the wrong one in but then you know what my memory is like lol.
Mailings just had one this morning from a station in Switzerland.
He was asking about the cobwebb.
He had worked out it was from Poland like his and he wanted to know how mine worked local.
He said mine was at 4m while his was at 14.5m and thinking as they where tested and setup at 4m was his to high.
I told him mine was no good local and the height of 4m was just where it landed.
Stateside i find if the cobwebb is not turned with the box pointing at the telegraph pole i don't get them the same but it is not supposed to be directional (i know the pole don't move but the cobwebb does turn lol tie wrapped to the swing ).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QRZ.COM updating log.   QRZ.COM updating log. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QRZ.COM updating log.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: The Amateur Lounge :: Amateur Discussions-
Jump to: