Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CB Radio Featured in Film and Tv
So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeToday at 9:41 am by Razz229

» crt ss 9900
So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeToday at 8:52 am by stealth 57

» South Coast PMR net report
So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeToday at 8:14 am by Razz229

» what was your first radio and antenna
So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeToday at 5:21 am by Numenius

» Help needed
So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeToday at 5:13 am by Numenius

So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:23 pm by Mr T

» gre 225 radio scanner
So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 pm by rabbi

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:25 am by Mike90

Keywords
anytone lincoln yaesu 2022 Sirio supply display chart list sign software president ALINCO call Mckinley 6900 frequency meter ss9900 antenna Mobile Baofeng power 9900 2023 callsign
QRZ Database

So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas?

Go down 
+4
peewee norfolk
SangueG
Victor
Revo Mikey
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Revo Mikey

Call Sign : 163-CT-350 / Gasman
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : South Wales, Pontypridd
Equipment Used : Harrier cbx, ss6900v, thunderpole t800, team euro 3100

So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Empty
PostSubject: So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas?   So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2023 9:25 pm

Merry Christmas everone

I thought this might be an interesting thread, we do this on some of the model car forums I frequent.

I'll start, didn't get anything myself but brought my son into the hobby, bought him a thunderpole t600 and power supply for his bedroom.

Anyone else?

Victor, Alan Pilot, SangueG and Red Rooster LN-4614 like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas?   So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2023 5:04 am

Hi Mike,

Hope you had a good Christmas. So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? 1f44d 

No spangly new rig or anything received from Santa for me (must've been on the naughty list Wink ) but did get a few radio accessories and radio related items. Nothing fancy, a battery eliminator for my Ailunce HD1 handy, a power supply adapter with handy USB charging ports also some 'Ham' radio related items like a T-shirt and some tin signs for the shack. (Goes to show that family knows what I like. Smile )

I still think the best early 'Christmas' present was the Ofcom decision to start allowing Ham operators at any licence level supervisory privileges which should come into affect Feb 2024. My grandson is chomping at the bit to have a go at Amateur Radio after enjoying a bit of CB & PMR action.

I hope your son enjoys your gifts and enthuses him into the hobby interest.

Look forward to what others will post.

Victor

Alan Pilot, SangueG, DerekF, Red Rooster LN-4614 and Revo Mikey like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas?   So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2023 5:34 am

Very few gifts received this way this year of any type. We were pretty stern with our own children, who are adults, in the lead up to Christmas to keep their money this year and not go spending on us as they need it for more important things in life. Sounds a tad Grinchy I know, but I think it's helped them out a lot. Still, I did receive an A4 sized radio log book, which is very useful as I scribble a lot down when I am listening.

Victor, DerekF, Red Rooster LN-4614 and Revo Mikey like this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
peewee norfolk
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
peewee norfolk

Call Sign : 26-CT-4879 / M7PCA
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : North Walsham, JO02QU
Equipment Used : FT1000MP !!!!!!binatone 5*,alinco dx10 135,sirio4000,silver rod,G5RV,beofeng 17 pro max, X30 duel 2m/70cm,full size G5RV, TS120v,soon new toy

PostSubject: Re: So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas?   So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2023 9:25 am

Well the big man forgot to leave the ft991a, think one of the elf's took a fancy to it lol, but I am getting a more code decoder / trainer if it ever comes think the big man ran out of solder as that busy.
Only thing radio related sort of is new ear pads and band for my headphones, think Santa is dropping the ft991a of at the Easter bunny's on his way home.....

Victor, DerekF and Red Rooster LN-4614 like this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas?   So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2023 9:40 am

I got a very expensive set of electricians tools of my lad.
Don't know what he thinks i doo in my shack ??.
Linda said he got the idea the other week when i was in the house and looking for a small screwdriver to open a plug lol.

Back to top Go down
RC Pilot

Call Sign : 2-CT-166
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Equipment Used : Cobra 29 LTD Classic Radio

PostSubject: Re: So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas?   So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2023 1:01 pm

I think I’m on to something. Our weather in Eau Claire, Wisconsin was in the mid 50’s on Christmas Day and no snow on the ground. I’ve never seen this in the 5 years I’ve lived here. So instead of leaving the traditional milk & cookies for Santa. This year I left him a cold beer and cheese curds. It paid good dividends. 

This year he left me a new Radioddity QT40 10 meter radio. Also a 10 meter and 11 meter Double Bazooka Radiowavz Antenna. Now it’s time to do a little rearranging and get things up and running. I’d like to give a special thanks to Mrs. Claus 🤶

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas 🎁🎄
God bless,
Jeff “Hoosier Homie” Stone
santa

Back to top Go down
Coyote
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 2-CT-216
QTH or Location : Palmdale California
Equipment Used : Base RCI 2950 Mirage, Mirage M75 Amatuer Bi-Linear Amplifier,with a Antron 99 base station antenna, Mobile radio Cobra 29 LTD Classic and Wilson 1000 Mag Mount Antenna, Marko F100 Amplifier.

PostSubject: Santa brought me?    So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2023 8:12 pm

I guess Santa realized just how cold the shack was, he brought me a propane tank and a heater for the shack So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? 17036210

Victor and Revo Mikey like this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas?   So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2023 6:37 am

Coyote wrote:
I guess Santa realized just how cold the shack was, he brought me a propane tank and a heater for the shack 
Hope you have a CO alarm in there.
I had a gas heater in mine but the numbers went sky high unless i had the door open slightly witch defeated the point of the heater.
I fitted a cheep Chinese diesel heater last winter best thing i have ever done.
Recently replaced it for one that has a proper thermostatic control and over the last 2 weeks it has used 6ltr of kerosene at 85p a ltr.
Heater is on for around 10 or 11 hours a day 7 days a week.

Victor and Revo Mikey like this post

Back to top Go down
Coyote
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 2-CT-216
QTH or Location : Palmdale California
Equipment Used : Base RCI 2950 Mirage, Mirage M75 Amatuer Bi-Linear Amplifier,with a Antron 99 base station antenna, Mobile radio Cobra 29 LTD Classic and Wilson 1000 Mag Mount Antenna, Marko F100 Amplifier.

PostSubject: Re: So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas?   So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2023 5:25 pm

Alan Pilot wrote:
Coyote wrote:
I guess Santa realized just how cold the shack was, he brought me a propane tank and a heater for the shack 
Hope you have a CO alarm in there.
I had a gas heater in mine but the numbers went sky high unless i had the door open slightly witch defeated the point of the heater.
I fitted a cheep Chinese diesel heater last winter best thing i have ever done.
Recently replaced it for one that has a proper thermostatic control and over the last 2 weeks it has used 6ltr of kerosene at 85p a ltr.
Heater is on for around 10 or 11 hours a day 7 days a week.
Yeah i do have a CO2 sensor, also plenty of fresh air, shack is small enough that i can leave the door cracked open and still stay warm.

Victor, Alan Pilot and Revo Mikey like this post

Back to top Go down
Telstar
Telstar

Call Sign : 26-CT-3520. Foundation & Intermediate Ham
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Telford, Shropshire
Equipment Used : Uniden 200. SS6900N, Yaesu FT8900, Alinco DX77E, Alinco DX70

PostSubject: Re: So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas?   So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 3:41 pm

A 12v soldering iron Smile

Revo Mikey likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas?   So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So what radio equipment did the big man bring this Christmas?
Page 1 of 1