Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:47 pm by John123

» new call sign (Issued)
Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:42 pm by John123

» CT call sign request (Information requested)
Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:40 pm by John123

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:13 pm by Razz229

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:42 pm by Razz229

»  baofeng t1 mini handy users uk
Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:59 pm by Izzi

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:20 pm by Izzi

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:57 pm by micscave

» HF Contacts 15m
Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:11 am by VanRougeT4

Keywords
6900 call 9900 software meter ALINCO 2022 Mobile chart list lincoln power president Mckinley display antenna callsign 2023 supply sign anytone yaesu Sirio frequency Baofeng ss9900
QRZ Database

Rota (railways on the air)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
peewee norfolk
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
peewee norfolk

Call Sign : 26-CT-4879 / M7PCA
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : North Walsham, JO02QU
Equipment Used : FT1000MP !!!!!!binatone 5*,alinco dx10 135,sirio4000,silver rod,G5RV,beofeng 17 pro max, X30 duel 2m/70cm,full size G5RV, TS120v,soon new toy

Rota (railways on the air) Empty
PostSubject: Rota (railways on the air)   Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2023 7:13 pm

Hi all

This weekend the club im with (bittern DX,ers) has a special event station running at whitwell station : GB2MGN

Be good to hear some of you on Saturday 23rd
Most modes will be working eg FT8, voice, poss rtty  and on most bands i think, 

Looking for ward to my first outing with them all, learning as i go, from set up,to logging,etc etc
Getting through the rsgb foundation manual well and loads of online reading, only advantage with working away from home peace and a pint and radio related things, i will get that pass !!!!!!
M7 *** to be coming soon i hope

Al21 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Al21
Contributor
Contributor
Al21

Call Sign : 26CT4617, 26TD133 & M7FPX
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Malton, North Yorkshire
Equipment Used : PMR 446 handset, President McKinley

PostSubject: Re: Rota (railways on the air)   Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2023 8:19 am

Good luck with the event.  I'm busy during the day, but usually head out in the evening if possible on a Sat.

Do you have a date for your Foundation exam yet?  I'm waiting for my local radio club to get the paperwork through from the RSGB to hold exams again so I can sit mine.  I completed the Essex Ham course a few weeks a go now and am champing at the bit to take the test.

Best wishes
Al
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Rota (railways on the air)   Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2023 9:28 am

Don't you fancy doing the test online.
??? Do they still do it online i think they do.

peewee norfolk likes this post

Back to top Go down
peewee norfolk
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
peewee norfolk

Equipment Used : FT1000MP !!!!!!binatone 5*,alinco dx10 135,sirio4000,silver rod,G5RV,beofeng 17 pro max, X30 duel 2m/70cm,full size G5RV, TS120v,soon new toy

PostSubject: Re: Rota (railways on the air)   Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2023 10:17 am

Thanks Al
And yes Alan I'm going to do that, got every thing I need now, got every thing of the RSGB site, band plan, db calculator ect also done even more mock tests if that possible, just the pic ones I struggle with (dam dysliciaaaa) but getting there
Back to top Go down
Al21
Contributor
Contributor
Al21

Call Sign : 26CT4617, 26TD133 & M7FPX
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Malton, North Yorkshire
Equipment Used : PMR 446 handset, President McKinley

PostSubject: Re: Rota (railways on the air)   Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2023 11:06 am

Hi Alan, yes the tests are available online still, but I prefer the classroom environment for an exam. I've just heard that the radio club has heard from the RSGB and they are now on the way to being able to run tests again. So I hope to be able to say here that my test is booked, shortly follwed by an 'I have passed' message.
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Rota (railways on the air)   Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2023 12:25 pm

You can get an App for phone or tab.
Dyslexic myself so when you do the test read the questions 3 times that is what i did (strange how they change lol).
Don't panic you will have more than enough time and you can mark any questions you are not sure on and then go back to them later plenty of time.

Al21 likes this post

Back to top Go down
peewee norfolk
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
peewee norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Rota (railways on the air)   Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2023 12:34 pm

Cheers Alan, been reading through the rsgb foundation manual and using a few apps aswell as "get in tae grips" GM6DX real good site loads of testing all the way through aswellRota (railways on the air) Screen10Rota (railways on the air) Screen10Rota (railways on the air) Screen10Rota (railways on the air) Screen10Rota (railways on the air) Screen11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rota (railways on the air)   Rota (railways on the air) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rota (railways on the air)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: The Amateur Lounge :: Amateur Discussions-
Jump to: