Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» New call sign request
Beofeng uv17 pro max Icon_minitimeToday at 8:41 pm by spod

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
Beofeng uv17 pro max Icon_minitimeToday at 8:28 pm by Razz229

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
Beofeng uv17 pro max Icon_minitimeToday at 4:50 pm by glenn dog

» EU conditions have started
Beofeng uv17 pro max Icon_minitimeToday at 4:48 pm by glenn dog

» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
Beofeng uv17 pro max Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:47 pm by John123

» new call sign (Issued)
Beofeng uv17 pro max Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:42 pm by John123

» CT call sign request (Information requested)
Beofeng uv17 pro max Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:40 pm by John123

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
Beofeng uv17 pro max Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:13 pm by Razz229

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Beofeng uv17 pro max Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:42 pm by Razz229

Keywords
antenna 2022 callsign ALINCO chart 6900 supply lincoln display ss9900 sign Baofeng Mobile 2023 software 9900 president power anytone meter Mckinley call frequency list Sirio yaesu
QRZ Database

Beofeng uv17 pro max

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
peewee norfolk
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
peewee norfolk

Call Sign : 26-CT-4879 / M7PCA
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : North Walsham, JO02QU
Equipment Used : FT1000MP !!!!!!binatone 5*,alinco dx10 135,sirio4000,silver rod,G5RV,beofeng 17 pro max, X30 duel 2m/70cm,full size G5RV, TS120v,soon new toy

Beofeng uv17 pro max Empty
PostSubject: Beofeng uv17 pro max   Beofeng uv17 pro max Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 8:08 pm

Just got one of these from a well known site, not fleaebay or robber tree but another well known site.
£2.75 and £1 for extension mic.
Thought what the hell, less than a meal at a well known eatery, if it don’t turn up not a lot lost……
Turned up to weeks later, after 3 days in customes, i have to say, not transmitted on it as not got my m7 as of yet,,,,,,
Took to railways on the air meet to get the nice licensed people to try it out………
To say they were shocked was good , awesome mic sound, spot on freq, so well chuffed, next bit down load chirp and up load all the repeaters so im ready when i pass !!!!!!!!!!! (Note i said when i pass) wont be long I don’t think as getting a constant pass on all the mocks im doing….
Thanks to the member on here that said about it a while back !!!!!!!
P.s. next purchase ft991a thanks to Alan and all the others, told the wife how much it will cost her lol……………………………

SangueG and TamGlasgow like this post

Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: Beofeng uv17 pro max   Beofeng uv17 pro max Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2023 6:23 am

What a bargain! I thought my uv5r was for £20ish.

Repeaters can be great to just listen to even before you get your licence. You can get a feel for how much local ones are used and how people use them. Our local one at Swindon, GB3TD, has echolink, which means any ham from anywhere in the world can connect to it and talk to others on their radios. I often hear people from America and Australia on there talking to locals whilst walking the dog or to work.

Have fun, I am sure you will, and good luck on your test.
Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
peewee norfolk
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
peewee norfolk

Equipment Used : FT1000MP !!!!!!binatone 5*,alinco dx10 135,sirio4000,silver rod,G5RV,beofeng 17 pro max, X30 duel 2m/70cm,full size G5RV, TS120v,soon new toy

PostSubject: Re: Beofeng uv17 pro max   Beofeng uv17 pro max Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2023 12:47 pm

Cheers Neal looking forward to doing my test won't be long now, I'll get GB3TD put in
GB3NB is my most local 2m one
GB3AH is the 70cm most local one
Loving all the leaning aswell, my local club carnt help enough, leaned a lot on Saturday at the Rota meeting (event station) from helping to set up and see how they all operate good day had by all

TamGlasgow likes this post

Back to top Go down
TamGlasgow
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 108-CT-370 & MM3TAM
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Clydebank, Scotland
Equipment Used : Various on 2/4/10/11m and 70cm

PostSubject: Re: Beofeng uv17 pro max   Beofeng uv17 pro max Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2023 9:05 pm

Great bargain! There are a few guys around me who are on 2m most nights, I just need to pluck up the courage to join in Very Happy
To listen to my local repeaters, do I just need to sit on the repeaters output frequency? I only want to listen in to get a feel for it.
Back to top Go down
peewee norfolk
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
peewee norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Beofeng uv17 pro max   Beofeng uv17 pro max Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2023 6:27 pm

sorry tam or the late reply been busy swatting up for my foundation exam, get a cheep beofeng from a well known site (ETSY) i got mine, then get chirp (free) im northern...... then look up repeater list.com and load all the reapeters in it will do the steps,ctcs tone ect ect, ill prob never use most of them but real easy to put in... i see you Licenced so dont be mike shy, give it a go, im sure there will be someone near you to call out, if all else fails 145.500 do a cq call

TamGlasgow likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beofeng uv17 pro max   Beofeng uv17 pro max Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beofeng uv17 pro max
Page 1 of 1