Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Antenna Advice.....?
Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeToday at 5:12 am by Victor

» First dx in 40 plus years
Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 pm by John123

» 10m dxcc ......
Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:40 am by peewee norfolk

» Multimode mobile antenna
Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

» had a change around
Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am by SangueG

» Back Again (Returning Member)
Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2024 8:34 pm by John123

Keywords
list ALINCO sign president ss9900 call meter Sirio anytone callsign power 6900 supply Mobile yaesu lincoln 2022 chart frequency display Mckinley software 9900 Baofeng 2023 antenna
QRZ Database

Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video

Go down 
+3
John123
Red Fox
Victor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Empty
PostSubject: Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video   Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 9:19 pm

Hi all,

FredInTheShed has produced another great video aimed at those coming back to CB and I just had to share it Smile

We've had a lot of newcomers and those coming back to CB requesting call signs in recent months and whilst it's obvious some have enjoyed it, there may be those left a little disappointed. Fred addresses this nicely.

I know most of us know Fred and love his videos but hopefully those that don't or are fairly newcomers will get some enjoyment from them.

It's a fairly long video, he does admit to having a waffle, (can' see anything wrong with that myself Wink), but worth sitting through.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

All the best,
Victor

John123, glenn dog, 18CT002-Stavros Trip-, Woody, Felix and Model Maker like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Red Fox
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Red Fox

Call Sign : 108-CT-255
Times Thanked : 17
QTH or Location : Fife Scotland
Equipment Used : Squawk Boxes & Wires - Both Annoy the other half :)

PostSubject: Re: Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video   Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 9:44 pm

Ah Brilliant Victor,

It was Fred's videos that got me interested in CB again, including referring to CT where I have picked up so much good advice.

Unfortunately there is a down side to all of this.... Yes, It's cost me a small fortune  Razz

Wouldn't change it for a second though.

Cheers mate

Graeme.

glenn dog, Victor, Woody and Model Maker like this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 145
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video   Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 10:23 pm

Good post, Victor and another great video from Fred.👍

Victor and Model Maker like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video   Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 10:32 pm

Hi Graeme,

Fred's a great bloke and really enthusiastic, especially with his videos. I think he's influenced a lot more people than he realises!
He makes some great pointers such as spending money well on things such as antennas before any thought of linears etc. I always like that his videos are a voyage of self discovery and never once takes an elitist attitude. All great stuff! Smile

I agree, as with any hobby it can start to cost, cash wise & time. But as you rightly point out, so worth it! Smile

All the best mate,
Victor

Model Maker likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video   Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 10:36 pm

Hi John,

Always good to share a great resource and Fred does do it so well Smile

Cheers,
Victor

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video   Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 10:28 pm

I wished I’d watched this early on because it answered so many questions that I’ve asked. For example the biscuit tin etc.... Great video and well worth a watch for people like me who have just come back after nearly 40 years.
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video   Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2020 8:28 am

You should sticky this one Victor.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bovril

Call Sign : 26-CT-3694
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Ruislip, London.
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT2000D

PostSubject: Re: Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video   Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2020 11:14 pm

I do enjoy Fred's videos, all so easy to follow.

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video   Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 6:10 am

Hi Alan,

Rather than 'sticky' the posting I've moved it to a more appropriate area of the forum. Should've really placed it in the media/YouTube section first Wink Very Happy

It seems that despite the apparent helpfulness of Fred's video someone has taken it upon themselves to 'dislike' the postings(?)

Cheers for the suggestion though Alan, much appreciated mate.
Victor
Back to top Go down
43CT016
Major contributor
Major contributor
43CT016

Call Sign : 43-CT-016
Times Thanked : 22
QTH or Location : Perth
Equipment Used : iCom IC-7610/IC-9700/IC-705

PostSubject: Re: Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video   Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 8:57 am

Victor wrote:

It seems that despite the apparent helpfulness of Fred's video someone has taken it upon themselves to 'dislike' the postings(?)

Yep, haters are always gonna hate.

I remember when he did his series of videos firstly asking what a noise was (It was ft8), then how to decode it etc., a heap of us HAMS jumped in to help and explain, but there were the usual idiots commenting too.

What people don't get is he gets people interested in radio, and they either add tot he CB, or HAM ranks, or both, all of which is great.  I just don't understand the elitist attitude...with no-one on air, we won't keep our spectrum.

If you know him personally, tell him to do his Foundation so he can stick two fingers up at the idiots!  Very Happy

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video   Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 9:36 am

Hi Jeff,

Only made mention, (dislikes), because it's a rarity on CT and honestly can't say I've seen one before on here Wink

Yes, I remember Fred's ft8 foray and he dove into it enthusiastically. That's what I like about him, very enthusiastic and wants to share his experiences. Lovely fella.

Shame I don't know him personally otherwise I would be someone recommending him to taking Foundation. He's the sort of chap that would add wonderfully to the ranks of radio enthusiasts!

All the best,
Victor

glenn dog and 43CT016 like this post

Back to top Go down
43CT016
Major contributor
Major contributor
43CT016

Call Sign : 43-CT-016
Times Thanked : 22
QTH or Location : Perth
Equipment Used : iCom IC-7610/IC-9700/IC-705

PostSubject: Re: Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video   Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 9:41 am

Victor wrote:
Hi Jeff,

Only made mention, (dislikes), because it's a rarity on CT and honestly can't say I've seen one before on here Wink

Oh, you mean the forum....sorry, I thought you meant thumbs down on YouTube!
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video   Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 10:09 am

Yeah, there were plenty of those on YouTube too Jeff!

I'll have to remember that the next time I go shopping, to shout out about all the things I don't like whilst picking up the things I do! Wink Very Happy

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
Model Maker
Contributor
Contributor
Model Maker

Call Sign : 26-CT-4242
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Southampton U.K.
Equipment Used : Nill at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video   Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 6:45 pm

Great video.
It is Fred that has fired me up again.

MM.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video   Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming Back to CB - a Fred In The Shed video
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Media gallery :: Youtube-
Jump to: