Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» gre 225 radio scanner
My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 10:10 pm by rabbi

» crt ss 9900
My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 9:21 pm by John123

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

» Anytone 6667
My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:24 am by Julian brian

Keywords
callsign 2022 9900 ALINCO supply ss9900 Baofeng call president 6900 frequency list meter display antenna power 2023 yaesu Mobile Mckinley anytone chart software Sirio lincoln sign
QRZ Database

My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity

Go down 
+8
SangueG
Sharpshooter
43CT016
Tonyvic
Alan Pilot
John123
skyrider
Victor
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Deeside, Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2023 4:38 pm

John123 wrote:
Sharpshooter wrote:
Nice shack Victor.
It certainly appeals to my OCD nature 👍🏼😁
It doesn't matter what equipment you have as long as it makes you happy. Especially the sense of achievement you must feel repairing the radios and building the layout up 👍🏼

I still haven't got my homebase gainmaster up 🙄 too cold, too tired after nights and still haven't sorted a pole ☹
But I will 👍🏼
The caravan base will probably be first.
I'll get some pics up as soon as it's done 😉

At least my rigs are back in the car 🙂

My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Img-2014
Cool mobile setup, Nige.👍

Thanks John, I've also got an extension speaker now for the space U radio as the built in one is pants lol.
I don't use them anywhere near as much as I'd like since I tend to have a beer or 6 on my nights off 👍🏼🍻🤣

So I need to sort myself out with homebases the sooner the better 👍🏼

My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Img_2036

John123, Victor and Kookie1947 like this post

Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2023 7:30 am

Looking great Victor! Do you do a bit of woodturning by chance, or are they bought chess pieces? A family guy fan too? Wink

I wonder how many times I need to cut up wire and do soldering in the kitchen before my better half lets me expand my half metre allotted space in the bedroom corner. When she does I'll higher you to make me some shelves up as for sure if I had a go they wouldn't look as good as yours!

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2023 9:09 am

Hi Neal,

Much appreciated mate. My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 1f44d

Yep, my own woodturnings. (No one wanted the chess pieces instead putting dibs onto the ornamental balls, puzzle pieces, lamps & bowls!) The 'Team Griffin' mug was a gift from one of the daughters after pestering the whole family with "Bird is the Word" a few years back. Very Happy

The shelves?
Pieces from a pine bunk bed the girls used to have many moons ago to make the shelving on the left - middle wall shelves are cut up from an old round dining table top I was given (you can still make out the curves) - desk from an off-cut bit of ply my old friend gave me and the radio shelves were shelves in the first place (but taller). A neighbour was throwing them out after a shed clear out so I salvaged them.

Some might say it's all made out of 'crap' and they wouldn't be wrong.
But it's amazing what you do with stuff when you just look at is as raw materials!

You watch out the station manager doesn't step on slivers of wire, balls of solder or notice solder rosin marks on surfaces or you'll be toast! Wink

(Been there and got the 'emotional' scars from the ticking-off's too! Wink )

You do rather well with your limited space there Neal and a finer Radio Amateur operator you couldn't wish better to meet. My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 1f44d 

All the best to you my friend,
Victor

Kookie1947 and Sharpshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2023 9:54 am

I've been meaning to put shelves up for years in the vast, cavernous, bare ceiling space overlooking the stairs . Mainly to show die cast models and curios . Which surprisingly got a nod of approval from er indoors 👍🏼😁
(I hope my gainmaster mounting doesn't take as long 🙄🤣)

And apologies Victor, I didn't realise until now I'd hijacked your own shack thread with my mobile pics.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2023 10:21 am

No apologies needed Nige my friend, was good to see your mobile setup pictures. My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 1f44d 

It's taken me a few years to finally get my mess sorted and I've been warned to keep it tidy! Wink

Sharpshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
grady
grady

Call Sign : 26 ct2750
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : suffolk
Equipment Used : crt 6900 n yaesu ft-757 gx 2 kenwood ts-430s antena is a sigma venom silver rod 5/8 wave h/y gain

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2023 9:03 am

Looking great plenty of fun time to be had in the shack well done sir.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2023 10:35 am

Thanks Grady. My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 1f44d

Great to just go into the space now and simply start operating.
I remember seeing your updated shack a while back on the forum. You still have the 757GXii? Loving my old 757GX.
Back to top Go down
grady
grady

Call Sign : 26 ct2750
QTH or Location : suffolk
Equipment Used : crt 6900 n yaesu ft-757 gx 2 kenwood ts-430s antena is a sigma venom silver rod 5/8 wave h/y gain

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2023 10:59 am

Yes still got it and works great im in the shack most days and nights after work just love the hobby I'm now thinking about doing some more work in there some changes not many though keep up the good work and hopefully chat on air one day .

