Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeToday at 11:23 pm by Mr T

» gre 225 radio scanner
Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeToday at 10:10 pm by rabbi

» crt ss 9900
Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeToday at 9:21 pm by John123

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeToday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

Keywords
president antenna software lincoln anytone yaesu callsign Baofeng meter power chart Mckinley 6900 display list 2023 call 2022 sign 9900 supply ALINCO ss9900 Sirio frequency Mobile
QRZ Database

Antenna and planning permission

Go down 
+4
Alan Pilot
Yorker999
Rjbingham
Bosskok
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bosskok

Call Sign : 26-CT-4312
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Nottingham
Equipment Used : Crt 9900

Antenna and planning permission  Empty
PostSubject: Antenna and planning permission    Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 5:50 pm

Hi there, years ago when I was into cb’s you could just put a antenna up on the side of your house without any issues. Looking through some posts I’ve noticed some people have been told to take down their antenna due to planning permission is this correct? And is there such law?
My problem is I’ve moved into a new house with a neighbour from hell who used to work for the council but now retired.
Anything I do he seems to have a problem with, so l have to be very careful when choosing my new antenna.
Any advice on discrete antennas that work very good on mainly ssb would be appreciated.

Ps And YES l would love to fill him in. Antenna and planning permission  1f602
Back to top Go down
Rjbingham
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 14-CT-014 F5VLY
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Toulouse
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Antenna and planning permission    Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 6:24 pm

Bosskok wrote:
Hi there, years ago when I was into cb’s you could just put a antenna up on the side of your house without any issues. Looking through some posts I’ve noticed some people have been told to take down their antenna due to planning permission is this correct? And is there such law?
My problem is I’ve moved into a new house with a neighbour from hell who used to work for the council but now retired.
Anything I do he seems to have a problem with, so l have to be very careful when choosing my new antenna.
Any advice on discrete antennas that work very good on mainly ssb would be appreciated.

Ps And YES l would love to fill him in. Antenna and planning permission  1f602
You not alone mate, i had so many problems thanks to one neighbour but i had the help of the RSGB to help me.In the end i got fed up with the gestapo in the local council, its was just one more reason to leave the UK.

When i moved here under French law you can put up a 12m tower and you do not have to ask anyone !!!

I asked my local mayor if i could put up a 20m tower and what i needed to do to get permission, he wrote back saying 'as far as i am concerned its your garden, put up what you want'.....which is what i did, a 20m and 12m tower, never once had a problem.

A good discrete antenna to stay within the UK law is a 5element yagi for 27/28mhz on a mobile tower, that would wind your happy neighbour up !

Good luck mate, do your homework and do not all for the rubbish they try to tell you is the LAW, more often than not, its not.

Regards Ady

Bosskok likes this post

Back to top Go down
Yorker999
Yorker999

Call Sign : 26-CT-4298
QTH or Location : Ilkley West Yorkshire
Equipment Used : Baofeng PMR / YORKS JCB 863 CB /Sharman V2000

PostSubject: Re: Antenna and planning permission    Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 10:43 pm

I would contact your local planning office and seek advice and whether or not permission is required . I would think it would depend on size of antenna ( a tower for example ) , if you are in a conservation area or if your home is listed ( protected conservancy status ) 

I too have a new neighbour from hell who complains if I put the washing out on days the she wants to sit and admire the view across my garden - which leads onto open farm fields ( which her doesn't ) 

She also complained about my Sky satellite dish causing her to get interference on her ancient TV and also headaches as it was pointing at her house. 

So no doubt she is going to complain when my new 2m/6m/70cm co-linear on a 10 foot mast on my house gable goes up in the next few weeks .

