Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Your Amateur station is unique....but just how good is it?
Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeToday at 7:59 am by Victor

» Giving PMR 446 Another Whirl
Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeToday at 6:48 am by SangueG

» New shack in operation.
Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeToday at 6:45 am by SangueG

» Galaxy Saturn modification ( -5khz )
Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:54 pm by John123

» Static/noise
Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 pm by John123

» President Himalaya wb half wave
Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:45 pm by John79

» South Coast PMR net report
Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:48 pm by Razz229

» 11m conditions
Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 10:50 pm by John123

» Gainmaster 5/8
Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 5:06 pm by madmax

Keywords
list display president yaesu 6900 Sirio anytone software frequency lincoln sign callsign ss9900 Baofeng Mobile Mckinley chart 9900 ALINCO power 2022 2024 meter call 2023 antenna
QRZ Database

Creating my own QSL Cards?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Odin
Odin

Call Sign : 20-CT-555
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Haugesund
Equipment Used : CB in many forms. (HAM is in brewing)

Creating my own QSL Cards? Empty
PostSubject: Creating my own QSL Cards?   Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 12:56 am

I've been searching in the forum, but i get lost in info. Could someone tell me the answer to these few things.

1: can i design my own qsl card? ..and put the CT logo and info on it? 
(Yes i am capable - graphics use to be my profession for some years )

2: do i order through the group?

3: and how the heck do people that send to me find me? And how do i find them????

Stay safe
Best regards
Odin  20-CT-555 //73s
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Creating my own QSL Cards?   Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 6:49 am

Don't think many post them today they send them over the net.
Personally i just email them to the address in qrz.com but you can use E-qsl but they have a subscription for that.

Odin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Odin
Odin

Call Sign : 20-CT-555
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Haugesund
Equipment Used : CB in many forms. (HAM is in brewing)

PostSubject: Re: Creating my own QSL Cards?   Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 4:22 pm

Ok. Good info there.
But is there a official one we should use, or is one made by me ok?
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Creating my own QSL Cards?   Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 4:46 pm

Not sure i think there was but will let our Victor come in with the answer to that one.

Odin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Markone
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Markone

Call Sign : 26-CT-3433
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Hull
Equipment Used : Midland Alan 88s + crt 9900+5/8 gain master

PostSubject: Re: Creating my own QSL Cards?   Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 5:18 pm

hi, LF 11 (log for 11m) has an eqsl section. Set up a new email address, something like your call sign or so and keep it for eqsl only. Then when in qso just ask if they eqsl and take it from there also the big dx clubs run activations and you can go on the club web page put in your call sign and email and get one that way. There is another thread with all the info
regards
mark

Odin likes this post

Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 72
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: Creating my own QSL Cards?   Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 6:24 pm

I am sure it's ok to make your own with the CT logo on, but will let an admin say yea or nay to be sure.

Don't know if these are still available to buy, but I used a online copy of once previously to send as an eqsl...
https://charlietangodxgroup.forumotion.com/d10377113-ct-qsl-cards

Odin likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 361
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Creating my own QSL Cards?   Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 6:48 am

Hi Odin,

We have had similar postings made before about QSLing and the administration team agreed some time back that people were free to be able to use the Charlie Tango banner graphic seen at the top of this forum website.

We are after all a group that is all about helping people enjoy their radio. Creating my own QSL Cards? 1f44d 

There was an eQSL email address facility available at one point but unfortunately this has faltered for the time being, (I had my own Charlie Tango email address once upon a time. Smile) There isn't a CT paper QSL system available and most organisations abandoned them some time back due to inherent costs incurred but people still do send them at their own expense.

Electronic QSL's do seem to be the popular method used nowadays so it's usually just a case of setting up your own email address that you're happy to share on air. This can be problematical with a difficult DX QSO though where you can barely get your call sign across.

Do remember that on your profile here at Charlie Tango, (click the 'Profile' button at the top of the site under the CT banner when you are logged in), you can add contact details such as email and website addresses. That would help anyone  searching for your call sign.

There's been some good suggestions by other members here so I hope you get something sorted out. I know that I personally miss the sound of the postman dropping QSL cards through my letterbox but it has been some decades since that last happened(!)

I would love to see any designs you come up with for your own personal QSL cards so feel free to post any on the forum. 
I'm sure others would enjoy it too.  Creating my own QSL Cards? 1f44d 

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Victor

C.T. Admin.

Odin likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Creating my own QSL Cards?   Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 6:57 am

My first attempt Holy Island (Holyhead).Creating my own QSL Cards? Alan_q13

Victor, Odin and Rjbingham like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Creating my own QSL Cards?   Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 7:58 am

Nice card there Alan. Great view of the island. Creating my own QSL Cards? 1f44d
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Creating my own QSL Cards?   Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 8:15 am

Odin,

Just another thought.....

On your profile you can add contact details, (click the 'Profile' button at the top of the site under the Charlie Tango banner).
There are then several options for 'contact', MSN, Twitter, www. etc. which then appear on any posting you make and your Charlie Tango profile even if the viewer is not a member of the forum or logged in.

For example at the bottom of this, (my) posting you will see several black bars showing 'profle', 'pm', 'email', 'www' and my 'online' status. If you are not logged onto the site you can still see the 'www' bar and this links to my Amateur Radio call sign on qrz.com. Also my profile to the left <--- can be clicked even if not logged on which will also show those same details on my contact list.

Anyone should be able to find your contact details simply by looking for you on Charlie Tango.  Creating my own QSL Cards? 1f44d 

If a DX QSO has your call sign you can simply tell them to find you on Charlie Tango.

I know, seems a bit of work but surely anyone wishing to QSL you would be able to undertake this simple task.

Again, I hope this helps.

All the best,
Victor

Odin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Creating my own QSL Cards?   Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 8:28 am

It's about time you got some more entries in your logbook Victor.
My card is made in Microsoft Publisher i can add detail's then save as .jpeg and send but then don't save changes to the publisher document if you understand.
A m8 did it for me as a start he has just joined the forum last week.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating my own QSL Cards?   Creating my own QSL Cards? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creating my own QSL Cards?
Page 1 of 1