Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» crt ss 9900
Bridgend 446 net  Icon_minitimeToday at 4:35 pm by stealth 57

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
Bridgend 446 net  Icon_minitimeToday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
Bridgend 446 net  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
Bridgend 446 net  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

Bridgend 446 net  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Bridgend 446 net  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
Bridgend 446 net  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

» Anytone 6667
Bridgend 446 net  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:24 am by Julian brian

» Help needed
Bridgend 446 net  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:02 am by Mighty mutts

Keywords
call power supply anytone president list ALINCO Sirio 2022 antenna callsign yaesu display meter Mobile chart frequency 9900 sign software Mckinley 2023 6900 Baofeng ss9900 lincoln
QRZ Database

Bridgend 446 net

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ajlloyd80
ajlloyd80

Call Sign : 163-CT-334
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Bridgend.
Equipment Used : Baofeng uv-5r, SS6900n

Bridgend 446 net  Empty
PostSubject: Bridgend 446 net    Bridgend 446 net  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2022 11:47 pm

Any pmr446 nets around bridgend, South Wales? Calling out on Sundays, 8@8 but don’t seem to be getting any copies?!!!
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Bridgend 446 net  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bridgend 446 net    Bridgend 446 net  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2022 7:17 am

Hi Adam,

PMR activity is going to very much depend on its use in your area and I know that in my locality PMR activity as in radio enthusiasts use was very low. I too called out fruitlessly for many months on the 8@8 even utilising a homemade beam antenna only be greeted with very far off voices.

Some areas however are booming with activity but there are sometimes 'nets' held on different days or times so might be worth scanning your radio for activity whenever you can.

Always worth shouting out even if you don't get a response just in case someone else out there is just listening.

Oh, and make sure you set your squelch low enough or press the open squelch to listen out for weaker signals too. It's also worth noting that PMR frequencies can be affected by weather as in 'tropospheric' conditions so that when conditions are ripe you can achieve greater radio distances.

Have fun and don't give up early due to any disappointment, the radio hobby is really a long haul game.

All the best,
Victor

TheReverend likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

Bridgend 446 net  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bridgend 446 net    Bridgend 446 net  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2022 9:37 am

Hi Paul.
Did try PMR but never a sound out of the radio i called and called but nothing.
It was the same with CB when i came back to the hobby after 26 years away from it.
I live on Anglesey North Wales and when i left cb it was booming all day and night.
Did think of packing it in again but found this forum and tried to help others the best i could.
Then our very own Victor mentioned going for the Ham licence and he passed his around the same time.
So i joined the Essex Ham free course for the licence and very nearly gave up on that more than once but Victor pushed me and low and behold i passed it first time.
Well ok the gear is not the cheapest but there is no truer saying than "the world is your lobster".
Think about it ??? plenty of help on here if you just ask.

Victor and TheReverend like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bridgend 446 net  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bridgend 446 net    Bridgend 446 net  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bridgend 446 net
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Help and Discussion Forums :: Standard Multistandard CB Radio UK/EU/Multinorm-
Jump to: