Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» what was your first radio and antenna
call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:48 pm by K4RLMORG4N

» Callsign Request
call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:41 pm by K4RLMORG4N

» Eastbourne weekly FM net
call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:12 pm by spurs dazza47

» call sign
call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:30 pm by haridas

» happy to be onboard
call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:28 pm by haridas

» happy to be onboard
call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:27 pm by haridas

» happy to be onboard
call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 pm by haridas

» Callsign request
call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:19 pm by Dogma

» Gettin a CT call sign (Information Requested)
call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:12 pm by Victor

Keywords
callsign antenna Sirio frequency 2024 2023 ss9900 power president 2022 6900 software 9900 ALINCO supply call 2011 Mckinley display sign anytone chart list lincoln yaesu meter
QRZ Database

call-sign i dont know what to do!

Go down 
+7
Tristar
Alan Pilot
Captain Fantastic
John123
NUBSTER
Victor
munz
11 posters
AuthorMessage
munz

Call Sign : 108-CT-2014
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Inverness Inverness
Equipment Used : crt ss6900n with sirio 1/2wave

call-sign i dont know what to do! Empty
PostSubject: call-sign i dont know what to do!   call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 10:49 am

hi there im 108-CT-2014. munz. im a little confused. i know who i am but i went to join a group on face book,as i was accepted the guy's pc crashed,came back to me and said "do you want to join and have a name?" "i am 108-CT-2014, i have a name!" "DO YOU WANT TO JOIN? 108rsn240" i thought he is from scotland! "yes" at this point people started to try to pay me " 10eu",then "15eu" lots, im not in this for money, but they posted "welcome to andy from scotland  108***240-andy" do i just walk?

Tristar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 375
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: call-sign i dont know what to do!   call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 11:01 am

Hi Andrew,

All sounds a bit fishy to me mate  Shocked

I've seen many a scam where they want to pay you money and all you have to do is "give your bank details"!!

Personally, I'd walk away.

73's
Victor

John123 and Tristar like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 161
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: call-sign i dont know what to do!   call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 1:07 pm

Victor wrote:
Hi Andrew,

All sounds a bit fishy to me mate  Shocked

I've seen many a scam where they want to pay you money and all you have to do is "give your bank details"!!

Personally, I'd walk away.

73's
Victor
Definitely sounds a  bit dodgy.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Captain Fantastic
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Captain Fantastic

Call Sign : 15-CT-964
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Zurich, Switzerland
Equipment Used : Base: Jackson II + 1/2wave silver rod. Mobile:Albrecht AE 6110 + Little Wil

PostSubject: Re: call-sign i dont know what to do!   call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 1:30 pm

Why would someone pay you money to join something?

I don't 'do' facebook, gave that up about 5 years ago. But it does seem the same with other forums that facebook takes traffic from the original site. Maybe it is easier for some to use that as it's tied in with other aspects of their lives?

I have not been on here long, but do wish there was a little more 'traffic', and it would encourage others to contribute more I think. Obviously I could post more too, and if everyone did, then it would be nice and lively.

NUBSTER and Tristar like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: call-sign i dont know what to do!   call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 2:48 pm

I'm actually glad that I didn't bother with Facebook overall, never really appealed to me.
You do have to be a more more careful as many seem to post every single aspect of their lives without thought of possible consequences. No wonder it's often a scammers paradise!

But, that being said I did setup an account solely to watch the CT prize draw albeit with minimal info and CT as the only group. So far I've had no hassle as there's no info to glean from me. Wink 

I now actually enjoy checking in to CT FB just for the quick snippets and different info available. You simply scroll through until something catches your eye.

I can see the appeal for the 'gun and run' user, simple to post something and simple to respond. Nice, quick and easy. However I do prefer the forum as it's used quite differently with often thought out postings and responses. I'd shudder to think of the forum used the same way with the post and run attitudes as I like the interactivity.

As for traffic on the forum..... I've been known to post the odd little waffle Wink Very Happy

It's the members that make the content here on CT and I think we do quite well overall. 

I like that I check in every so often during the day and there's always something new. From welcoming new members, to trying our best to answer questions and even just shooting the breeze. It's all good!

Anyway, I'd always steer clear of anything that smells even the remote bit fishy. If your 'spidey' senses tingle, leave well alone.

All the best guys,
Victor

glenn dog, Tristar, Arcticbear and irish1957 like this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...
Times Thanked : 70
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7610,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: call-sign i dont know what to do!   call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 4:08 pm

New to facebook myself.
Just went to look for the page on there and joined the wrong forum lol TC instead of CT lol numpty or what.
I think i got it the second time just waiting to be accepted.

Tristar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tristar
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Tristar

Call Sign : 26-CT-3771
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Weston-super-Mare
Equipment Used : CRT Millennium 3v hand sets, President Barry2

PostSubject: Re: call-sign i dont know what to do!   call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 9:05 am

Hi 👋🏻 
I’ve recently dropped Facebook. I haven’t been on it long but apart from getting in touch with friends from my youth at school etc the reactions on some of the pages were aggressive to say the least if you didn’t agree with the main voices on the page!

There didn’t seem to be the openness to discuss ideas and views. 
Maybe it’s me but that seems to be happening a lot regarding freedom of speech and the old agree to disagree!

Not wanting to make it political so I’ll stop there. I just wasn’t happy so I left. 🤷‍�

NUBSTER likes this post

Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

PostSubject: Re: call-sign i dont know what to do!   call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 10:05 am

I was of FB for long time, got bored of it, came back on to use CT page, and stuck to that, all ok so far.
Back to top Go down
Captain Fantastic
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Captain Fantastic

Call Sign : 15-CT-964
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Zurich, Switzerland
Equipment Used : Base: Jackson II + 1/2wave silver rod. Mobile:Albrecht AE 6110 + Little Wil

PostSubject: Re: call-sign i dont know what to do!   call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 6:18 pm

Just remember, "If you don't pay for the product, you are the product"...  Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sydthecat
CT Directors
CT Directors
Sydthecat

Call Sign : 2E0VRX
Times Thanked : 47
QTH or Location : Yorkshire dales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTdx 101d, MD200 mic ,Mosley 3ele Yagi

PostSubject: Re: call-sign i dont know what to do!   call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 9:28 pm

What on earth is Face book ? 

Craig

NUBSTER, Pagan, glenn dog and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: call-sign i dont know what to do!   call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 10:21 pm

Ah-ha! Very Happy

All I can say Craig is......you lucky, lucky bugger Wink

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
John Adkins
John Adkins

Call Sign : 2-CT-173
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Alabama, USA
Equipment Used : BEARCAT 980

PostSubject: Re: call-sign i dont know what to do!   call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2020 1:33 am

I do not do Facebook either. Too much censorship for no good reason other than they do not like what you say.

NUBSTER likes this post

Back to top Go down
Paddy
CT Directors
CT Directors
Paddy

Call Sign : 26CT2727
Times Thanked : 54
QTH or Location : Stockport
Equipment Used : Icom 7300. Icom 705, Yaesu FTM400XD and a Yaesu FT70.

PostSubject: Re: call-sign i dont know what to do!   call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 7:02 pm

I’m sorry I missed the Facebook aspect of this discussion. I’ve been an admin on the CT Facebook group for a couple of years. I was asked because I was always helping people out getting Callsigns etc... especially when we changed from tapatalk it was a bad time on there.

These days to be honest there are not many interesting posts “Glen Dog” and a few others being the exception to this. Mostly it is used to post about upcoming Nets and for posting the logs of those nets. 

The other thing is people promoting their YouTube video’s and channels. So in fairness the group is not what it was.

What I would like to say is that the group is run to the rules of this site I will not allow bullying and name calling in any form.

Sydthecat and NUBSTER like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: call-sign i dont know what to do!   call-sign i dont know what to do! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

call-sign i dont know what to do!
Page 1 of 1