Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Callsign Request (Issued)
multi band antenna Icon_minitimeToday at 5:25 am by Victor

» Callsign request (Issued)
multi band antenna Icon_minitimeToday at 5:19 am by Victor

» call sign (Information Requested)
multi band antenna Icon_minitimeToday at 5:15 am by Victor

» happy to be onboard (Introduction)
multi band antenna Icon_minitimeToday at 5:12 am by Victor

» Gettin a CT call sign (Issued)
multi band antenna Icon_minitimeToday at 5:07 am by Victor

» what was your first radio and antenna
multi band antenna Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:48 pm by K4RLMORG4N

» Eastbourne weekly FM net
multi band antenna Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:12 pm by spurs dazza47

» South Coast PMR net report
multi band antenna Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:08 pm by Victor

» new member, callsign request (Issued)
multi band antenna Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:21 am by John123

Keywords
list supply 2022 yaesu antenna sign 6900 ALINCO lincoln Mckinley 2011 9900 frequency chart Sirio power callsign 2024 ss9900 software president 2023 meter call anytone display
QRZ Database

multi band antenna

Go down 
+3
Toobad
Radio Pixie
time machine
7 posters
AuthorMessage
time machine
time machine

Call Sign : MW6OXV
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Wales
Equipment Used : FTDX1200

multi band antenna Empty
PostSubject: multi band antenna   multi band antenna Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 10:44 pm

Made myself a multi wire horizontal multi band antenna over a year ago for 20,17,15,11 and 10 metres but unable to add on the same for 40m for lack of space (small garden). Any simple efficient ideas that would not involve an external atu will be greatly appreciated.
Steve.
Back to top Go down
Radio Pixie
Radio Pixie

Call Sign : 26CT052
QTH or Location : Peoples Republic of Cornwall

multi band antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi band antenna   multi band antenna Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 10:57 pm

If you can't fit a horizontal antenna in for 40m band, how about vertically? Vertical 1/4w on 40m is just over 10 metres in length. You can run a wire along a ground mounted fibreglass pole, and connect the braid of the coax to an earthing rod, and even have a few 10 metre long ground wires if you can get away with that.

Back to top Go down
Toobad
Toobad

Call Sign : 26CT3000/G0NMC
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Hereford
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-DX3000, Heil PR40, Imax 2000, 80m Delta Loop, GAP Titan

multi band antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi band antenna   multi band antenna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 12:35 pm

I've always been a great advocate of the "suck it and see" approach. Just get around 33ft. of wire up in the air either side of the feedpoint with all the turns and slopes required to fit on your property. You should be able to get it to resonate and how it decides to radiate will dictate whether it is a keeper or not.

I am blessed with a 2 acre plot and once decided to throw up a 2 wavelength horizontal loop for Top Band, some 1050ft. of wire. It tuned up fine but was as deaf as a post! Later I cut it back to make an Extended Double Zepp for 80m. My dedicated 80m dipole still beat it by half an S-point but now when I tuned it for Top Band it put out an absolutely redonkulous signal to the point where contesters would come over to use it for Top Band contests. Go figure! scratch confused
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/G0NMC
erik
erik

Call Sign : 16CT004
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Flemish Brabant - BELGIUM
Equipment Used : JFK II / MC Kinley / Gainmaster

multi band antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi band antenna   multi band antenna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 3:58 pm

try to google 'hyendfed antenna', its a company in The Netherlands that makes multiband wire antennas, maybe that can be a solution for you, these are not cheap but quality made.
Or a half size G5RV with one arm as a vertical (taped to a fishing rod), the other arm 50 cm over the ground horizontally, but you will need a tuner to get the other bands.
A quarter wave vertical with some radials on the ground will work well.
From my location if I want to work Spain on 40m I get better results with my 1/4 vertical than with my FD4 running north to south.
the 'suck it and see' approach, like mr Toobad says is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Radio Pixie
Radio Pixie

Call Sign : 26CT052
QTH or Location : Peoples Republic of Cornwall

multi band antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi band antenna   multi band antenna Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 5:31 pm

As well as Hyendfed antennas, there is the G-whip Resonant 421 that is about 12 metres in length.

https://www.gwhip.co.uk/421-triband-antenna
Back to top Go down
time machine
time machine

Call Sign : MW6OXV
QTH or Location : Wales
Equipment Used : FTDX1200

multi band antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi band antenna   multi band antenna Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Thanks for all the replies. A vertical antenna (especially this size ) is definitely out. The wind situation around here can be extremely bad at times as I am completely open to the west south/west and in general this is where the direction is usually from . I'm over 150m asl (over 500ft approx.) and even a vertical for 10m is not likely to last too long believe me I've tried! It is a very difficult garden to work with on size but I will experiment with an 'L' shaped horizontal which is going to be the only way. I can't climb up ladders (epilepsy) so it makes erecting antennas more difficult than usual. Come to think of it the idea I have will be more of a slight 'C' shape but where I am going to connect the wire to is not going to be easy. I would rather not use an external atu if possible (price really) as I have managed so far with only having to use the internal atu for 10m and mid band slightly on 11m.
Anyway, again thanks for your relies,
Steve.
Back to top Go down
The Old Hobbit
The Old Hobbit

Call Sign : M6 KVK
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Aldershot
Equipment Used : Mil manpack PRC320, FT 450D, FT 817ND, FT8800, Varity of HT,s

multi band antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi band antenna   multi band antenna Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 8:22 am

I know a fella who also struggled for a 40mtr antenna and came up with a "W" shaped wire, it worked a treat. The center being the middle of the "W" on a pole and he fed the wire out to insulators attached to his soffit and then back out to two more poles. Yes it was compromised a little but his radio tuned it up and he manages some good contacts.
Back to top Go down
Terminator

Call Sign : ( 26 ) CT1178
QTH or Location : ASHFORD , KENT .
Equipment Used : Professional /Military /HF / CB . All types .

multi band antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi band antenna   multi band antenna Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2019 9:07 pm

Hello There every one , I am using for HF a CHAMELEON CHA HYBRID / endfeed wire for DX & the CHAMELEON CHA HYBRID / whip & the whip est for local . kent working . There a great antenna & very well built .
Back to top Go down
ISBJORN

QTH or Location : Sweden
Equipment Used : RCI 2950 + Yaesu FT-817

multi band antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi band antenna   multi band antenna Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 6:37 pm

Ordered today the WONDER WAND WONDER LOOP 750 PORTABLE LOOP ANTENNA from the UK to my QRP Yaesu transceiver. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

multi band antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: multi band antenna   multi band antenna Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

multi band antenna
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Help and Discussion Forums :: Antenna Discussion-
Jump to: