Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeToday at 11:23 pm by Mr T

» gre 225 radio scanner
Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeToday at 10:10 pm by rabbi

» crt ss 9900
Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeToday at 9:21 pm by John123

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeToday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeToday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

Keywords
software anytone supply 9900 president frequency ss9900 call callsign list power meter Baofeng 2023 ALINCO 6900 Sirio chart 2022 Mckinley antenna display Mobile yaesu lincoln sign
QRZ Database

Monitoring your own station from afar or local

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Monitoring your own station from afar or local Empty
PostSubject: Monitoring your own station from afar or local   Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 7:41 am

i use this to check out quality of transmission.
Fine tune voice echo if you use.
Check out frequencie lock.
Check out DX direction.
Check out bandwidth.
Can compare how good your receive is.
Confirms you rig actually getting out when you wondering why no one is answering! 😋
Actually very good to run side by side with rig because you can see whole band because its a spectrum analyser so you can jump straight to activity when you see it.
Couple of stations near me with excellent antennas up.
I was surprised how far i kick out on a junk homebase antenna and lowest power setting.
http://rx.linkfanel.net/

Monitoring your own station from afar or local Screen14
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monitoring your own station from afar or local   Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 7:42 am

Monitoring your own station from afar or local Screen15
Monitoring your own station from afar or local Screen16
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monitoring your own station from afar or local   Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 7:47 am

Me on 1 watt and biscuit tin. 😇Monitoring your own station from afar or local Screen17
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monitoring your own station from afar or local   Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 7:53 am

Also America is crazy when skips up
You should hear them ranting on. My favourite is Atlanta, Georgia.
Vintage 70s.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monitoring your own station from afar or local   Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 9:36 am

Another one i use for listening Roma stations.
https://www.romasdr.com/
Monitoring your own station from afar or local Screen18
Monitoring your own station from afar or local Roma10
Back to top Go down
Keats.

Call Sign : 26-CT-3747
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : London
Equipment Used : None yet

PostSubject: Re: Monitoring your own station from afar or local   Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 3:06 pm

That all looks very technical brother.
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Monitoring your own station from afar or local   Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 10:01 pm

Good info there Pat.

I've also used websdr to find SDR radio stations and most sites can also run from your phone. Even when away from my radio I check out the G0XBU receiver and see if any propogation comes up on 27MHz.

It also comes in handy if you don't seem to be getting through a DX call. You can choose a receiver near there location and hear if they're getting a pile-up at their end.

Radio Hams have been using this sort of stuff for years, but what makes me laugh is when they're giving each other 5/9 reports via SDR stations ?!?!?! Very Happy

Nice post mate.

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC

PostSubject: Re: Monitoring your own station from afar or local   Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 10:10 pm

One day i was over on the US servers, last year, skip was up crazy in the US. 10s of thousands on there, going crazy all across every channel all over the US on multiple servers.
I was sitting in the US DX channel somewhere up in the 30s, listening to this group, then this guy says out my location and name and says welcome to the SDR channel.
Im like what the heck, hows he done that. Turns out it was his Kiwi SDR server and he could see me logged into the stats panel. Very surreal.
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Monitoring your own station from afar or local   Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 10:29 pm

Ha, Ha! Very Happy
Yeah, some even have chat boxes as well as stat panels. 

It's all fair enough, but I miss the old days when you were listening to say a Ham QSO rag chew and as they signed off they'd give a thanks etc. to the SWLs, (shortwave listeners). No way of knowing who's listening but the possibility was enough for an acknowledgment to be given. As an SWL it used to make me smile.

Heck, even commercial radio stations would send cards or gifts if you sent them a listeners report.

Happy days.....old fart I am Wink
Back to top Go down
26WK007

Call Sign : 26WK007
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Sheffield. South Yorkshire
Equipment Used : Kenwood TS-870. MC-85 Mike. Silver Rod 5/8 wave

PostSubject: Re: Monitoring your own station from afar or local   Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:13 pm

Great Find Thanks
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Monitoring your own station from afar or local   Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 6:56 am

Hi Martin,

Try the following link :-

G0XBU web sdr

It should pop up looking like a radio at the moment, controls and frequency at the top with a waterfall display underneath.
I know it works well with Firefox, Safari and Chrome Web browsers but I don't use Windows so can't vouch for Explorer.

If it ever 'freezes' you should be able to hit the refresh button on the browser to get it started again.

It's the one I use most of the time to monitor freeband activity in the UK to check propogation.

It's "oop north like" so you can drop in and listen to local breakers up there, (be prepared for the UK 19 DJ's and the effing/effing/effing/told you so kind of chat Wink)

It even has a stripped down 'mobile' version that will run on tablets and smart mobile phones! Smile
That's how I tend to use it so I can take a quick look and see if any foreign stations are coming over when I'm away from the radio.

There's other bands available too if you fancy listening to the 'dark side', ahem, Ham bands Wink Very Happy

Know what you mean though mate, all a little confusing if you've not used it.
You're right in that you can get USB dongles and boxes that plug into your computer and run software to listen. It's like having a communication receiver hooked up to the PC, but you'll still need antennas and other such to get it to work properly. Even then the cheaper/smaller units don't work as well as a 'proper' radio.

The 'web sdr' versions are a little better especially the kind I've linked to. Someone else has the USB box, usually a better/expensive version and often know what they're doing with decent antenna setups etc. You just pop on the web address and listen to your heart's content.
Unfortunately not all are set up as well, (like the Kiwi SDR versions mentioned above), poor antennas, poor reception, heck you could stick out a wet finger from your window and get better reception Wink

When you suss that one it shouldn't take you long to suss out the others too.
Then you can click around the map on the webSDR site and listen to breakers around the world. I often log into the USA sites and listen to the breakers over there knowing the solar skip is heading towards us and I'll be able to talk to them directly once again! Smile

If you get stuck Martin, feel free to give me a shout. I'm damned sure if this old fart can suss it then anyone can Very Happy

All the best.

NUBSTER likes this post

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Monitoring your own station from afar or local   Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 8:59 am

No worries Martin.

If you go to the webSDR site, (link below), then you can type in say 27.5MHz on the frequency box at the top.

WebSDR

That way you'll see a list of receivers around the world with the links, but you can also view a map at the bottom of the page.
The ROMA2 Italian site is on that list, probably the one you use? Always handy if you want to check if they've got a pile-up at their end but also handy to see if your transmission gets there too! Smile

Unfortunately there isn't a huge amount of listening stations for CB frequencies, more Ham based but still good.

Anyway mate, have fun Smile

NUBSTER likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monitoring your own station from afar or local   Monitoring your own station from afar or local Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monitoring your own station from afar or local
Page 1 of 1