Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» new call sign
Help needed  Icon_minitimeToday at 2:02 pm by JUMPER

» CT call sign request
Help needed  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:50 pm by Petesevern

» EU conditions have started
Help needed  Icon_minitimeToday at 10:41 am by babis3g

» 10 Metre Summer Challenge 2024
Help needed  Icon_minitimeToday at 9:50 am by John H

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
Help needed  Icon_minitimeToday at 8:51 am by babis3g

» HF Contacts 15m
Help needed  Icon_minitimeToday at 8:44 am by Ivy Mike

» South Coast PMR net report
Help needed  Icon_minitimeToday at 8:12 am by Razz229

» Help needed
Help needed  Icon_minitimeToday at 6:52 am by teapot

» gre 225 scanner
Help needed  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:00 pm by rabbi

Keywords
chart power 2023 list president yaesu display frequency ALINCO sign 2022 callsign call software antenna Baofeng 6900 9900 supply lincoln anytone Sirio Mckinley meter Mobile ss9900
QRZ Database

Help needed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mighty mutts

Call Sign : 108-CT-358
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Castle Douglass
Equipment Used : Anytone 55555N II

Help needed  Empty
PostSubject: Help needed    Help needed  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 11:02 am

Hi all having an issue with a fella across my street I own a anytone 5555N ii and I have just finished making a full wave delta loop for hill topping I put it up in the garden and he complained about him loosing his fm radio signal ie. Radio 1 and then his WiFi went down I have come to the conclusion he just don't like me putting antennas up in the garden. My guesting is if ofcom come nocking where do I stand with my equipment I know the Q5 is modified for 11m but can I say it was on cb channels I wasn't keying up just listening at that point many thanks
Back to top Go down
Numenius

Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Northumberland
Equipment Used : Anytone 5555

Help needed  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed    Help needed  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 5:13 am

So this guy says his signals went down without you transmitting? If so hes clearly lying. At an old address I put up a half wave vertical and a neighbour mentioned he had interference on his TV.... at that point I had not even connected any coax!
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

Help needed  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed    Help needed  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 pm

Hello Chris, 

These issues your neighbour is experiencing can indeed be caused by RF. If as you say you wasn't operating at the time then it's obviously nothing to do with you.

For Ofcom to investigate they would in all probability request some evidence of the interference concerned. It would be unusual for this to happen but if they did pay you a visit then strictly speaking then your radio isn't type approved for use on the 11 meter band. I've not personally heard of anyone being prosecuted for this but it is in theory possible.

You don't need any permission to put up a wire antenna so you really have nothing to worry about. Many people just don't like to see antennas of any kind but it's your right to pursue a legal and legitimate hobby.  I would though encourage all of our members to operate responsibly and if you think this problem is in anyway caused by your activities the best thing to do is take measures to sort it out.

Good luck and if you need any further help don't hesitate to ask.

Best 73 Gary.

C.T. Admin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
teapot
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4484
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Torquay
Equipment Used : cobra 148 glt dx starlker9 fdx, icom 706 mk1

Help needed  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed    Help needed  Icon_minitimeToday at 6:52 am

i second everything everyone has said, but you are allowed to own a ham radio even if you don't have a licence all you have to tell them you don't transmit its here just to listen on them its up to them to catch you using it or just buy a cheap legal rig and every time you have finished using ssb move the radio that's what most of us did in the 80s
dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help needed  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed    Help needed  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help needed
Page 1 of 1