Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» crt ss 9900
Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeToday at 4:35 pm by stealth 57

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeToday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeToday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

» Anytone 6667
Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:24 am by Julian brian

» Help needed
Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:02 am by Mighty mutts

Keywords
Mckinley 9900 frequency lincoln Mobile 2022 chart yaesu software power ss9900 president antenna ALINCO display Sirio Baofeng 6900 call callsign anytone supply list sign meter 2023
QRZ Database

Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine

Go down 
+2
Victor
SangueG
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine   Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 6:19 am

Note: Don't want to start political debates and break forum rules. Just posting to make awareness of a decree for those that have not read about it, and also for others to post any contacts or info they have from today if they so wish, be that on amateur radio or other. I am wondering if the law put in place will be abided by amateurs there or if people may turn to non-regulated radio comms like CB.

Prior to today via any contacts I have made recently in to all parts of Ukraine including the capital and bordering areas like Donetsk, there have been no hint from any operators of anything other than business as usual. I sincerely hope for our Ukrainian and Russian friends, and for the world, that this continues to be the case and that issues can be resolved peacefully.

StevieG, Victor and 2E0PWD like this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine   Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 8:23 am

I hadn't seen any news other than the link I posted when I wrote this. I have now and the events starting to unfold sadden me. My thoughts go out all those in that area.

Anyone heard any Ukraine radio activity this morning?
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine   Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 8:47 am

Great posting Neal. Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine 1f44d 

I'm afraid that anything I might add could so easily be twisted or warped into a political perspective.

All I can offer is my thoughts and prayers for all the innocent civilians who may just simply be trying their best to get on with their ordinary everyday lives. 

The Amateur Radio restrictions imposed by the emergency measures are very 'old world' thinking though with misinformation or political views so easily spread by other means nowadays. We've all seen attempts at blocking social media content here in the UK in recent years and thankfully although the same free view thinking sometimes happened on the airwaves there were no attempts to shut it down.

I'd hate to think of the authorities smashing down my door under the guise of 'national security' when all I want to do is simply enjoy my radio with a typical DX or SWL session.

Here's hoping that those apparently 'in charge' will be thinking about much more than their political positions but after typical examples we've seen with our own politicians I don't hold much hope.

I just know that when we have a SHTF moment around the world it's usually ordinary citizens and radio users that step up to assist each other often as the unsung heroes.

Long may it be so.

All the best,
Victor

Sydthecat, glenn dog, Alan Pilot, SangueG and 2E0PWD like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine   Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 9:46 am

Sw Radio is active here in Finland, many different sounds i am hearing now, local Lsb and Usb 11m radio traffic is coming over a bit more in Russian language
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine   Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 2:16 pm

Sad times we live in.
All i can say.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine   Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 2:56 pm

Very true, sad day .

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine   Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 10:36 pm

Bit surreal watching events unfold over the day especially after witnessing so many decades of the iron curtain crumbling away.

My thoughts and prayers are with those who've suffered needless deaths as well as injuries and hopes that this does not escalate further than it already has.

Sydthecat, glenn dog and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine   Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2022 5:17 am

It has also been surreal for me swl the lower HF bands this morning. I know it is 'the way' that we generally don't talk about certain topics on ham radio, but it feels strange that that QSOs carry on as normal.

I have heard a pretty standard amount of Russians on, more talking in their own language as Glen noted. But, even though I don't speak the language, I understand enough to know QSOs are still the standard pass back and forth of greetings, signal, wx and working conditions. I have not heard any stations on from Ukraine this morning though.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine   Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2022 5:56 am

I know what you mean Neal but even many Ukrainian civilians started yesterday morning with a 'business as usual' until the implications hit home with the inevitable rush on banks, supplies, fuel and fleeing their homes as well as country. (Absolutely horrendous if you can think about being in their shoes.)

Others on the face of it many seem to cope by ducking under the covers or burying their heads in the sand but the internet outages that occurred yesterday with the many radio streaming services going down suggests otherwise. A massive amount of people were obviously doing their best to find out more about the crisis and I hope just as many involve themselves in the humanitarian crisis that will inevitably unfold.

G0RQQ and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
stephen Gunrunner
Major contributor
Major contributor
stephen Gunrunner

Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX.
Times Thanked : 10
QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Equipment Used : mobile 4000hp base A99 radio base magnum257hp mobile magnum 257 standed power

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine   Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2022 2:26 pm

some times its better not to be political as if you agree with one then you upset the other, there is things that should not be said, and the ww2 the jewish problems and russian prisoners of war. and good help you if you are russian in a country thats hates the russians, and a country that can not forgive Ukraine. for what side you were on, It is very sad to see two countries fighting And the Eu thats trying to make people join the Eu, they have there hand in this fighting, yes you should not for get ww2 and then you have a country that treats there own people the russian people like they were back in ww2. two wrongs never make it right all them in the Eu should not get involved . my self have seen the good and the verybad. lots of my relitives were Romanian and Ukraine Gypsies. and they were murdered by the the German backed Ukrainian killers. so i can see both sides, it is not nice i have night terrors every night and that is it memories. no body wants war but,,,,,,, its there and its happening and there will be no winners, and lots of innocent killed, can we ever live in peace look forwards to the future and what ever it brings.
Back to top Go down
stormy
stormy

Call Sign : 14CT007 2E0DQV
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : South of Toulouse, France
Equipment Used : Kenwood TS-570, 11m Moxon, Sirio 5/8 Vertical, 1/2 wave dipole

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine   Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 3:04 pm

I posted this reply to Wayne's (Wireless) posting about an hour ago but it seems to have disappeared so I will try on this one.
"I had QSO with 315AU002 yesterday but cut off in the middle unfortunately. He appeared to be in Kharkiv. No further contact."
Not political in my opinion but I didn't watch the utube clip, maybe that was.
14CT007
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine   Amateur Radio ban – Ukraine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1