Get something from the council in writing then attach it your boundary fence or post it through their letter box so that they know where you both stand etc - good luck

Bosskok likes this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Antenna and planning permission    Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 7:25 am

If you are licenced the RSGB can help.
Sure there was a post like this on here somewhere but can't find it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Markone
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Markone

Call Sign : 26-CT-3433
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Hull
Equipment Used : Midland Alan 88s + crt 9900+5/8 gain master

PostSubject: Re: Antenna and planning permission    Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 6:23 pm

hi Lee, first consider this, I never put up any or antenna or had any involvement with this hobby because I thought the neighbours would complain. All I did was miss 20 years of fun. Stick up a silver rod and see what happens, if planning officer  turns up at your door, play dumb ask them to put any thing in writing. If they tell you to take it down, lodge an appeal, and then another appeal if needed. Your now 18 months down the line, take the foundation test join the RSGB and they will fight your corner. I know a fellow armature who is planning to put up a 40m beam and lives in a terrace block. Dont let the fear stories put you off like it did me. Got a 5/8 gainmaster blowing in the wind and efhw wire and not a neighbour has said a word in nearly 2 years. Just say you have a short wave receiver and don't transmit and you will get no tvi complaints.
take care
mark 26ct3433

Bosskok and HD462 like this post

Back to top Go down
muffie02

Call Sign : 26ct333
QTH or Location : plymouth uk
Equipment Used : legal cb

PostSubject: Re: Antenna and planning permission    Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 7:34 am

aye - stick it up and sod em  -  once its been up for 7 years without complaint they can't do jack anyway   - and there are way too many of these interfering jobsworths and karens ( whats the right term for a male karen ??  )  - THEY  can do what they like  but see an antenna and they grow horns 

round here - fortunatly -  i have had antennas up for 20+ years  - planning "permission " ??? - whats that then  - my neigbours all think i'm a harmless old crazy  and  this is fostered by the amount of muttering in faux german i do when doing anything "antenen " .lol  - and the students around here   are either too  pissed or worse to worry  

however - one tip i will give you is hide antennas in plain sight  - to explain -  most people notice any thing different that stands out  - vis  a shiny new antenna on a 20 foot pole suddenly appearing   - sooo - apply some "stelth " to the situation - start with for example your silver rod or whatever  a couple of meters off the deck  - work just as well in many cases  - and PAINT  the antenna to blend in  !! - yes you read that right  - have a look on you tube et al for ideas   - you can  turn a shiny new "eyesore " into a S.E.P  ( someone else's problem )  quite simply   - and IF  mr karen complains - then you can say to the council bod - "i have taken steps to minimise "visual intrusion "   - oh and also  all antennas are "tempory " - of course  .lol  

don't give up or in !! - you have as much right to your hobby as the next person in these "inclusive " days  

( S.E.P - or someone elses problem  -  An SEP is something we can't see, or don't see, or our brain doesn't let us see, because we think that it's somebody else's problem. That’s what SEP means. Somebody Else’s Problem. The brain just edits it out, it's like a blind spot.
The narration then explains:
Quote :
The Somebody Else's Problem field... relies on people's natural predisposition not to see anything they don't want to, weren't expecting, or can't explain. If Effrafax had painted the mountain pink and erected a cheap and simple Somebody Else’s Problem field on it, then people would have walked past the mountain, round it, even over it, and simply never have noticed that the thing was there.
for a fuller explination please see the hitchiker guide to the galaxy - douglas adams   - it may sound crazy  but it actualyy works !!
Back to top Go down
muffie02

Call Sign : 26ct333
QTH or Location : plymouth uk
Equipment Used : legal cb

PostSubject: Re: Antenna and planning permission    Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 8:00 am

artical here on just this : Painting a Fiberglass CB or Ham Radio Antenna | CB Radio Magazine
Back to top Go down
Wireless
Major contributor
Major contributor

Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : Shrewsbury
Equipment Used : kit

PostSubject: Re: Antenna and planning permission    Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 1:03 pm

Last edited by Wireless on Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total

muffie02 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sydthecat
CT Directors
CT Directors
Sydthecat

Call Sign : 2E0VRX
Times Thanked : 46
QTH or Location : Yorkshire dales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTdx 101d, MD200 mic ,Mosley 3ele Yagi

PostSubject: Re: Antenna and planning permission    Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 5:24 pm

Some very good info can be found here 

https://rsgb.org/main/faq-2/planning-faq/

Craig CT Admin

Les-1, Victor and Bosskok like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antenna and planning permission    Antenna and planning permission  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Antenna and planning permission
Page 1 of 1