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mtn. Mule

Call Sign : 2-CT-229
QTH or Location : Pittsfield MA.
Equipment Used : Cobra 21x 23 channel

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2023 12:28 pm

It looks perfect Victor. All someone would need to enjoy the day. My space is in the Corner  of a pantry. I just had a Hallicrafter S38c restored to add to my space. Not much but it makes me very happy.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2023 2:08 pm

Hi Alan, much appreciated. My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 1f44d

Lovely to look at old gear like the Hallicrafter range let alone own one, you're a lucky man with your S38c and I hope you enjoy it immensely.

I used to have an old Codar CR70a back in my early SWL days but unfortunately lost in the mists of time. (Wasn't the best radio by far but boy did I enjoy listening on it!) I have some old valve gear and spares laying around and plan at some time to knock up a little 'super-genny'....It'll probably be terrible compared to modern day gear but hopefully bring back the smiles I used to have as a lad carefully tweaking/tuning one to listen to those distant voices. Smile

All the best to you there Stateside,
Victor

Mtn. Mule likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mtn. Mule

Call Sign : 2-CT-229
QTH or Location : Pittsfield MA.
Equipment Used : Cobra 21x 23 channel

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2023 2:13 pm

Thank you Victor

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ivy Mike
Major contributor
Major contributor
Ivy Mike

Call Sign : 26CT4113/G1HWY
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : IO90uv
Equipment Used : ICOM radios/antenna farm

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2023 9:06 am

Missed this post some how but that is a nice shack Victor.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2023 9:31 am

Hi Mike,

No worries my friend, it's good that Charlie Tango members fill the forum with interesting stuff allowing us to peruse through at our leisure. My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 1f44d

It's currently not so tidy but fulfilling its duty as the bench is covered in components as I battle through a headset microphone design I've been working on. Like all projects that start small they often expand and I've been adding elements like desktop VFO control, Local/DX voice processing options and anything else that'll fit the bill and suitable enclosure! Wink

All good fun.

Much appreciated and all the best to you,
Victor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2023 9:38 am

WOW!!!! beats the hell out of my Man Cave, nice bit of woodwork there.
 My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 263a                                            My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 1f44f  My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 1f44f  My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 1f44f
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2023 10:00 am

Must clean mine up.
Better weather is on the way so i can tip it all out and start again lol.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2023 10:07 am

Cheers Bernie. My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 1f44d
It's mostly made from junk and donated items but does serve its purpose.
You'll have to post a pic up of your setup, always great to see others shacks. (Sometimes gives you a good idea or two as well. Smile )

Hi Alan mate,
Always hard to keep a space tidy no matter how much you promise yourself. Once I get this headset done I'll have to clear all those pesky components, wires, tools and poxy little tiny solder balls that always seem to be left behind! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2023 11:14 am

My clutter is cluttered Victor.
I have to go back to the shack build pictures i posted to see what it does look like lol.
Back to top Go down
richf
Contributor
Contributor
richf

Call Sign : 163-CT-067 GW0HDY
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Cwmbran, SE Wales
Equipment Used : FT450D FT818ND QCX MINI

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 9:20 pm

Alan Pilot wrote:
I used to listen to Caroline with a little radio in bed when i was a kid.
Victor we are getting old and they all know now lol.
Showing my age - it was Radio Luxembourg for me in spite of all the interference.

Sharpshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 9:37 pm

richf wrote:
Alan Pilot wrote:
Showing my age - it was Radio Luxembourg for me in spite of all the interference.

Oh that's a blast from the past lol 👍🏼😁
Back to top Go down
Tonyvic
Major contributor
Major contributor
Tonyvic

Call Sign : 26-CT-4013/M7DVQ
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : Brighton, East Sussex
Equipment Used : Yaesu 991a - Imax 2000 - CRT Electro - Sharman X50

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 11:14 pm

Sharpshooter wrote:
richf wrote:
Alan Pilot wrote:

Oh that's a blast from the past lol 👍🏼😁

A blast from the past most definitely, 208M mw & 49.26M Short Wave. My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 1f600
Back to top Go down
https://allradio.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity   My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My updated 'Shack' - Almost no cost thanks to others generosity and a bit of 'recycling' ingenuity
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2