Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitimeToday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

» Anytone 6667
antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:24 am by Julian brian

» Help needed
antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:02 am by Mighty mutts

» Is FM CB still alive?
antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:26 am by axlejack

Keywords
sign 6900 yaesu 2023 ss9900 Baofeng antenna 9900 callsign chart software Mobile lincoln anytone power call display list Mckinley supply frequency president meter ALINCO Sirio 2022
QRZ Database

Help needed with mobile antenna

Go down 
+2
Alan Pilot
gavalar1980
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gavalar1980

Call Sign : 26-CT-4188
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Doncaster
Equipment Used : Crt millennium in car with springer

antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Empty
PostSubject: Help needed with mobile antenna    antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 6:15 am

Hi all just looking for a bit of advice I've bought myself a springer HD and a sirio ml415 both seem to recieve and transmit differently ill be looking at eventually going to ssb wich ariel is the better please as im a little worried about bending the 415 going under car barriers etc all help and opinions will be greatfull
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Help needed with mobile antenna    antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 7:21 am

I have used both and had about the same results.
You won't bend them my sirio is kept in the boot and spends months bent like a banana and the springer when fitted is on the roof rail of a bmw x5 and makes one hell of a noise going in tesco,s lower car park lol.

glenn dog, Victor and gavalar1980 like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Help needed with mobile antenna    antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 8:04 am

Hi Gavin,

Think you've pretty much answered the question yourself really. 

If you get into SSB DX you'll probably find yourself driving to your local high spot and then you can switch antennas to suit. Just remember to switch back before you drive off and hit any barriers/height limits. Wink

All antennas are a compromise really, it's just a case of finding solutions that fit the circumstances.

You can always drive to a high spot and erect the biggest antenna you can muster for DX as many people do but it's not practical to have a mahoosive 5/8ths base station antenna strapped to the car whilst driving. Very Happy

All the best,
Victor

gavalar1980 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sgt Bilko
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sgt Bilko

Call Sign : 108 ct 302 - mm0ibe
Times Thanked : 17
QTH or Location : Prestonpans. East Lothian
Equipment Used : SS9900

PostSubject: Re: Help needed with mobile antenna    antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 8:44 am

Buy bigger and avoid barriers.  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Sirio 4000 or the likes for SSB.

The only barrier i encounter is where i sit at the seafront. I have used there for 35 years mobile ops and a short while back the local council put up a barrier to stop travellers / motorhomes etc getting in.
I'm only half a mile up the road so i just wait until i get there and pop the twig on the roof.

glenn dog, Victor and gavalar1980 like this post

Back to top Go down
Northern Crusader
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 35
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

PostSubject: Re: Help needed with mobile antenna    antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 9:14 pm

The ML145 will bend quite happily and spring back however if you're using a magmount I'd be more worried about that becoming detached.

gavalar1980 likes this post

Back to top Go down
stephen Gunrunner
Major contributor
Major contributor
stephen Gunrunner

Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX.
Times Thanked : 10
QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Equipment Used : mobile 4000hp base A99 radio base magnum257hp mobile magnum 257 standed power

PostSubject: Re: Help needed with mobile antenna    antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 6:17 pm

i use a sirio 4000hp and a sirio 5000 for every day mobile and home base a99 and if i am up high i your t2lt antenna but there is not alot of diff between the T2LT or the sirio antennas if it wet i will not put a antenna in the rain and as the year move into winter it warmer in the car and i hate the dark nights and were we shop there is no barriers so the big one on and happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help needed with mobile antenna    antenna - Help needed with mobile antenna  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help needed with mobile antenna
Page 1 of 1