Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
»  baofeng t1 mini handy users uk
South Wales pmr446??? Icon_minitimeToday at 2:59 pm by Izzi

» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
South Wales pmr446??? Icon_minitimeToday at 2:51 pm by Izzi

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
South Wales pmr446??? Icon_minitimeToday at 2:30 pm by Izzi

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
South Wales pmr446??? Icon_minitimeToday at 2:20 pm by Izzi

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
South Wales pmr446??? Icon_minitimeToday at 1:57 pm by micscave

» HF Contacts 15m
South Wales pmr446??? Icon_minitimeToday at 10:11 am by VanRougeT4

» CB silver rod as multiband HF antenna?
South Wales pmr446??? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:15 pm by karelgol

» 10 Metre Summer Challenge 2024
South Wales pmr446??? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:26 pm by SangueG

» MAAS DP-27 dipole antenna tuning
South Wales pmr446??? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:23 pm by madmax

Keywords
6900 callsign chart display Baofeng Sirio anytone ALINCO president 2022 power lincoln antenna frequency Mobile meter software supply list sign call 2023 ss9900 Mckinley 9900 yaesu
QRZ Database

South Wales pmr446???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ajlloyd80
ajlloyd80

Call Sign : 163-CT-334
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Bridgend.
Equipment Used : Baofeng uv-5r, SS6900n

South Wales pmr446??? Empty
PostSubject: South Wales pmr446???   South Wales pmr446??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2022 11:30 pm

Any nets around the bridgend area on pmr446?
Have been listening out for couple weeks but not heard any radio talk in the evenings.
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

South Wales pmr446??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: South Wales pmr446???   South Wales pmr446??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2022 9:56 am

Hi Adam,

It's a shame that you haven't heard any PMR activity in your area because I know other areas are quite busy.

That being said you can have the power to change all of that............

You could call out for the 8@8 every Sunday regular as clockwork as you never know if one day someone may be listening out. It's amazing how many listen for signals rather than transmitting themselves and you could have a whole bunch of people listening never knowing each other was there!

You could 'press gang' some friends or colleagues to fire up some PMR gear, simple cheap walkies do the job but do remember that most gear only has a short distance range of maybe several miles.

I've seen people in the past set up Facebook groups for such radio activity but although we get postings announcing them we rarely hear whether they were a success or not.

Of course you could move onto other areas of radio interest but it can start costing money. CB radio on the face of it seems a cheaper option but I know that with a little bit of study and less than £30 you can take your Foundation Amateur Radio examination. Once that's done you can legally transmit on the 2m/70cm frequencies available on your Baofeng and they're definitely way more busy with repeaters extending the range of even low powered transceivers much further afield.

The latter is something I myself progressed with as well as many other CT members here and pretty sure a lot of other people up and down the country too.

It's up to you and I wish you well with your radio interests and adventures.

All the best,
Victor

ajlloyd80 and Steve k like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC

South Wales pmr446???
Page 1 of 1