Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» what radio do you wish you never sold
fm cb radio info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:04 pm by tspirawk@gmail.com

» First dx in 40 plus years
fm cb radio info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:01 pm by Nightprowler

» Antenna Required.
fm cb radio info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:20 pm by Victor

» 10m dxcc ......
fm cb radio info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
fm cb radio info Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
fm cb radio info Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
fm cb radio info Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
fm cb radio info Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
fm cb radio info Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

Keywords
callsign Sirio call 2023 power anytone sign ALINCO yaesu frequency meter list Mckinley 9900 Mobile supply display Baofeng chart 2022 antenna ss9900 6900 software president lincoln
QRZ Database

fm cb radio info

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rabbi
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : m3kbd/2e0kbd/m0kbd
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : stockton on tees
Equipment Used : kenwood ts 2000x ascom 70mhz icom vlf/hf/uhf receivers multiband antennas

fm cb radio info Empty
PostSubject: fm cb radio info   fm cb radio info Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2022 2:25 pm

hi i have been given a 40 ch 27/81 baracudra fm cb radio looking for info on conversion to 10 meters site  thanks for looking paul m0kbd 73s Cool
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

fm cb radio info Empty
PostSubject: Re: fm cb radio info   fm cb radio info Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2022 9:32 pm

Hi Paul,

Might be worth a peruse here :-

http://www.g4kfk.co.uk/html/10m.html

I know that nowadays there's also a DDS VFO conversion available so might be worth a search.

The first were common conversions 'back in the day' but I've got to admit I haven't heard much in the way of FM on 10m around my neck of the woods.

Either way, have fun. fm cb radio info 1f44d

All the best,
Victor

rabbi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Mitch
Contributor
Contributor
Mitch

Call Sign : M1TCH
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : Leicester
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-857D, Diamond V2000, Major 3000, President Jackson Mk1, Lafayette AFS-1005, K40 mic, KL203, B550P and Sirio GPE 27 ⅝λ.

fm cb radio info Empty
PostSubject: Re: fm cb radio info   fm cb radio info Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2022 12:16 pm

The Baracuda is not suitable for 10m conversion, you can put mid block in them but that's about all due to the PLL chip (LC7137) limiting expansion options. Very few FM CB's can be converted, those that can be are usually quite easy to do i.e. Icom ICB1050.

rabbi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

fm cb radio info Empty
PostSubject: Re: fm cb radio info   fm cb radio info Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2022 2:13 pm

Paul (Rabbi),

Within the link I sent you is a series of links and one of them is this :-

http://www.g4kfk.co.uk/Converting_Unconvertible_CB_Radios_to_10m_FM_SWM_198403.pdf

Which specifically details the issues surrounding the LC7137 and how to successfully (depending on your point of view) convert them. The 74LS92 mentioned is a bit harder to get hold of nowadays (but not impossible) but with a bit of ingenuity you can achieve the divide by six or two with other circuitry.

If you go beyond simple PLL choices, replacing them or 'jumpers' connected to 'programming' pins you can achieve a lot more than realised.

The 'commercial' version of a particular CB Radio DDS VFO only lists certain CB models also, but delve into the technology and you'll come to realise that you can in fact replace the 'PLL' and VFO entirely with such units.

With the awesomely low price of such technology nowadays and a little bit of knowledge about them they are a valuable tool to the modern experimenter......

Up to you of whether it's worth the bother but I know some like the electronics challenge. Wink

A radio is a radio and usually with CB's a little bit beyond Lou Franklin's "Screwdriver Expert's Guide".

All the best,
Victor

rabbi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sponsored content

fm cb radio info Empty
PostSubject: Re: fm cb radio info   fm cb radio info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fm cb radio info
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Help and Discussion Forums :: Information and Guides-
Jump to: