Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CT call sign (Issued)
antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:49 pm by babis3g

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

» Anytone 6667
antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:24 am by Julian brian

» Help needed
antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:02 am by Mighty mutts

» Is FM CB still alive?
antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:26 am by axlejack

Keywords
call Sirio Mobile 2022 sign supply meter 2023 lincoln 6900 anytone Baofeng power chart Mckinley 9900 frequency yaesu ALINCO president software callsign list display antenna ss9900
QRZ Database

wire antenna rope and pully

Go down 
+2
Alan - Mirror Man
rabbi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rabbi
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : m3kbd/2e0kbd/m0kbd
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : stockton on tees
Equipment Used : kenwood ts 2000x ascom 70mhz icom vlf/hf/uhf receivers multiband antennas

antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Empty
PostSubject: wire antenna rope and pully    antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 1:44 pm

hi i intend putting up a pully and rope on the chimny stack so i can use wire dipoles or any wire antenna what type of rope i should use and what type of pully i have strong brackets on the stack thanks for looking still stay safe do radio 73s paul m0kbd  Shocked

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Alan - Mirror Man
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan - Mirror Man

Call Sign : 108CT233
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : Central Scotland
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900 Beofeng UV5R Yaesu FTDX1200 CRT Micron CRT FP00 Sattelite 2000 antenna ZS6BKW X30 co-linear

PostSubject: Re: wire antenna rope and pully    antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 2:39 pm

Sounds like a cracking idea, I have had to look further into wire antennas since the almost immediate complaints came in over a silver rod basically, I have a neighbour, two in fact within a few streets and they have full size flagpoles in their gardens with a selection of flags being flown I notice which are far more offensive to the eye than my poor half wave vertical which only the tip can be seen from the front of the house pretty much.
I managed to pick up a 10M fishing pole second hand (clearly unused) with a wire antenna and Unun for HF but its the wire antenna for 11m I want to give a go with it side by side against the half wave Ringo vertical.
I was now thinking of putting a couple of co-linear's up on the chimney as they fit with the planning regulations, more or less at least.

rabbi and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: wire antenna rope and pully    antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 6:50 pm

Awesome idea! antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  1f44d

I'm going to have a look around at ropes and pulleys now. Wink

Pretty sure the old 'sisal' rope won't be up to job nowadays - who makes it and at what quality?

Para-cord seems to be a favourite, cheap as chips and various colours to be less obvious when installed.

Hmmm, you got me thinking now Paul. antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  1f44d

rabbi and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
morris
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
morris

Call Sign : 26-CT-11111
Times Thanked : 5
QTH or Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: wire antenna rope and pully    antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 8:19 pm

I resently fitted a pulley to my antenna pole for the same reason, both the pulley and rope were aquired from a popular diy store, hope these are of help.

https://www.diy.com/departments/diall-nickel-plated-zinc-plated-single-wheel-pulley-dia-32mm/1521325_BQ.prd

https://www.diy.com/departments/red-polypropylene-pp-twisted-rope-l-20m-dia-6mm/1531346_BQ.prd

all the best

John

rabbi, Victor and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: wire antenna rope and pully    antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 8:01 am

My long wire is on a pully system.
Parra cord and some small stainless pully's from amazon job done for around £18 and still got some of both left.

rabbi, Victor and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
BigTone
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : G8YMW or 26CT4498
Times Thanked : 17
QTH or Location : Lincoln and Finningley
Equipment Used : CRT 9900, Icom 705, Kenwood TS570, Icom 910

PostSubject: Re: wire antenna rope and pully    antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 7:17 pm

Sisal is a fibre made from plants.
Rots easy or did when used on hay bales back when I was a kid.
Go to pick the bale up, finish up with 2 strings in  my hands and the bale still on the grounnd

rabbi and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wire antenna rope and pully    antenna - wire antenna rope and pully  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wire antenna rope and pully
Page 1 of 1